Buss service and on site entertainment

Buss service and on site entertainment

Postby Mark » Sun Jan 21, 2007 1:29 pm

I have sent Julia the following e-mail:

I have read in a forum on Panorama Fort that someone suggested a Fort Noks bus service. I think this is an excellent idea and an absolute must. One of the main reasons people choose to go to Bulgaria is because it is cheaper than most other destinations. However when we where at Panorama the taxis were not cheap and some days we found ourselves getting up to four taxis a day which made the cost of the holiday considerably more expensive.

The reasons we used taxis where because of the overcrowded buses and risk of pick pocketing on them. Also they were not very reliable and we would often wait for one only to find out we had missed it. Until the Panorama complex can compete with Sunny Beach for bars, restaurants and entertainment people will want to go to Sunny Beach most days and nights.

I think for us to successfully rent out our apartment and in turn for Fort Noks be successful hosts two main problems need to be resolved

(1) Panorama needs to compete with Sunny Beach with entertainment eg give people a reason to stay on the complex instead of going to Sunny Beach day and night. British tourists love to drink socialize and be entertained and at the moment Sunny Beach is the only place for that.

(2) At the moment people feel the need to go to Sunny Beach and by bus the service is unreliable, overcrowded and sometimes dangerous with pickpockets. The taxis also are far too expensive to be getting every day. A Fort Noks bus service would benefit because pick ups would be on time because it would have less stops. It would be safer with only guests as passengers. It would enable guests to try out different Fort Noks complexes in turn enjoying there stay more and wanting to come back.

[b]Does anyone else agree?[/b][b][/b]
Mark

bus service

Postby banny » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:09 pm

hi mark
great idea bus service and spot on about entertaiment on site. i went out lst august and spent a small fortune on taxis. i would stay on site more evenings if there were more entertainment. the promised irish bar would have been a great gathering place im sure. going out later this year and am hoeing more things have been installed on the entertaiment side
cheers
banny
banny

Postby leigh & andrea » Sun Jan 21, 2007 6:19 pm

This topic has been discussed on the fort noks owners own site a number of times and we at Privilege Fort Beach have tried to push this topic with Fort Noks with little success so far.
If we all, as owners start putting this forward again we may get somewhere.

www.fn-owners.co.uk
leigh & andrea

Postby panorama » Sun Jan 21, 2007 8:50 pm

Hi fellow owners,
It was me (I think) that initially raised the problems about the local bus and the service that is provided. I mentioned on Bulgariasun forum about bus journeys from PFB into Sunny Beach and the return journey. I won't go into detail to much again because you can read up on Bulgariasun forum but pick pocketing is rife on the busses and don't rely on any help from the conductresses or drivers. On the same bus journey from PFB into Sunny Beach both my father and son had their wallets lifted within minutes of each other. My son lost £180's worth of euros but luckily with help from some friends who have also bought at PFB my father got his wallet back intact. Our last holiday in September my sister in law caught a gypsy girl with her hand in her bag and luckily nothing was taken. I spent almost 2 days with my son back and to to the police station and what a waste of time that was. We must collectively put pressure on Fort Noks to consider providing a courtesy bus for us and our familys to travel safely on whilst travelling back and to from Sunny Beach/Nessebar. Every time we waited for a bus when it arrived it was a fight to barge on to the damn thing. I contacted Fort Noks with my concerns and they said that they knew of the problems with pick pockets on the busses and the over crowding and they are looking to address the problem this year.Friends and family that have used my apts dreaded the bus journey and were also very disappointed with the lack of atmosphere at the complex. I think its time more people posted their requests of changes and improvements that they would like to see at our potentially wonderful complex. Lets get writing.
Cheers.
panorama

Postby Di and Sean » Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:35 pm

as a buisness venture to fort noks owners ,it would be very good to club together all the owners in all of the complexes approx 2500 ,all to pay ten pound sterling each for the season. This would be enough to hire two coaches and employ 4 drivers, this would include day trips to sunny beach, Nessebar, Ravda, Elinite and airport runs. This would save us all vast amounts of money and guarantee us safety on the said transport.
Di and Sean

Postby Di and Sean » Mon Jan 22, 2007 8:32 am

if the general sense of opion is the same for all the complexs,and people would use a service regular ,then i would look into this further as a buisness venture myself ,but would have to go through correct channels ,ie fort noks .if fort noks agree ,then i think it could work,,,
Di and Sean

Postby panorama » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:52 am

Hi Di & Sean,
What a wonderful idea and wouldn't it be fantastic if your idea came off. I myself would be more than willing to pay £10 for such a valuable service. Just imagine travelling in comfort (getting a seat) with only fellow buyers or their family/friends and not a pick pocket in sight. We would be the envy of all the other complexes and this would potentially boost bookings for owners that are looking to let their apts. If like me you agree with Di & Seans idea PLEASE post a reply and let Fort Noks know how strong we feel about this subject. If we don't write posts and supprt them on this forum then we will probably be still complaining about packed busses and pickpockets next year. People may also lose potential on lettings. May the force be with us!!!
Cheers.
panorama

Postby vstride » Mon Jan 22, 2007 7:27 pm

Excellent idea re the bus service. I cannot think of anyone not willing to pay £10 for the season but I dont know how easy it is for people to pay this small amount without having to do a bank transfer. Any ideas???
vstride

Postby panorama » Mon Jan 22, 2007 9:32 pm

Hi Mark,
You said that you sent Julia an e-mail, has she replied and shed any light on the topic?
Cheers.
panorama

Postby enigma » Tue Jan 23, 2007 11:52 am

Fortnoks should provide the service and include the nominal charge as an addition to the yearly maintenance charge. That would simplify everything.
enigma

Postby gill1962 » Tue Jan 23, 2007 12:15 pm

Great idea, the private bus. We would be happy paying a fee for this sevice. Hope you can pull it off
gill1962

Postby panorama » Tue Jan 23, 2007 6:47 pm

I agree with enigma this problem should have been in place already and set up by Fort Noks themselves. If Fort Noks are not willing to address the problem then I think we should give Di & Sean our full support and get behind them. After all it would be a fantastic service if it were to come off.
Cheers.
panorama

bus......

Postby Di and Sean » Tue Jan 23, 2007 8:24 pm

i agree with the general census that fort noks should provide this service,,but however this is not the case .for my wife and i we are not letting our apt ,but for people[owners/investors ]whom i presume need to let their apts this would be a good service.my problems will be fort noks,rolling stock,insurance..any info on the latter 3 would be of great help.....thanks for support....
Di and Sean

Bus service

Postby DianeAndIan » Tue Jan 23, 2007 9:59 pm

We have an apartment on Privilege and agree with everyone about the bus service. The buses are too packed and do not run regularly. Because there is not any entertainment on site you have to venture out and therefore taxis work out quite expensive. I think a lot of people on Privilege will be behind you.

Diane and Ian
DianeAndIan

bus service

Postby banny » Tue Jan 23, 2007 10:59 pm

hi all
count me in i think the idea of a regular and helpful bus service is a winner when do you want my money
banny
banny

Next

Return to GRAND RESORT: Marina, Panorama, Imperial, Crown, Sea Fort