Notaries - please help

Notaries - please help

Postby Craig0312 » Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:56 am

Hi All

I am going through the procedure of getting my notary papers signed through the help of my bulgarian solictor, however Fort Noks want to reduce the price in the notaries by 40% from the original purchase price - is this correct? My solicitor informs me that 20% is normally the case, can anyone help please who has gone through this procedure & can help me.

Thanks all.

Craig
Craig0312

Re: Notaries - please help

Postby dazza » Wed Aug 19, 2009 2:08 am

i would like to know the procedure too as i am over to do mine soon i was told that you dont need a solicitor ??
dazza

Postby BWFC » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:46 pm

thats correct what they do. i bought a studio on NFC for €23300 at the notary they put it down as €14700.
i did not use a solicitor because thats what you are paying fortnoks all this money for notary fees.
they draw all the papers up. if you feel better with a solicitor take one with you. but i dont think he is allowed in the notary office when you sit in front of the notary man in that big leather chair.
BWFC

Postby amanda smith » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:55 pm

Hi Craig,

I used a solicitor and I am glad that I did it as she made lots of legal checks for me, send me a legal report for the result of the checks and recomend me how to proceed with the amount in the deed. She also did the Bulstat and tax registration, did our Bulgarian Wills and arrange the translation of the deed in English. The fee that I pay was less that the amount that Fort Noks charge for Bulstat and tax registration. It is looks like Fort Noks are not charging for the paperwork and the Bulstat registartion but they actualy are. If you'd like I can give you her details.

Cheers!
amanda smith

Postby BWFC » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:49 pm

craig - i understand what u are saying but if your solicitor did the bullstat + tax registration you would of not had to pay fortnoks so how much did fortnoks charge between €800 +€1000 the way u are putting it its as if you chose your solicitor instead of fortnoks. thats not the case. so you ended up paying twice. so what legal checks did she make. i think you will find like most people fortnoks draws up all the paperwork your solicitor reads it nods her head and sends you the bill. its €70 to draw a will up in bulgaria and €50 to have your deeds translated into english
BWFC

Postby Craig0312 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 6:47 pm

BWFC, what I am saying is I paid a solicitor to do my notaries instead of my going out to do myself, the actual purchase price of my appartment has been reduced by 20%. They originally wanted to reduce it by 40% but my solicitor got it to 20%. This reduction will have an impact when you sell teh appartment as it will make it look like you have made more money than you have had and get taxed on this gain.

I have not paid Fort Noks for any legal matters, my solicitor is doing everything (notaries/bullstat & tax registration for 400 Euros)
Craig0312

Postby dazza » Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:18 pm

well i am just about to do mine and they have asked for 1040 euro for notary ?? did you not pay this craig ?
dazza

Postby simon and kate » Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:46 pm

we are going out this Friday, signing the notary papers next Tuesday, not too happy with the cost of the apartment being reduced by 40% on the papers, will we be able to get it reduced to 20% ourselfs?
simon and kate

Postby BWFC » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:29 pm

craig - be very careful most people i spoke to who have signed the notary found out their solicitor did nothing. because like i said in my other posts fortnoks draught all the papers. when you go to sign up at the fortnoks office they will present you with a bill of around €1000 on top of what u have paid your solicitor.
BWFC

Postby Garyjs » Wed Sep 02, 2009 2:52 pm

I think that you are spot on BWFC, & Craig I think you are in for a shock, hopefully we are wrong, my advice is if you want to complete on your purchase this trip, take lots of money, or plastic that not near it's max

I took much more cash than I thought I would need, & they almost had the lot

They even had a laugh in the NFC office, when saying take loads of cash, & they were right

Better to take extra than have to fly out again

Gary
Garyjs

Re: Notaries bwfc

Postby dazza » Wed Sep 02, 2009 10:11 pm

As you have been through this i was told from fort noks the notary was 1040e is there anything else on top or is that it for everything bulsat etc
dazza

Postby BWFC » Thu Sep 03, 2009 11:54 am

craig - why dont you email aglaia at fortnoks and ask her how much do you owe for legal fees. then you will find out one way or the other whether your solicitor is just stringing you along.
BWFC

Postby Craig0312 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:58 pm

All.

Think there may some confussion.

I have paid a bulgarian solicitor (legal made - Anna) to sign my papers & bullstat etc on my behalf as I am not going bulgaria, I have paid 400 euros for power of attorney, bulgarian will, opening up of a bulgarian bank account & signing of my contract . My wife has just had a baby so hadnt planned on going out this year. When I take in flights, time of work, I think 400 euros is ok.

My notaries are 1100 euros - which I am aware off

Does this sound better guys.

Craig
Craig0312

Return to NESSEBAR FORT CLUB / NESSEBAR FORT GOLF CLUB