restaurant

restaurant

Postby J&K » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:47 pm

Does anyone know if the restaurant at Crown is open. No sign of it opening when we were there in June. Shame as it was ok & handy for us.
J&K

Re: restaurant

Postby Chez2 » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:49 pm

Do you mean the one just above the pool with the slide? We are going over there a week on Monday, I will try to remember to look at this forum and let you know. Are you going over this year?

Forgot to add....the Russian restaurant under imperial hasn't been open for a few years and I don't know of another one on site. The Russian one was expensive but good. We used to eat there one a holiday. Wasn't it only there one or two years though?
Chez2

Postby J&K » Sat Aug 08, 2015 12:02 am

Hi. Yes the one behind the slide pool.
I don't remember the restaurant at imperial at all. When we went in June we went to a shop/bar right at the top in Imperial. Its a bit like a beer-off with tables outside. They also do lovely coffee & cake. The lady who runs is lovely & really friendly.

We are back in September. Enjoy your holiday!
J&K

Postby Chez2 » Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:58 am

We tend to go late May/early June and late August / early September so the coffee shop is not yet open or just closing. Its a coffee shop / shop isn't it? The one that only opened last year or the year before. Its in the bottom left corner of block A1 imperial fort.

The Russian restaurant used to be next door or the same place, not sure from memory. You can still see the wooden canopy over the terrace. Not sure if the coffee shop uses the same terrace. Our apartment is above the coffee shop. We are on the third floor on that corner of block A1 Imperial Fort.

We come home 31st of August otherwise I would have invited you over for a coffee. Hubby is a coffee connoisseur. :| We are taking six bags of fresh roast coffee with us :roll: and we have a hand grinder so he grinds fresh for each cup (it keeps him happy so I don't mind). :lol:
Chez2

Postby J&K » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:24 pm

We don't often venture up the hill so we thought it was new this year. They also sell beers and wine and the lady gives you glasses.
We are in Crown at one of the blocks at the front ( near office) we tend to go in June for 3 weeks & again in sept. We'll miss you by 1 day but thanks for the offer : ) your coffee sounds fab. :D
J&K

Postby Chez2 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:10 am

We used to go the first ten days of September. I run my own business and I have been sat twiddling my thumbs in August for the last few years. It then gets crazy busy as soon as the kids go back to school and parents go back to work. Thats the only reason we are going next week.

It would have made more sense to have the coffee shop nearer one of the pools near sea fort or higher up near one of he other pools in crown or imperial. There isn't a reason for people to walk up into the complex, I know exactly what you mean. When we were there earlier this year we walked up along the road behind our block which I think must change from Imperial at our end to crown at the other. We then walked down through the grounds. We thought we had explored all the grounds but found one block which we hadn't been round. We found another swimming pool we had no idea was there!
Chez2

Postby J&K » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:28 pm

Really! Lol, there certainly is plenty of pools to choose from.
J&K

Postby Chez2 » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:47 pm

J&K wrote:Really! Lol, there certainly is plenty of pools to choose from.

Yes, unbelievable. :roll: :oops: It was only the other side of the block to the pool we used to sit round. I think its Crown end of the complex rather than Imperial end. We have been using the one in sea fort as its right next to us but some people let their unruly kids run around screaming, shouting and splashing people and it makes it impossible to relax.
Chez2

Postby J&K » Mon Aug 10, 2015 10:19 am

I know what you mean, I closest pool to us is the slide pool , its perfect for our little girl but the big kids (adults) go a little bit crazy on it!!! It can be mental at times so we head for the beach. So excited to get back now - counting the days .... 8)
J&K

Postby Chez2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:16 pm

I think the one at the bottom of the slide is meant just for the slide so I guess it will be dangerous for anyone to stay in that pool. Have you seen the smaller pool just a bit further up the complex? Its sort of in the middle of crown and imperial a row down in the gardens from the coffee shop. Its much nearer than the beach. There is another one not much bigger than a fountain half way down on imperial side, right on the edge of the complex. I know people were complaining about the size but that really is a shallow kids pool /fountain.

I know what you mean.....I'm excited too. Sean has painted our apartment...can't wait to see it! I have sent some new curtains over so can't wait to unpack those and put them up.
Chez2

Postby Chez2 » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:16 pm

I think the one at the bottom of the slide is meant just for the slide so I guess it will be dangerous for anyone to stay in that pool. Have you seen the smaller pool just a bit further up the complex? Its sort of in the middle of crown and imperial a row down in the gardens from the coffee shop. Its much nearer than the beach. There is another one not much bigger than a fountain half way down on imperial side, right on the edge of the complex. I know people were complaining about the size but that really is a shallow kids pool /fountain.

I know what you mean.....I'm excited too. Sean has painted our apartment...can't wait to see it! I have sent some new curtains over so can't wait to unpack those and put them up.
Chez2

Return to GRAND RESORT: Marina, Panorama, Imperial, Crown, Sea Fort