Lack of atmosphere and entertainment

awkward steps

Postby Bernard » Fri Mar 02, 2007 2:45 pm

I visited last august and have to agree that for disabled or very young or elderly, those steps would prove a challenge. It would be appreciated if Fort Noks could look again at this problem...it wouldn't take a lot to put it right :D
Bernard
Bernard

Postby HeatherR » Sat Mar 03, 2007 3:24 pm

Hi all

I fully agree that the steps down to the beach are very uneven and you need to be very sure footed to gain acces to the beach.

My father in law only managed to go to the beach once as the path proved too difficult for him.

Come on Fort Noks please try to make the steps a little easier to negotiate

Heather
HeatherR

Postby panorama » Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:01 pm

Hi There,
With regards to the steps I think it is incredible that Fort Noks have not insisted that they should be demolished and built again properly with everybody from young to old and disabled people being considered. Panorama Fort looks very impressive and then something as shoddy and unsafe as these are built (if that is the word) just around the corner. After all we are all getting older and maybe less active etc and we ourselves may struggle in years to come. Come on FN move with the times and be a socially responsible company and consider old and disabled people when it comes to beach access. You have insisted that all the steps on the complex have been constructed safely and to a high standard so why not continue the high standard and build the steps down to the beach in the same manner. I sincerely hope that you give those steps some serious consideration and wheelchair access should also be fitted, because this could also be used by families with buggies and prams etc.
Cheers.
panorama

Postby yorkie » Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:09 pm

Totally agree with all the comments regards the lack of consideration for the safety of everyone, not only the old, disabled and families with young children.

It appears that these steps are the nearest, if not only beach access for residents of Marina View, Imperial and Crown Fort as well as Panorama. With the occupants of approximately 2000 apartments using these unsafe steps, Fort Noks must take this matter seriously.
yorkie

Postby admin » Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:05 am

Dear Clients,

Fort Noks ltd. confirms hereby that the steps from Panorama Fort Beach to the beach are being secured at the moment. This will be settled down before the summer season starts.

Regards,
ADMIN
admin
Site Admin

Postby panorama » Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:57 am

Hi Admin at Fort Noks,
I for one am delighted that you are sorting out the steps so quickly and I am sure a lot more people will also be very pleased. Are Fort Noks building a completely new set of steps which are flat under foot and not use pebbles which are uneven and slippy when wet? Will people with disabled members in their family be able to gain access to the beach using these steps? Each time we go to PFB from now on we will be taking a person that is totally dependant on a wheelchair and it would be such a shame if we could not get her down to the beach. If the job is done properly with everybody's needs taken into consideration this would be very much appreciated by all that will be using them in the future. Yorkie made a very good point in that these are the only steps that will serve all the people who come to visit Grand Resort. Not only do we want them to serve everybody's needs we also want them to look as good as the Grand Resort itself. Thank you FN.
Cheers.
panorama

Beach Steps

Postby Bernard » Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:32 pm

Dear Admin,
I appreciate your rapid and sensible response to the steps problem :D

Bernard
Bernard
Bernard

Postby panorama » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:20 pm

Hi Admin,
Have the old steps that lead down to the beach been demolished? and are a totally new set of steps being put in their place? What is actually happening with regards to beach access.
Cheers.
panorama

Postby admin » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:20 pm

Dear all,
The steps are being supplied with parapets for providing a safe access to the beach. The beach line infront of the complex is not owned by Fort Noks. It is remised under concession by the municipality to an other company. Therefore there is not much space for making huge changes. Any improvements are legal right only of the company concessionaire. Unfortunately this also considers the access for disabled people. At the moment the easiest access for them is the one next to Messambria Fort Beach.

Regards,
ADMIN
admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to GRAND RESORT: Marina, Panorama, Imperial, Crown, Sea Fort