2009 Facilities

2009 Facilities

Postby wblann » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:44 pm

Hi. We will be making our first visit at end of May 2009 .... I have been reading the posts on this forum for the last year and feel I need to set myself low expectations on what I will find! The impression I get is that the road is a nightmare and most of the facilities are not yet available.

If anyone can give me any updates on what the status is likely to be by May 23rd it would be helpful.

Also, are we likely to be able to get around easily without a car? - we are only there 4 days, but would like to get a feel for the local area.

For those that have got their title deeds - do FN come an pick you up to do this or do you need to find your way to their offices?

Any info appreciated ... or if anyone else is around at that time, that would also be good to know

Thanks
Wendy
Wendy Blann
wblann

Re: 2009 Facilities

Postby SpudHead » Tue Apr 21, 2009 8:53 pm

you will have the sun, the sea and the cheap food and drink.........

i went in to nessebar old town to get the deeds.....fortnoks took me there and then took me back to golden fort afterwards.

you cant pick up the deeds until about 10 days after you sign them...by which time you will be home so you will need to either pick them up next time you are out there....or get them to post them to you.

you have to sign about 10 copies of the deeds, you will get one and the other 9 go to the council.

taxis are quite cheap and st vlas is worth a visit.....we went to st vlas and liked it so decided to stay a few nights.....the hotel was right on the beach and was really nice.....it only cost about £20 per night for a double room with breakfast. cant remember the name of the hotel though.

you can cover most of sunny beach on foot.

the road is quite bad but you just have to have the patience to wait for a clear bit before you cross. its best to cross near the aquapark i think.

if you get a taxi back to the complex....just tell them to go to the aquapark...they all seem to know where that is.

have a nice time.
SpudHead

Postby bgordon88 » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:19 am

I would hire a car for just 1 day to get to know the area.
You could drive to nessebar/old nessebar rather than taking the bus and you could even try out Bourgas.
There's not that much on the roads so it is nicer than driving here.
bgordon88

Postby finbarrk » Wed Apr 22, 2009 2:48 pm

Well at least you are going out with low expectations so things wont be that bad when you arrive! They are supposed to be putting on a bus in and out of town but it mightn't be there in May. You could walk to the Fortnoks offices to sign the papers, it's about a 15 min walk. They will drive you to Nessebar for further signing. The whole process will take a couple of hours.
I havwe been ther a few times and haven't hired a car yet. Walking in town is ok too.
finbarrk

Postby SpudHead » Wed Apr 22, 2009 3:35 pm

i just hope that no potential buyers read this forum....its enough to put anyone off buying.
SpudHead

Postby perrym » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:22 pm

Hi

you may have a point about new buyers, I think if I had seen all this prior to purchase I would have not bothered at all, but I suppose its too late now.

:roll:
perrym

Postby greg » Wed Apr 22, 2009 6:13 pm

Hi i have had one or two enquiries about renting my apartment recently, and they have asked for photos , etc.
After they had done some home work and looked on the internet, ie the forum it has put them off
greg

Postby tiancindy » Wed Apr 22, 2009 7:23 pm

Never mind potential buyers seeing this forum, lets just hope they dont go on eye on worldwide hey spudhead. :(
tiancindy

Postby SpudHead » Wed Apr 22, 2009 8:40 pm

yeah....I cant believe some people.....they say they want to sell their apartments and they think that the way to go about that is by posting hundreds of damning comments about it on forums like this and eyeonworldwide. Potential buyers are sure to be put off!!!!

The irony is that there is actually nothing wrong with the complex and the apartments....ok theres a few missing facilities but these should come in time....but noone is focusing on the good points....ie sun, sea, nice cheap food and drink, nice athmosphere, entertainment....everything you want out of a holiday at a reasonable price.

If you keep filling the internet with lots of negatives, what makes you think anyone will buy your apartment?

We should all be "bigging it up" as much as possible.

I have a buyer for my apartment anyway so I dont know why I'm bothering. over and out
SpudHead

Postby Charlie&Elaine » Wed Apr 22, 2009 9:44 pm

Hi :D
We agree with your comments Spudhead, The complex is great and improving all the time {the Bulgarian way not the British way), the staff are pleasent and helpfull. The road can be a bit of pain, just need to wait a bit till its clear & carry a torch at night, We also feel safe walking about Sunny Beach at night.
So lets have some good feed backs as well as the problems
Charlie & Elaine :D :D
Charlie & Elaine
Charlie&Elaine

Postby Westpark » Thu Apr 23, 2009 5:13 pm

Hi,
We also support the comments made by Spudhead and Charlie and Elaine.
We are more than happy with our apt, and have no regrets.The complex is well maintained,the grounds
kept clean.The staff are always helpful.The complex is central and is walking distance into the centre.
Westpark

Postby Di & Sean » Thu Apr 23, 2009 7:35 pm

as regards talking down the complex,i met alot of very happy people in the last year on this complex and bookings are very good and i really do think that in two years nfc and hgc will be buzzing.people whom have negatives[with some reason]should ,in my view pm the relevant people concerned.i met an fn owner on the beach at weekend ,and she replied that she has not read forums for two years because of the negs...as somebody that lives here in bg and i do alot of work in sunny beach ,their are alot of owners really peed off,and their not on a fort noks complex.
Sean
Di & Sean

Postby ptoner » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:58 pm

Hi,

I totally agree with you Di - there are far too many negative comments raised on the forum, the are many many more positive experiences and views which people do not air on the forum. Its so much easier to post an update when things are going bad, but people are not inclined to post messages about positives experiences.

I personally think we are very fortunate having purchasing in a FN complex, and I firmly believe my choice in NFC was a good one. It was a bold step purchasing a property abroad, but for those that can persist and are in it for the medium / long term they will realise they made a good choice.

I say well done Fort Noks for deliverying a great complex, my family and I personally can't wait to come back and visit this summer.

I have personally found the Fort Noks staff and management team very accomodating.

I also have issues with a few things like charging for sun beds , pool table, and other facility ammenities. Over time these hopefully will come to a amicable agreement.

In terms of road crossing and safety, its very obvious this is now outside of FN's control and the local munical laws and rules have to be followed before progress is made. I shall be following up on this with management team when I am over this summer and if we can give any strength in numbers perhaps we all should sign a petition to expediate the approval.

Here's to a GREAT summer for those that can make it over 8)

Paddy
ptoner

Postby mishka05 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:00 am

Hi

I would also like to add my support for Fort Noks. I appreciate that there are people who have concerns and I in no way wish to dismiss these as they are very real and understandable as we as owners have invested alot of money in our appts prior to the present dire worldwide financial situation (which none of us could have predicted at the time of our purchases), and like myself people are desperately trying to hold onto our investment, so it is important that everything that can be done to promote the complex to encourage rentals is completely neccessary.

I would just like to say that after speaking to friends that live and work in Sunny beach (for the last 4 yrs) I am so so grateful that I invested with FN. The horror stories that they have told me convinces me more.
My friends do property management for people who own properties on other complexes, they also do airport runs so have been on many of FN complexes and they say that FN are one of the best. For instance they have a couple who own an appt and all the owners pay a maintenance fee to an independant company who has taken the money and not payed any of the electric or water bills so the supply to the appts has been disconnected !! so they are left with an appt they cannot use/rent out, also they payed the company to furnish it (which they did) but when my freinds went in to get it ready for them the furniture had been removed.
There are also people who pay maintenence fees for the upkeep of their complex and the company have'nt even cut the grass, so people are having to cut it themselves in order to be able to sit outside, and this is not just that the grass has'nt been cut for a few weeks - it has never been cut so it is like a jungle.

These are just a couple of many many incidents. If you compare these to what we actually have with FN there simply is no doubt that the service that Fort Noks offer is excellent.

I am aware that for the people who have yet to visit NFC it is difficult to appreciate what the complex offers even though as yet not every facility is up and running, what is available is very good.
All the staff from management to maintenance are very efficient and very friendly.
The snack bar offers an excellent range of food at very reasonable prices, and last years staff were a lovely,hardworking team.
The grocery shop was always well stocked, opened long hours and offered very competitive prices.
The pools and all comunal areas were well maintained and cleaned every day.
While I was there in Aug we had some really strong winds(which were very scary and kept me awake all night), but the very next morning there was an impressive amount of staff going round checking for any damage and doing repairs. There was even one chap checking for any loose paving slabs and doing immediate repairs. On our last day, there was a painter in our block painting any scuff marks on the walls in the hallways.
I found the office staff to be very courteous and very helpful and always willing to help and offer advice.

I know that not everything that is stated in the sales bumph is not yet available, but what is availabe is of a very good standard, this has not put off any of the guests who stayed in my appt last year and I have already got repeat bookings for this year.

Yes there are still other issues that need to be addressed the biggest one for me being the lack of safe crossing and street lighting. My personal feelings on this would be to work with FN at looking to see if there was any way we as appt owners/investers in Sunny Beach could add any strength to FN's planning application to hopefully push it forwards. I am aware that I may be being naive, but I would not consider non payment of maintenance fee's to be a solution.

jules D7
mishka05

Postby BWFC » Fri Apr 24, 2009 3:11 am

ptoner - what planet are you on you dont build a 800 apartment complex and leave in the mess fortnoks have left it outside they should of put footpaths lighting zebra crossings in before they even built the complex. then they have the nerve to say its upto nessebar council. i would like fortnoks to explain to me what purpose does a plant hire shop serve our complex. or do you not have your own lawnmowers.
BWFC

Next

Return to NESSEBAR FORT CLUB / NESSEBAR FORT GOLF CLUB