MRI Furniture Packages

MRI Furniture Packages

Postby Ade66 » Fri Jul 20, 2007 3:39 pm

Hi there

Just got back from a 4 day visit to Crown Fort to check on my apartment. Has anybody bought their furniture pack through MRI? I am thinkin of it, but they are expensive compared to Fort Noks. However they are saying that if you want to rent it to the main tour companies it has to satisy a HEALTH & SAFETY INSPECTION es explained below SORRY its long. Do you know if it is genuine or just a ploy to get more money out of us?!
Look forward to hearing from you.....

"MRI have invested in new software which the major travel companies and airlines in Europe and USA use to distribute their product, examples of these are Lastminute.com, Expedia, Easyjet and Travelsupermarket.

We will be using major advertising channels the rental products (tv, press, search engines etc)

We will not be advertising individual properties, we will be promoting entire developments and allocating accommodation in the same way as happens in a hotel for example.

The website will be interactive for owners and the sooner you are rental ready the better positioned you will be on the website, however before we can start allocating rental clients to individual apartments we need to know that ANY apartments we are allocating clients into fully comply to the strictest health and safety and European regulations. We need to provide them with service guarantees, this is why the furniture and all accessories need to be acceptable industry wide and standardised in all countries.

We have a rental suite at the disposition of the contract managers of these companies to show them the exact specifications of our rental package. This is due to health and safety checks required as we are governed by European regulations.
As a result of an EC Directive, since 1993 all UK tour operators offering package holidays have been subject to the Package Travel Regulations. Although the legal definition of a package is complex most people understand what is normally meant by this term.

The two principal sections of the Regulations provide financial protection for prepayments and require tour operators to provide what is promised.

Amongst items covered are:

A direct responsibility placed on tour operators for the safety of their customers. Tour operators are legally responsible for the components of the package - coach transfers, hotels etc, if negligence is proved. They cannot avoid responsibility by attributing it to their sub-contractors. UK customers can sue operators in UK courts and no longer have to pursue action against contractors in overseas courts.

Prohibition of inaccurate brochure descriptions with penalties for non-compliance.

Prohibition of last minute surcharges. Surcharges under two per cent of the package price cannot be levied at all.

Legal remedies if necessary, in the form of holidaymaker compensation
Whilst we are happy to market ANY properties for rental, before we can do this for clients purchasing packages from a third party, for the reasons given above, the owners need to arrange, at their own expense to have their own apartment inspected and certified to ensure conformity. It will most likely not be possible to arrange this until such time as properties being furnished by a third party have been fully completed and kitted out and the inspectors are available to make a return visit.

We will be investing in resort to provide services for the volume of rentals and increasing our property management staff. We will have a team specifically dedicated to rentals in Headquarters for any queries you may have.

No other real estate or furniture pack company will be able to provide you with this complete service.

Health and Safety Check - Breakdown of the costs (included in the price of MRI Rental Ready Packages)

Environmental Check 143,55 ?
Final Pre Inspection 253,75 ?
Health and Safety Inspection 2.175,00 ?
Non Conformity Snagging (not including replacement/maintenance) 362,50 ?
Re-visit Conformity snagging 1.087,50 ?
3 Month health and safety revision 362,50 ?
Annual Inspection 652,50 ?
Ade66

Postby Annette & Gordon » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:33 pm

Good God :shock: . So, if I've calculated this correctly, a complete annual Health & Safety check with MRI costs 5,037 EUR which equates to £3,390! I think its definately a ploy.

We've just returned from a week staying in our new apartment in Crown where we had ordered the bedroom furniture package from Fort Noks and the kitchen and living/dining room furniture from Furniture Shop Varna. Both packages are of an excellent quality and we are very pleased with the outcome. If you need any more info, don't hesitate to get in touch.
Annette & Gordon
Annette & Gordon

Postby Ade66 » Mon Jul 23, 2007 3:30 pm

Hi

Thanks for the reply. Are you planning to try to rent out your apartment or is it just for you own/friends use? MRI are trying to say that if you want to rent it out to a Tour Operator, you needd to have this Health and Safety certicate. I think I will ask them for faxed proof from the tour companies that this is what they insist on.

I have also seen the Fort Noks package and thought it was more than adequate.

Glad you enjoyed your stay!
Ade66

Re: MRI Furniture Packages

Postby SpudHead » Fri Jun 13, 2008 2:59 pm

a
SpudHead

Postby cartrans » Tue Jun 17, 2008 7:59 pm

We got all our furniture from Helios Furniture Shop in Pomorie.

We are very happy with it and we thought a very good price.

They have a website, just search Helios Pomorie, although I can't see any prices on there.

PM me if you want to know what we paid.

We don't rent out through agencies though, so can't help with the info on the certificate.

Regards
cartrans

Postby cainy » Wed Jun 18, 2008 12:22 am

MRI have got a very bad name for ripping people off saying u had a guarenteed rental on ur apartment if u purchased it through i bet all these tour operaters and airlines have never heard of them i didnt buy off them but a lot of people who did ara very unhappy with them so be warned.
cainy

Postby kaykev1409 » Wed Jun 18, 2008 6:09 pm

I totally agree, we purchased ours through MRI, and had a very bad experience, tried to complain numerous times, letters, faxes emails etc, but to no avail................

I would never reccomend them to anybody, and I know a few peole who have already experienced their 'charms' and thought the same as us......

Just have to put it down to a learning experience, and make sure that everything is in writing from these big companies.

Kay
kaykev1409

Postby littlebush » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:10 pm

MRI are the biggest bunch of liers on this earth, do not trust them, cut all ties with them!!!!
I have.
I used Fort Noks for furnishing and im very happy with it but if you have time theres plenty of other companies out there to assist.
littlebush

Postby Ade66 » Thu Jun 19, 2008 2:17 pm

Thanks for your replies, its comforting to know that other people also the same mistrust of MRI!
I decided to get our apartment furnished with Fort Noks, which should be ready this Friday, for our 2 week holiday starting next week.

If any of you are around Crown Fort over the next 2 weeks, it would be good to meet for a drink and a chat!
Ade66

Postby SpudHead » Thu Jun 19, 2008 4:06 pm

i would advise sawoneservices.com
they did a great job of my kitchen.
SpudHead

Return to GRAND RESORT: Marina, Panorama, Imperial, Crown, Sea Fort