legalization of documents with bulgarian embassy in london

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

Postby banny » Sun Feb 18, 2007 11:32 pm

hi all
has anyone used a solicitor for power of atterney and had to get there documents legalized at the bulgarian embassy in london ? if so can you advise me what to do as i cannot get through to them and as i live in manchester i dont fancy going down to london unprepared
thanks
banny
banny

DOCUMENTS

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 19, 2007 1:20 pm

HELLO BANNY, I HAD MY DOCUMENTS DONE BY MY SOLICITOR AND THEN I TOOK THEM IN PERSON TO THE FOREIGN AND COMMONWEALTH OFFICE IN LONDON TO BE LEGALISED WHERE I HAD TO WAIT FOR ABOUT AN HOUR AND A HALF.IT IS NINETEEN POUNDS PER DOCUMENT.GOOD LUCK.

legalization of documents

Postby DianeAndIan » Mon Feb 19, 2007 5:26 pm

Hi there,
You do not have to go to the Bulgarian embassy we had our documents legalized by a Public Notary. There are not many about but if you go on Yell.com and you can search for the nearest in your area. Some solicistors are also Public Notarys. We did this and had no problems whatsoever.

Hope this helps.
Diane and Ian
DianeAndIan

Postby Annette & Gordon » Mon Feb 19, 2007 7:30 pm

Do you have to get your documents legalised then? What if you are using a Bulgarian solicitor for your purchase. Wouldn't they do this on your behalf ? :?
Annette & Gordon
Annette & Gordon

DOCUMENTS

Postby Guest » Mon Feb 19, 2007 8:29 pm

HELLO, I USED A BULGARIAN SOLICITOR AND I WAS PRESENT AT THE NOTARY TRANSFER IN BULGARIA BUT I STILL HAD TO GET MY DOCUMENTS LEGALISED IN ENGLAND BEFOREHAND.

Postby banny » Mon Feb 19, 2007 11:02 pm

hi all
thank you all very much for you replies . i have been able to sort all the form legalisation out through a local notary agent and saved myself a day off work for me and my wife, and a long journey to london and back. and the cost was very reasonable indeed.
cheers
banny
banny

Postby Annette & Gordon » Tue Feb 20, 2007 12:39 pm

You couldn't give me their details, Banny, could you? Most grateful. Cheers!
Annette & Gordon
Annette & Gordon

Postby banny » Tue Feb 20, 2007 8:40 pm

hi annette & gordan
i would give you the details no problem but they are here in stockport which i wouldnt think would help you much from cardiff. i followed the instructions of
diane and ian and went to yell.com and found a local notary. if you still want these details i will post them later. ps i also didnt realise until a lot later that even when using a bulgarian solicitor you still needed to legaise paper work in UK
cheers
banny
banny

Postby Guest » Tue Feb 20, 2007 11:51 pm

We had our documents signed by a notary locally but still had to have them legalised at the office in London as per instructions from our Bulgarian lawyer, it all cost us a fortune!! done nothing but pay out since purchasing our apartment!!

Postby banny » Wed Feb 21, 2007 12:07 am

hi
i still have to have my documents legalised in london but the notary agent does all the work now. the fees for the legaliseation in london is still £19.00 per document [5 documents= £95.00] the fee from the local notary is £145.00. so when i add up the cost of a days pay for me and my wife + petrol+ 8hours journey+ any food or drink cost i think the option of paying a local notery £145.00 is very good
cheers
banny
banny

Postby Guest » Wed Feb 21, 2007 7:19 pm

Thanks for that Banny, that's really helpful. Didn't realise there was so much involved :roll:

Return to GENERAL