Traveling from Sofia to Bourgas

Traveling from Sofia to Bourgas

Postby perrym » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:40 pm

Hi all

My wife and I wish to go to Sunny Beach to take a look at our apartment during the fist week of April next year but seem not to be able to get to Bourgas airport we can only find flights to Sofia

Does anyone know how far it is from Sofia to Bourgas? and is this a easy journey to undertake? would we encounter any problems along the way etc?

Shed some light if you can please or advise on alterate airlines

Thanks all
perrym

Postby cjj » Thu Nov 15, 2007 2:55 pm

Hi

It would be a better option if you flew in to Varna Airport. Varna is approx a 2 Hr drive to Sunny Beach. Where Sofia is a very long way away.

British Airways were flying into Varna as were Bulgarian Airways. These both fly out of Gatwick.

You should be able to get there for less than £200 pp.

ba.com

Hope this helps
cjj

Postby perrym » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:06 am

:D

Thanks CJJ

Just checked flights and indeed you can travel to Varna with BA at that time of year, reasonable price as well, at the same time I checked out some car companies and found that sixt cars can be hired from varna airport

Looking forward to travelling over

Thanks again
perrym

Train

Postby richardcommon » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:05 am

Hi, we travelled by train from Sofia to Bourgas. Took about 7 hours and was a long way off a modern UK standard train. Quite enjoyable as the scenery is fantastic. Taxi from Bourgas train station to Sunny beach took about 20 minutes
richardcommon

trains/buses from Sofia to Bourgas

Postby Markandnic » Mon Feb 04, 2008 8:57 pm

Hi there
we are new to the forum.
We have just booked easyjet flights to Sofia on 10th April and are searching for information on how to get to Sunny Beach.
Any details on train and bus services would be really welcome (eg how often they leave, how much they cost etc)

many thanks
nic
Markandnic

Postby Kath Stirling » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:07 pm

Hi Markandnic

I would say the best option is the coach from Sofia to Bourgas.

Take a taxi from the airport to the bus station, a lot of rip off taxis about so maybe best to go to the OK taxi desk inside the airport don't take any notice of the guys stood around. When you have booked get the girl to take you out to the taxi rank that way you know you have the right one. Should cost you about 10 lev.

Coachs leave about every hour and will take about 6hrs, maybe less. Don't drop a sleep as you pass through some lovely countryside.
A taxi from Bourgas to sunny Beach takes about 20mins and should cost you about 50 lev, make sure you negotiate the price before you get in.

Have a safe journey
Kath / Keith

http://www.phoenixbulgaria.co.uk
phoenixuk@fsmail.net
00 359 885127212
00 359 889251747
Kath Stirling

Postby SpudHead » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:16 pm

i dont understand why people are travelling to sunny beach via sofia. there's no need. there are plenty of flights to bougas from may onwards and plenty to varna the rest of the time.
sofia is a very long way away from sunny beach. like going from london to scotland.
SpudHead

Postby enigma » Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:34 pm

Flights to Bourgas are from Mid-May and seem very expensive. Easyjet are flying to Sofia and prices are quite reasonable. Just booked mine on 14th April for ?85.00 return.

Website for the bus station in Sofia shows arrival and departure times of buses and some go all the way to St.Vlas.

http://www.centralnaavtogara.bg/cbs/hom ... enDocument

There's also trains into Bourgas which are very slow. Overnight train from Bourgas to Sofia leaves at about 10:00pm and arrives in Sofia at about 7:00am!! Try the Bulgarian Railway Website.
http://www.bdz.bg/

It really is good to travel by public transport in Bulgaria. Its cheap, never get ripped off and enjoy the countryside.......
enigma

Postby SpudHead » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:11 pm

ive got returns flights in may to bougas from gatwick for 109 with first choice. not that expensive
SpudHead

Return to NESSEBAR FORT CLUB / NESSEBAR FORT GOLF CLUB