EU member

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

EU member

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 14, 2007 4:56 pm

Hello all,
Now that we're in the EU, how long can we stay for on any one trip. And do we have to register with the police on arrival or do we register with Fort Noks? Anybody? :?

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:00 pm

You do not have to register with anyone anymore. You are free to come and go. The limits I seem to get different answers each time. To stay in Bulgaria apparently you are free to do so without Visa's. Some say you can do any 3 months in 6. So until things get finalised, still abit unsure. But definately no need to register.

so a blessing, no nasty trips to the dreaded police station !!

Postby Guest » Wed Mar 14, 2007 6:39 pm

For those of you who travel independently to Bulgaria (i.e. non-package tour/guest house/hotel, etc.) the following reply to my query about registration, which I have received from the Bulgarian Embassy in London's Visa Section, may be of interest: [i]"Please note that holders of valid ordinary passports and ID card issued from one of the EU countries (including UK (British Citizen Passport Holders only) do not need a visa to visit Bulgaria and stay there for 90 days each time. During this time visitors do not need to register at a police station. However, British Citizen Passport Holders and other EU citizens, who wish to stay longer and live in the country, should within the space of the initial 90 days stay apply for a Bulgarian ID card and permition to reside in there at the local Police Station at their address in Bulgaria.

This is the latest information I received.

Di

thanks

Postby Guest » Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:37 pm

To the replies so far, thanks a lot...it is much clearer now... if anyone else can through any light on the subject, please do so... :)

EU members

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:05 am

Just so I am clear on this, do we need a UK passport and an ID card, if so, Where do you get ID cards from.

EU members

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 16, 2007 10:05 am

Just so I am clear on this, do we need a UK passport and an ID card, if so, Where do you get ID cards from.

Postby Kath Stirling » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:14 pm

You only need a passport to stay ninetey days, if you intend to stay longer then you appply for ID in Bulgaria.
Kath / Keith

http://www.phoenixbulgaria.co.uk
phoenixuk@fsmail.net
00 359 885127212
00 359 889251747
Kath Stirling

applying for ID

Postby Guest » Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:46 pm

Hello all,
Does anyone know the process of applying for ID as the 90 day limit is reached? How do we actually go about it :?

Return to GENERAL