Any advice

Any advice

Postby Nick » Thu Jan 03, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi all my wife and I are going to nessebar fort golf club in a few weeks with the intention of purchasing a 2 bed apartment ,we have done as much homework as we can from England but I would imagine there's a lot more we could learn from people who already own property so basically we would like to know if owners think we are making a good or bad move thanks nick
Nick

Re: Any advice

Postby Tinku » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:27 pm

It all depends on what you consider to be value.
As you can see from the forums there is a lot of people that want to get out of the market by selling up.
There are some questions you have to ask yourself.
Is there value in my purchase?
Will i like/love staying here?
Am i prepared to lose money if things don't go to plan and i want to sell what i bought?
Can i afford it?
Remember there is extra expenses in buying here like the deeds.
Maintenance,and local tax have to paid yearly.
Sunshine and happiness are free.
I wish you all the best.

Kind regards
Tinku
Tinku

Postby gill0020 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 1:21 am

Hi
I bought 5 years ago
i dont care what the purchase price is now, it is worth it simply because my family love it
The children think of it as a second home and compared to people i know with caravans in the UK the maintenance is a pittance
It is also very cheap once you are out there to eat drink and buy clothes etc
good luck if you decide to buy................
Gill
gill0020

Postby bgordon88 » Tue Jan 08, 2013 10:30 am

My family love it too.
FN are basically a decent company as well which helps.

The price has come down as I purchased off-plan years ago.
You will probably get a good price buying now though.
bgordon88

Postby Garyjs » Tue Jan 08, 2013 2:28 pm

The good thing about having an apartment in Bulgaria is unlike the UK you know that there is actually going to be a summer

Sunshine, pools, beach, hundreds/thousands of inexpensive bars & restaurants, & a buyers market.

And if the UK gets any worse, you can live there all year round, as Tinku does

Go for it :D
Garyjs

Postby sean » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:37 pm

HI NICK,the complex if you decide to choose, is a very good one! its gardens are matureing and has lots of very freindly owners on it, a good mixture if you like!! mainly from uk and ireland,and a few from scandinava,and russia and of course bulgarian,,fort noks do the upkeep so your money ,spent on maintanence is well spent. the biggest reason previous and present owners find hard is the cost of flights!! since last september work has started on a new airport terminal at bourgas(a very impressive one at that), in doing so hopeing to attract budget airlines, because the need for faster turnarounds!!! bourgas airport are saying from april/may next year this will be achieved; the main road is in course of becoming a dual carriageway ,thus helping with immediate infrastructure. The close city of bourgas has been voted best city to live in ,in bulgaria for the last two years and is becoming very popular! you also have another complex next door called holiday fort club, you will find both complexs mix very well, you have summers here ;this year hardly any rain at all. If you have any more questions ,feel free to contact me/others ,,maybe meet up for a drink if you like!
happy hunting!
sean

Postby ANDYJAC » Tue Jan 08, 2013 7:53 pm

Hi Nick

We have an apartment on Holiday Golf complex and can honestly say we have never looked back since buying. We spend 7- 8 weeks of the summer in Bulgaria and would spend the whole summer if we could! The Bulgarians are very friendly, food and drink extremely cheap and scorching temperatures. What more could you ask for?

Some people are wanting to sell and are advertising on the forum so it may be worth your while looking at these offers as you may pick up an apartment a bit cheaper.
Good luck with your purchase.

Andy & Jackie
ANDYJAC

Postby Whiterose » Wed Jan 09, 2013 12:28 am

Hi Nick,

It is true that some people have unfortunately had to sell probably due to personal financial reasons.
Property prices have fallen not only in Bulgaria but also in Florida, Spain and other holiday destinations (and not to
mention the UK) so you are in a good position to pick up a nice property at a very good price.
As other people have already said, the Complexes of NFC and Holiday Golf are nice places to be, and owned by some
great people, many of which are English and Irish so language is never a problem. All together it makes for a really friendly
little holiday community.
You also get the best of both worlds,the peace and quiet of a rural setting and also within easy walking distance with the hustle and bustle
and all the facilities of Sunny Beach to be enjoyed.
The Fort Noks developments are well looked after and maintained compared to many others in the resort.
My friend who owns an apartment in one of the Sunny Day complexes invited a builder friend over who had come to do my snagging, after which he told me
that in his opinion there is no comparison between the build quality of hers and the Fort Noks built apartments which I believe also has to be a big plus.
Hope this helps, and good luck.

best wishes,
Whiterose
Whiterose

Postby Annie » Wed Jan 09, 2013 7:37 pm

Hi Nick, I totally agree with all other posts especially Gill and Whiterose. I too bought 5 yrs ago and couldn't be happier with my decision and choice. :D You will meet amazing people who DO become your Bulgarian family, there is no better feeling than on arrival to the bar your greeted with hugs and kisses and a feeling of 'Home', its fantastic. My children (adults) go over with their pals every year and love it. Regarding Fortnoks I have found them very helpful in any dealings or issues I had. It is a big step to take and one I did completely over the internet I shiver now when I think about it 8) because I had no idea about Bulgaria, did no research, just bought from plans and prayed very hard :) and basically took the biggest chance with my savings EVER.....and BOY am I glad I did...No Regrets. Hope this helps in some small way.
Best of Luck.
Annie
Annie

Postby Frances » Thu Jan 10, 2013 12:42 am

Hi Nick, my daughter bought of the plans to, and when she had it furnished we all went to see it,and fell in love with the place so much so my 2 sisters bought apartments on the nfc complex , 1 of my sisters sisterinlaw came out 2 years ago to c hers and she bought 1 so i hope this is of some help to you we are booked to go out in June and again in August we love it so much, made a lot of nice friends out there and staff very friendley and helpful Frances
Frances

Postby Dave » Thu Jan 10, 2013 1:48 pm

Nick

I can only agree with everything everyone else has said. I too bought 5 years ago without ever having been to Bulgaria but
we have had some great times there with my grandchildren and family all sharing the experience.
We too have made some fantastic Bulgarian friends who we look forward to meeting again every year.
Fort Noks are great people and extremely helpful and keep the place very clean. The Bulgarians are very nice
friendly people and the food and drink is so cheap.
Hope this helps you decide

Dave
Dave

Postby Nick » Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:31 am

Hi ,Thankyou for all your comments they all seem very positive and have made us make our decision easier,we are visiting at the end of January although we have been to sunny beach in the summer I can imagine it is a lot quieter there at the moment. Once again many thanks Nick & Andrea.
Nick

Postby Nick » Fri Feb 01, 2013 12:18 am

Hi all,
We have recently returned from fort club having purchased an apartment and would like to say thanks for everyone's comments as it made our decision alot easier ,we look forward to meeting you all &if there is anyone else looking to purchase a property we would not hesitate to reccommend using Ben & Daniela Collins who took care of everything for us ,thanks again Nick & Andrea
Nick

Postby Garyjs » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:30 am

Good news Nick & Andrea, see you by the pool some day

The other good thing about fortnoks is you can use you’re gate fob to spend the day at other fortnoks complexes

http://www.fortnoks.org/webcams.php

Gary & Kim
Garyjs

Postby charlie » Fri Feb 01, 2013 1:27 pm

gary that last bit should be true but unfortunatly it is not ,we are from holiday fort and our gate pass wont let us into your complex never mind others and we have tried most of the other complexes and it is the same story NO ENTRY come on fort noks sort it out after all it is what you tell us in your sales pitch
charlie

Next

Return to NESSEBAR FORT CLUB / NESSEBAR FORT GOLF CLUB