Buss service and on site entertainment

Postby panorama » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:52 pm

Hi, I have just remembered another episode on the dreaded bus. On one trip I paid the conductress with a 20 lev note for me and my wife to travel from PFB into Sunny Beach. The conductress gave me no bus tickets and said that she had no change and promised to return to me with my change once she had it. The bus as normal was jammed to the rafters and I couldn't get to her. When she finally returned she asked me for my ticket and because I could not produce one she demanded more money. I argued with her and stayed on the bus but she refused point blank to give me a ticket and my change. She pretended that she could not understand me. I know it's not a lot of money but I hate being taken for a fool. Lets hope we get our own bus service.
Cheers.
panorama

Postby jackie » Wed Jan 24, 2007 1:22 pm

great idea for regular bus service , again like many of you when i was out in privilege last year the only way i could get around was by taxi and this does add up , i will be heading out in the summer to privilege with my family and i don't think after reading the stories about the local buses that i would want to use these ,this would mean that we would have no choice but to go with getting taxi's, so you can count me in for a regular bus service for owners and family's.
JACKIE
jackie

Bus service and entertainment

Postby Mark » Wed Jan 24, 2007 5:42 pm

Hi folks,

Julia did reply to my email and said I was not the only one with these views and for Panorama and Marina this was the first summer and they will try to improve their transport services for the next tourist season. However I will believe it when I see it. The same goes for the Irish Bar etc.

I think any bus service whoever does it can only be a good thing, but collecting money off everyone would be very hard to implement for the earlier owners idea. All Fort Knoks would have to do is hire a bus or two and have them running continuously. It would be a great improvement and service.

When we where there last year the manager took us on a guided tour of the complex and showed us where bars etc would be he talked about trying to keep people on the complex instead of going to Sunny Beach. He mentioned a small beach bar near the front also the infamous Irish Bar and even talked about putting in one of the basements a late bar if people wanted it. I personally think the more the better because if I was a tourist and stayed there last year I would have been very unhappy. The complex was dead with no atmosphere and I had a few early nights when I stayed on the complex, and I didn’t want them. I found myself wanting to go to another complex further down the road because we could here them having a good time.

Although they seem to talk a good plan, putting it in place is another thing. The new bar problems are down to the same person owns them all, so does not want to open another one (e.g. The Irish Bar) until the first one is permanently full. We were holding back renting out our apartment, until it became a bit more livelier so as not to disappoint friends and relatives. However until lots of people go there they wont open the other the bars. So it is a catch 22 situation.

I personally think, the only way to get new services or things changed is by sheer weight of opinion. If everyone lets their views be known to them, they through popular demand will have to look at them. Everyone should send Julia an email to let her know our opinions.
Mark

Postby panorama » Wed Jan 24, 2007 6:38 pm

HI ALL,
WE HAD A FAMILY MEMBER STAY AT ONE OF OUR APTS LAST YEAR AND SHE WENT WITH THE INTENTION OF LOOKING AROUND PFB AND POSSIBLY BUYING AN APARTMENT THERE. AT THE END OF HER HOLIDAY SHE SAID THAT SHE WOULD NOT CONSIDER BUYING THERE, SHE SAID THERE WAS PROBABLY MORE LIFE ON THE MOON!!! SHE HAS ALSO REFUSED ANOTHER FREE HOLIDAY THERE THIS YEAR SAYING THAT SHE WOULD PREFER TO PAY AND STAY IN SUNNY BEACH. WE FELT QUITE BAD ABOUT HER COMMENTS AT FIRST, BUT TO BE HONEST SHE HAS GOT A VALID POINT. FORT NOKS HAVE BUILT US A NICE COMPLEX AND THAT IS ABOUT ALL THEY HAVE DONE. THERE IS NOTHING WITH REGARDS TO BARS/RESTAURANTS THAT WANTS ME TO STAY THERE TO EAT OF AN EVENING. IF THERE ARE NO GREAT IMPROVEMENTS WITHIN THE NEXT 12 MONTHS OR SO I THINK WE WILL SERIOUSLY CONSIDER SELLING UP. WE FEEL TOTALLY LET DOWN BY FORT NOKS. I THINK IT WOULD BE NICE IF A MEMBER OF FORT NOKS MANAGEMENT TEAM COULD INFORM US ON THIS FORUM OR ON THEIR NEWS PAGE AS TO WHAT CHANGES WILL HAPPEN THIS YEAR (IF ANYTHING). IF WE WERE INFORMED WE MAY LOOK FORWARD TO OUR HOLIDAYS A BIT MORE THIS YEAR.
CHEERS.
panorama

Postby Di and Sean » Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:20 am

hi all ,it seems that i have found a seller of used buses,lhd,the costs of are reasonable, my only concern [major]will be insurance,,, .then fort noks ,i still believe this can work //but i am not sure how many apts are actually sold . also if we get green light can we actualy start that kind of buisness ,,once again help please........
Di and Sean

Postby panorama » Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:11 pm

Hi Di & Sean,
Good work you guys are doing at the moment and please keep it up. It was nice to see that Fort Noks have replied to our plight, but I still think it is expensive to use taxis if you are travelling alone. I think a bus is definitely the best option because it is massively cheaper and it can also cater for a lot more people. It says that the taxis have a reduced rate for FN owners does this also include guests and clients if you intend renting? You mention that you didn't know how many apartments had been sold, are you thinking of how many people you could approach for payments? Have you considered not charging a one-off payment and charge for each trip, if you charged the same rate as the local bus I bet you would probably make as much if not more,and could probably simplify the collection of cash. We would certainly pay the same rate as the local bus if we knew that we could travel in more comfort without pickpockets targeting us. I am sorry I can't help with any advice on insurance etc but I really do appreciate what you are doing. Hopefully more people will write letters of support for you on this forum.
Cheers.
panorama

Postby Di and Sean » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:11 pm

amazing how the taxis can drop their prices so quick ,,i would have thought the shuttle service would have been a winner;;;it seems to me that their are drops going some where else .;.;i will continue with what we have started and hope next time is does not fall on deaf ears.how much would a taxi cost from privee 2 panorama at night ,with kids ,in the rain.
Di and Sean

Postby Di and Sean » Fri Jan 26, 2007 8:20 pm

ps whilst im avin a bit of a moan ,could the taxi service guarentee that their will b taxis readely available when down in st vlas their are 3000 people getting of a cruise ship twice a week ....shuttle bus is required ...taxis had their chance but for us they blew it..
Di and Sean

Postby jr » Sun Jan 28, 2007 3:15 pm

Hi Everyone
I too support all the ideas raised and am happy to get involved.It is up to us as owners to make sure Panorama Fort is a success. We could do with getting a Owners Commitee formed then we can approach Fort Noks as a group not just individually this way hopefully they will take our points more seriously. Does any one agree and if so has anyone got any suggestions for the best way to go about this?
Best Regards JR
jr

Postby Yvonne5676 » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:49 pm

Di and Sean,
You have my full support on the bus issue, especially as i would only get taxi's whilst out at Panorama on my own, which will be the case this summer. Thanks for people like yourselves.

What about if all us owners put the money together to actually buy a bus of our own, how about a vote/poll?

I would surely put my money in the pot!
Yvonne
Yvonne5676

Postby Di and Sean » Sun Jan 28, 2007 11:10 pm

hi all the venture regards the shuttle service ,the wheels are still in motion ,,alot more involved than i thought ,although success in alot of areas,it is the solution to many of the problems that are on the site ,,,,for my wife and i we would use it often as for others we think u would 2 ,,,please bare with us,,
Di and Sean

Postby panorama » Wed Jan 31, 2007 12:16 pm

Excellent news folks. I have just received a very nice e-mail from Julia (Fort Noks) with regards to a bus service. She has just replied to me stating that Fort Noks will be very kindly laying on a bus service from complexes into Sunny Beach. This information is hot off the press and no doubt we will get more info in the weeks to come. Sorry if this is bad news for you Sean & Di but one way or another it is great news for all us owners (yourselves included). It is nice to know that Fort Noks have considered our concerns and that they have addressed them in the best possible way that they could have. I have wrote back to Julia saying that a lot of people will be very happy. It might be nice if a few more people replied and said thank and you never know we may see even more improvements in the future.
Cheers.
panorama

Postby Di and Sean » Wed Jan 31, 2007 7:29 pm

Well this is great news, hope it all comes off. Thanks to everyone who responded, well done Mark for kick starting it all. It is very nice and welcoming to see FN taking an interest in the owners comments and suggestions. This can only be very good for everyone involved.

Next topic..............

Entertainment and a good restaurant. I am a good cook and Sean is a dab hand on the kareoke !!!!!!! JOKING
Di and Sean

Postby Di and Sean » Thu Feb 01, 2007 9:29 pm

well done mark,you have had more hits than boris [the ones that we know ov],,,,,,,,look forward for the happeeeeeeeee bus,,
Di and Sean

Postby panorama » Mon Feb 12, 2007 7:42 pm

Hi There,
With regards to the bus service has anybody seen or heard of anything official from Fort Noks? I received an e-mail from Julia on 31-01-07 stating that FN will be laying on a bus service from complexes, but I have not seen anything personally on their web site. Has anybody else seen anything? I would like to know when the service will be running this year?, if it will be a free service? etc. Does anybody else have any points that they would like to raise with regards to the bus service?
Cheers.
panorama

PreviousNext

Return to GRAND RESORT: Marina, Panorama, Imperial, Crown, Sea Fort