DOCTORS/HOSPITALS

DOCTORS/HOSPITALS

Postby Linda Lyons » Sun Apr 25, 2010 10:43 pm

Hi all,

Don't want to put a damper on everyone's spirits that are going over this season,but just wondering if a child or indeed one self got sick at night,where would the nearest doctor or hospital be.

Would anyone have any contact details as they would be very much appreciated.

Best regards :?:
Linda Lyons

Re: DOCTORS/HOSPITALS

Postby Kath Stirling » Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:57 am

Hi Linda

The emergency ambulance number in BG is 150. there is also Sunny Med clinic which is near the Police station in Sunny beach which I have used several times and found the staff there to be really good. Also a new hospital at the other end of Sunny Beach close to the Nessabar round about.

How efficient the ambulance service is I do not know.

On your complex there will also be emergency numbers available.
Kath / Keith

http://www.phoenixbulgaria.co.uk
phoenixuk@fsmail.net
00 359 885127212
00 359 889251747
Kath Stirling

Postby dazza » Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:57 pm

there is also a new private clinic open just across the rd from the complex i think its called the albeny center come out of gates nfc turn right 1st left and then 1st left
dazza

Postby sunnybeacher » Mon Apr 26, 2010 4:46 pm

I went out 2 years ago with the lads and one of my mates unfortunately got ill and fainted but then slipped in and out of conscious (not from the beer). We were told by locals not to bother with an ambulance as they take ages to respond and to get a taxi which there are loads.

We got to the clinic/hospital and to be fair he was treated well and kept in overnight to be sure.
He was given some insulin and had a heart ECG monitor/check.
I could not fault the treatment and staff however this was not a big A&E and probably could not cope with major issues.
This clinic/hospital was on the main road from the centre a short walk up towards St Vlas on the left.
sunnybeacher

Postby Linda Lyons » Mon Apr 26, 2010 10:47 pm

Hi Kath,Dazza,& Sunnybeacher,

Thanks a million for all the info.nice to know that there is a clinic and hospital nearby,great peace of mind to be prepared for all eventualities even though one would hope never to need such facilities while on hols,but you never know,hope everyone has a great and sick free holiday :D :D !!
Linda Lyons

Postby June » Tue Apr 27, 2010 5:46 pm

Sunny Med clinic which Kath has mentioned is not a private hospital like the other 2 so you will pay a lot more if you use these, and in fact from your complex is probably the nearest. I got stung by a scorpion last year and I had to go there they were excellent and the staff are very helpfull,
BIB Services The complete service
June

Postby purkyuk » Tue Apr 27, 2010 6:00 pm

stupid question.. do they have scorpions in BG??
purkyuk

Postby June » Tue Apr 27, 2010 7:33 pm

Yes they do as I found out :oops: not nice 4 days in hospital
BIB Services The complete service
June

Postby Linda Lyons » Tue Apr 27, 2010 10:47 pm

Hi June,

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with the sting,but Sunny med clinic it will be, if needs be, as it sounds a good place plus is convenient to the complex,thanks.
Linda Lyons

Postby Nicki Swift » Sun May 09, 2010 9:55 am

The clinic down by the police station also has a good pharmacy attached with an good English speaking pharmacist.

We had to get some anti histamene for my sons hay fever as you will all know NFC opens out to the fields at the back and in summer caused both me and my son grief for hay fever.

All in all very good so far!!

There will always be some major incidents as we spoke to one girl last year who fell off a kerb and her knee cap ended up around the side of her knee, she looked in serious pain as you can imagine.I suppose their is only so much you can do. She was required to back every day 'may be an insurance thing' but she was happy with the service she received in the circumstances.
Nicki Swift

Postby dazza » Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:54 pm

just a quick update on the viva clinic if you go there to see a dentist or doctor be prepared to pay it is 125 lev just for inspection then treatment is more infact treatment etc was the dearest ive ever paid abroad cost me £250.00 all in all
dazza

Return to NESSEBAR FORT CLUB / NESSEBAR FORT GOLF CLUB