Publicising this Forum

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:04 pm

2 lev is about 69p

not worth getting stressed over

just pay it and lie back and enjoy the sun

Postby julie » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:39 pm

Multiply that X 2 people for 7 or 14 days adds up quite a bit for something that should be free.
julie

Postby yorkie » Thu Mar 01, 2007 11:43 pm

To revert back to my original suggestion, if anyone from FN is reads this post, are you going to publicise the forum more actively?
yorkie

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 02, 2007 12:08 pm

we only own the apartments - we dont own the pools/tennis courts etc.

if fortnoks had included all the extras in with the price of the apartments it would have just put the cost up (ie you might have paid 31,000 instead of 30,000) and therefore everyone would have paid for the tennis courts/pool loungers etc.

at least this way, only people the use the facilities will pay.
I for one wont use the tennis courts and therefore wouldnt want to pay for them in the cost of my apartment.

paying for the facilites as extras brings down the cost of the apartments in the first place.

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 02, 2007 10:47 pm

A good point fellow guest :) but it will be a real turn off for renters looking to rent our apartments.

Who wants to pay to use a sun lounger round the pool at a Fort Noks complex when nearly every other apartment complex in the area doesn't charge.

Its a no brainer really, people will look elsewhere for a complex where a few of the essentials are included :?

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 02, 2007 11:04 pm

so go to one of the complexes that dont charge and lounge by their pool.

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:24 am

Anonymous wrote:so go to one of the complexes that dont charge and lounge by their pool.

That's really helpful!!!

Families renting out our apartments do NOT expect to have to pay to use sun loungers in a complex. Whenever I have stayed on a complex I have never paid to use sun loungers, this should be included in the maintenance we pay. However small the cost is it will turn people off wanting to rent in Fortnoks.

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:51 am

are you sure you're not thinking of hotels.

complexes are not like hotels.

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:53 am

buy a couple of sun lounges and leave them in your apartment for people to use

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:53 am

DO YOU WORK FOR FORT NOKS?

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 03, 2007 12:36 pm

I wonder who the business brains are!!! Surely small cost of providing the sun loungers FREE will be paid for by more people coming to stay and spending more in the shops,restaurants, etc...... When people think they are being taken for a ride, they inevitably are suspicious and think twice before spending more on other services.

This really does not bode well for FN complexes for the future.

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:05 pm

This thread is turning out to be a big JOKE.

It started out as a thread to promote this forum and ended up arguing about sun loungers.

What next ...

Postby Guest » Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:26 pm

WHAT NEXT?

MAINTENANCE FEES!

NEXT YEAR 10 E

Postby yorkie » Sat Mar 03, 2007 11:08 pm

Thanks "Guest" for moving the topic in a different direction. Is there any reason why so many of you are affraid to identify yourselves? Fort Noks will not bite (I hope!!!!).

The suggestion that Maintenance Charges will be 10 euros next year does not reflect the announcement made by FN last month. Anyone who has paid annually will be paying 5.70 euros plus 2 years indexation. I, for one, decided to take the discounted rate of 4 euros and pay up for 5 years. A good decision considering the annual indexation increases.

As for the amount of the charges themselves, they are well below the rates charged in other popular holiday destinations such as Spain etc. If we work out the arithmatic for a large complex of 500 apartments, the income from Maintenance Charges will be approximately £150,000 to cover complex management, pool cleaning and maintenance, ground and gardens upkeep, common area maintenance, cleaning and electricity as well as 24/7 manned security 365 days a year. Clearly cost are currently lower in Bulgaria than other Countries but I think we need to be totally realistic about how much our money will buy to protect and maintain our investment. The only thing I wish is that I could encourage more people to rent our apartments to make the charges more affordable. This will only come with more and cheaper flights which is something which is currently outside of our control.
yorkie

Postby Guest » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:00 pm

First of all, the fact that the maintenance charges have increased was inevitable. I have to admit that I have "invested" in my apartment in Bulgaria. My hope was that the apartment would rise in value, and therefore I would make money in the long run. If the property value is increasing, you can rest assured that this probably means that inflation is therefore on the up and your maintenance fee will increase. I entirely agree with Yorkie, that Fort Noks have been more than fair. They have let you know it will increase, and also given you enough time to pay the maintenance charges at the current rate... what more do people want?

Second thing, with regards to sun loungers etc. I totally agree with Fort Noks that sun loungers are not free. This could potentially be a huge cost to them and likewise with all other facilities... every time something gets broken or stolen (these things do happen), Fort Noks will incur a cost... this cost will then be passed on to you as owners within the maintenance fees, and people are already moaning about the current increase.

Last thing, the price of 69p per lounger okay would be a lot over a one/two week period for 2 people... but I really can't believe that people intend to spend every waking second by the pool, when they are in such a beautiful country!

PreviousNext

Return to GENERAL