Mosquito bites

Mosquito bites

Postby Westpark » Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:23 pm

Hi ,
Has any one tried the mosquito repellent wrist bands,are they effective and do they protect you.
Used the Jungle Formula cream and spray last year,did not protect very well.Any other advice would be
appreciated.

Regards
Westpark
Westpark

Re: Mosquito bites

Postby June » Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:16 pm

I get bitten really badly and nothing seems to work for me either, I have not tried the wristband but last year I purchased through BA on of the solar operated mosquito things that you hang on your bag or belt they have quite a large radius and off course recharge during the day, and I have to say it works, you can get these from the BA web site.
BIB Services The complete service
June

Postby alan » Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:23 pm

hi
the wife needed hospital treatment last year because of the little beggars so i also would like a bit of advice,so far we have been told
take odourless garlic tablets about a month before you go go and continue while over their also the stuff you can get from Avon is suppose to be good

alan
alan

Postby June » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:33 pm

Sorry to have to say I have tried all of that and it has never worked, as I said in previous post this gaget does work though. Just another little hint, use Lemon soap, shampoo etc
June

Postby jackie1969 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 12:42 am

i am another sufferer the best thing recommended to me by a chemist is citronala oil not sure if spelling is correct u can buy it from health shops a few drops with baby oil and u can rub it all over arms and legs i have found u still get the odd bite but works gr8 i use it on myself and the kids not dear either worth a try
jackie1969

Postby julie » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:23 am

Well as someone who has suffered every time I go abroad the only thing that works for me is the Avon Skin So Soft oil it has to be the green bottle
have tried everything (garlic, vitamins etc haven't tried the wristbands so can't comment on those) and don't forget to take a bottle with you to the airport for your return journey home.

Julie
julie

Postby dazza » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:17 pm

i have tried everything and no mater where i go tunisia italy bulgaria or greece i always end up at the hospital then trouble is they always get me on the arch of my foot and it gets so bad i cant walk, but as soon as i have this injection in the butt the swelling goes down and they dont come near me anymore i have even asked my doctor can i have this injection before i go and he said no, i dont know what the rules are in nfc but i would like to enquire about having nets up covering the balcony so i could sit outside comfortably ??
dazza

Postby June » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:58 pm

As far as I am aware then should be no problem if you are only thinking of putting nets up,
June

Postby wblann » Tue Apr 21, 2009 6:19 pm

I bought one of the BA solar gadgets on my trip to Turkey 2 weeks ago - and got badly bitten on my legs - so I would not recommend that either!

Wendy
Wendy Blann
wblann

Postby Kath Stirling » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:16 am

Why not try the Deet mosquito repellent, you can buy different strengths. Also I have used the Avon Skin So Soft oil body spray that contains citronella found that to be good. nice smell to it which.

Taking Vitamin B and Garlic tablets they say helps.

Try not to use as much deodarant, afershave or perfume as they all attract Mozzies.

But I suppose at the end of the day if they want to get you they will.
Kath / Keith

http://www.phoenixbulgaria.co.uk
phoenixuk@fsmail.net
00 359 885127212
00 359 889251747
Kath Stirling

Postby Westpark » Thu Aug 27, 2009 9:01 pm

Are the Mosquitos still biteing
Westpark

Postby Garyjs » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:15 am