just back

just back

Postby banny » Mon Jun 02, 2008 7:15 pm

hi all
just returned from a weeks hols at panorama 2/6/08 so heres a quick update, complex is now open but quiet, shop full, cocktail bar opened last night, [ small bar with flat screen tv music, seating outside and at the bar] pools not all open and still need to be fully cleaned, started to plant and landscape, underpass 90% complete, mini bus in operation, plenty of taxis, weather was hot for 6 days and 1 thunder storm, new staff running restaurant, [very pleasant and helpful] all in all looking good for another year, back out in august hopefully a few more people
ps if i have not coverd anything you are intrested in please ask questions and i will reply if possible
cheers
banny
banny

Re: just back

Postby littlebush » Mon Jun 02, 2008 9:14 pm

thanks for the update, always good to hear from people whove been out.
im going myself (to Crown) end of next week.
Just 1 question-are the public buses running to/from Vlas and Sunny beach?
ok, make that 2 questions - is the underpass due to be complete soon (How long does it take Bulgarians to do the final 10%!?)

cheers
littlebush

Postby banny » Tue Jun 03, 2008 7:56 am

hi littlebush
yes the bus is running, when i was there they were adding the final touches to the underpass so to be honest i would think that this will be finished when you go out. i had a walk around crown when i was there and it was all looking good, they were finishing the planting and landscapeing, the pools were being cleaned, the pool with the slide was being tested. one thing i could not see was a shop or bar, maybe i missed them and you already know where these are? hope you have a safe journey and a great break and im sure you wont miss this weather in uk
cheers
banny
banny

Postby ASK » Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:55 pm

Banny,

Thanks for the update and glad you had a good time. Have a few questions - hope you don't mind?
We're off out to Panorama on 9th and a bit perturbed that not all the pools are clean and open - which are and which not?
Is the Cocktail Bar just doing drinks, or are they serving food too?
When you say the restaurant is being run by new staff, do you mean the waitresses are different (my other half'll be upset - had a soft spot for the little one!!)
Did you venture onto Marina? Is there restaurant open? What about there pools?

Sorry there's so many Qs - am just being impatient aren't I, will be able to find out in 6 days!

Alison
ASK

Postby banny » Wed Jun 04, 2008 9:54 am

hi alison
wish i was going back on the 9th but ive got to wait till august now anyway ill try to answer you questions,
the pools that were open were the big pool near the jaccuzi and the big pool near the restaurant on marina, but they were cleaning and filling all the other pools as we were coming away so i would think they would all be open by the 9th. the cocktail bar only opened the previous night before we came home and it did not look like it was serving food, the new staff at the restaurant are completely new to me [not seen them before on my previous visits] the restaurant on marina was open.
hope you have a great time
cheers
banny
banny

Postby ASK » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:28 am

Thanks for the reply Banny.

Can't wait - will think of you whilst sitting with a cold beer looking out to sea!! You can get me back in August (thou we are hoping to go out then too!)

Alison
ASK

Postby banny » Tue Aug 19, 2008 4:48 pm

hi all
just returned from two week break and must say i am very pleased with what i saw, it was very busy, cocktail bar showed football.restaurants were full, pools were full, it seems as though people are finally coming onto our complex which can only be good for future rentals. only one minor complaint that there were far to many broken sun beds if FN want to charge for these sun beds then please keep up with maintaining them.
cheers
banny
banny

Postby ASK » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:52 pm

Hi Banny,

Glad that you had a great time and that you're happy with the way things are progressing.

Were there any Brits there, or was it mainly foreigners? I believe Panorama/Marina is very popular with Russians, Polish and Bulgarians, but just wondered if you'd noticed what kind of split was going on. It certainly sounds like things are going in the right direction - people on-site create atmosphere encouraging more people to come - can only be good news as far as rentals are concerned (although was a little concerned at one rental rate I have been quoted this year by a management company for high season - not worth the wear & tear on the furniture!!)

Are FN still being vigilant about collecting sunbed money? They were when we were there in June and even then there were quite a lot of broken sunbeds (just thought they had not got round to replacing them from last season, but sounds like things may be worse now). I don't mind paying for using the sunbeds - if there was no charge, the cost would only be included in maintenance charges - but I think it's wrong if you are being charged to use a broken sunbed.

But, the burning question is did you leave us any beer - only 10 days to go now!!!! :lol: (Sorry, that's really mean when you're probably suffering from post-holiday blues, especially with the weather that you've come to!!)

Thanks for the update,

Alison
ASK

Postby purkyuk » Wed Aug 20, 2008 2:28 pm

Hi Banny / Alison,
have you got any pictures of the cocktail bar? i would be interested in seeing it...
You can upload pic'z when you send a post.
As for sunbeds i think FN should allow us owners privilege to use them free of charge, they can't be making any money from it anyway, people just move their towels onto the floor then once the 'money collector' goes away they just get back on them... :roll:
purkyuk

Postby ASK » Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:54 pm

Hi Purky,

Sorry, not got any pics of cocktail bar - will try to remember to take some when I go at the end of the month if nobody else manages to post any.

Alison
ASK

Postby banny » Wed Aug 20, 2008 7:22 pm

hi ask /alison
there seemed to be a majority of bulgarian guests, but was also alot of russians, as for polish i am not sure? there were plenty of brits around namely around the cocktail bar when football was on. as for the sunbeds this is the first time i have noticed so many broken but they are still keen to collect the money.
as for leaving you any beer i tried my hardest not to leave any [as my head told me most mornings] but did not manage to drink the place dry this time.
i hope you have a great time in ten days
got to go now as i can feel myself turning green with envy
cheers
banny
banny

Return to GRAND RESORT: Marina, Panorama, Imperial, Crown, Sea Fort