Smoking policy in restaurant

Smoking policy in restaurant

Postby roy » Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:38 pm

I wonder what the policy will be this year as it seemed to change from day to day and depending on the weather! I ate in it last year during a thunderstorm and the waiters immediately brought out ashtrays just as our food arrived and the couple beside us lit up just as myself my wife and two children started to eat! I hope this can be clarified this year and that they stick to a policy or else I will be eating elsewhere which would be a shame as I want to give them my business!
roy

Re: Smoking policy in restaurant

Postby Garyjs » Tue Mar 26, 2013 2:42 am

It is illegal to do so, rude & inconsiderate.

On the bright side UK people are starting to wise up, many former smokers are now ex smokers, at last, I have been outnumbered for far too long.

http://www.novinite.com/view_news.php?id=139858

Garyjs

Postby roy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:31 am

As much as I hate smoking I do have respect for those who go for a wee walk round the pool or smoke outside and even more respect for those who have given up! Most smokers are ignorant to the fact how much it annoys non smokers and having asthma myself, how much it can affect my breathing in a smokey atmosphere and only realise this once they give up and often become strong opponents to smoking. As in all aspects of human life you will obviously get those who are selfish and don't care and will try to push the boundaries to fulfill their own needs!

BUT

I know there will be smokers on here which will argue against this, which is fine, but all I'm looking for is an agreed policy in place which the restaurant will stick too so I can make an informed choice!
roy

Postby bulgariagetaway » Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:19 pm

Did you not read the local paper in Bulgaria called Novonite. The smoking policy has been overturned by the new government and back to smoking all areas. I think the ruling starts in June this year when the new government take over. The reason is loss of tax revenue as people are not going out as much as they did prior to the smoking ban and the noise the local businesses are making over lost income from people staying at home.
bulgariagetaway

Postby roy » Tue Mar 26, 2013 11:23 pm

Thanks for info, although its very disappointing, but on the upside I'll know to stay clear! :(
roy

Postby Garyjs » Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:58 am

Garyjs

Postby roy » Wed Mar 27, 2013 2:20 pm

:D would be nice if it's enforced but the rules will be bent! Spent a week in September with 3 of my friends who smoke and ended up with a bad chest for a few weeks after! You take it for granted in the UK now. A lot of smokers' attitudes have changed but you will still get the few who just don't care!
roy

Postby Garyjs » Fri Jun 14, 2013 9:12 am

Popped into the restaurant for a nightcap the other night, sat outside as it was a nice evening, had I decided to sit inside I would have needed breathing apparatus due to the table of chain smoker.

A couple of Days Later

Popped in again last night, the smoking seems to be restricted to the right hand side of the bar, & to be honest I could not smell the smoke on the other side, so as long as it stays that way, it's not so bad, if they eventually allow smoking in all areas, I will admit defeat & go elsewhere, which with smokers now in the minority, is not really the way it should be
Garyjs

Postby Garyjs » Thu Jun 20, 2013 9:31 pm

One chap seems to think that it's OK to chain smoke inside the restaurant as long as you're toes are outside

So here I sit on my balcony paying under 3 Lev's for 2 Ltr's of Zagorka & 10 Levs for 24 Hours wi fi

I had a dream last night, I was drinking in NFC Restaurant, smoke, & wi fi Free :D

Then I woke up :(

Last edited by Garyjs on Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
Garyjs

Postby roy » Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:37 pm

Knew it wouldn't change, thanks for the info Gary.
roy

Postby Garyjs » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:35 am

My wife & I had a meal in the restaurant before departing for the airport, I refuse to be robbed by the prices of in flight meals & snacks

It was June 3pm & HOT, initially sat inside as it was empty therefore smoke free, but as it was hot with a nice breeze outside we decided to chance our luck & sit outside

The food was lovely, but with smokers to the left of us, & smokers to the right, it was not a great experience trying to eat without breathing

If smokers can go 3 hours on a flight without a fag, why can't they just wait a few minutes while I eat my meal, I can't help but notice they stop smoking when their meal arrives

I have had many meals in the complex restaurant, but have yet to eat in smoke free air, I would love to see smoking banned from the complex but I guess this may be a few years down the line, but wouldn't it be nice to eat inside & outside of the restaurant smoke free

While I am at it, I also enjoy breathing fresh air whilst in & around the pool, but if you chain smokers think it's OK to sit there flicking fag ash & poisoning the kids at play with your toxic waste, then crack on, hopefully once it has been banned, it will be enforced

For those wanting to let out their apartments, with smokers now in the minority in the UK, I think you will find that most British families will not return to a complex that allows people to smoke in the restaurant, why would they?
Garyjs

Postby ANDYJAC » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:02 am

We totally agree with everything that Gary says. What annoys me is that in both the UK and Ireland, people have to go outside to smoke, yet when they go to Bulgaria they do as they please. We had many a meal spoilt by the thoughtless and inconsiderate smokers. It got so bad that we stopped going into the restaurant.

Please enforce the smoking ban inside the restaurant.
ANDYJAC

Postby blusta » Sun Jun 30, 2013 9:43 pm

well im afraid i totaly agree it made the four of us go elsewere to eat,surely it is just manners and comon sense not to lite up when some one is eating
blusta

Postby gill0020 » Sun Jun 30, 2013 11:04 pm

i have asked admin the question under announcements.....lets see what the response is
gill0020

Postby Garyjs » Mon Jul 01, 2013 12:45 pm

I guess as more none smokers avoid the restaurant it's going to get worse, which is a shame, allegedly we have 3 Restaurants – Sea food cuisine, Italian cuisine and Mediterranean cuisine - Bar - Vienna Cafe, I would be happy to make which ever is the smallest (as smokers are in the minority, only most of the none smokers are avoiding the place) a smokers place where both smokers & none smokers can sit, eat & drink together, should they so wish, the remaining restaurants/bars should be smoke free inside & out, where both smokers & none smokers can eat & drink together, as long as the smokers go for a short walk if they want a fag, jobs a gooden

As I see it, your average smoker (not all) doesn't give 2 hoots about how much it annoys none smokers, all they are thinking about is how cheap they can damage their lungs in Bulgaria, damaging everyone else in the vicinity, & totally ruining their meal at the same time seems to be of no concern

If the law won't or can't stop them, & Fort Noks seem to show little or no interest, lets hope the government will hike up the tax on fags, the link below is interesting
http://www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2013/07/01/taxing-cigarettes-saves-lives_n_3527470.html

http://www.fortnoks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=2289&p=9987#p9987
Garyjs

Next

Return to NESSEBAR FORT CLUB / NESSEBAR FORT GOLF CLUB