Just got back

Just got back

Postby littlebush » Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:59 pm

Hi

Just got back from a long weekend at my apartments in Crown (My 2nd visit since apts completed last year)

My thoughts:

-Sunny beach VERY quiet. I've not been over in June before so dont have anything to compare to but everyone i spoke to said it was extremely quiet. Many excuses for why-the world economy, people just not interested in Bulgaria etc.
-Crown was quiet as expected but busier than i thought(At a total guess I'd say maybe 50 apts were being used)
-Weather was decent enough, one big down pour Sunday morning and night otherwise hot and sunny.
-Was surprised at the number of Russians there this year and chatting to people and reading articles, it looks like theyre starting to buy/holiday there so that could be the market we need to tap into for rentals!
-I still feel that the whole area around Crown needs some bars/restaurants(not those on site) within walking distance of the complex. some people are put off getting on a bus to go out for a night.
-Pleased theyve put the underpass in
-The cafe and shop on Crown are now open.
-Theyve got jet skis on the beach by Panorma, werent there last year.
-Had the usual fantastic food everywhere I ate (Condor in Sunny beach still my favourite), but also The Old Mill at Vlas marina.
-Taxi's charging between 25-30 lev from sunny beach to the apartments but i met 2 taxi drivers who were cheaper and happy to do a flat rate-i will put a seperate post with their numbers/prices.
-I thought in general everything was a little dearer than last year, partly due to the exchage rate and partly i think prices have slightly increased but still fantastic value for money compared to Spain/western europe.
-Fort Noks have started to charge for the sun loungers on the complex!!!!
-Finally signed my deeds-if anyone else is doing the same-allow some time!!! Got the usual crap from Legal Independance. They said itd be half an hour and after waiting for 3/4 hours without being offered a drink we finally got everything signed.

Overall though im still happy, just wish could get a few more rentals!

THink thats it for now, if you have any questions, just PM me.

Cheers

Dave.
littlebush

Re: Just got back

Postby kaykev1409 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:06 pm

FN was charging for sunbeds over at Marina View and Panoroma last year, I think this is the norm for them................!

Kay
kaykev1409

Postby georgemc » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:50 pm

Is it easy to get information about what is happening at Crown Fort
I am there in August

George
georgemc

Postby Ade66 » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:25 pm

Hi

My wife and I just got back from a 2 week break at our apartment - Our 19yr old son joined us for the second week, this is the first time we have stayed at the apartment. We all had a great time. Weather was fantastic (5 mins rain in total!), food was great.

Fort Noks are doing a great job in keeping the complex clean and tidy. Whatever minor problems we had with the apartment, they were put right that day or the day after. Well done! There was certainly enough people on the complex to create a holiday atmosphere, and great news that the bar/restaurant is now open, food is cheap and cheerful but very pleasant. The supermarket is also open.

The beach was busy, and Jet Ski's and peddle boats available for hire. We only used a taxi once, advisable to negotiate the price before the journey. Sunny Beach was busy, although not quite as busy as last year (our Son thoroughly enjoyed it, and can't wait to go back with his mates!). To eat and drink is about half the price of Spain, Portugal, Cyprus etc..

We also bought our apartments to rent, but other than family and friends, I cant really see it happening. I think we will all have to be more patient, and forget about the b*llsh*t told by MRI for rental. It is however an area with great potential, and is improving year after year.

Happy holdays everyone.

Ade & Caz :D
Ade66

Return to GRAND RESORT: Marina, Panorama, Imperial, Crown, Sea Fort