Transfers from Sofia Airport

Transfers from Sofia Airport

Postby regrib » Tue Feb 16, 2010 3:51 pm

We will be flying into Sofia airport in July and will be staying in Sunny Beach. I understand that there is a local bus that travels from the airport. Has anyone done this journey and if so can you please let me know details. If not what is the best way to travel.

:D :D :D
regrib

Re: Transfers from Sofia Airport

Postby June » Wed Feb 17, 2010 9:30 am

The bus will take you about 6 hours, not all the buses go to Sunny Beach only Burgas so you might have a bit of wait in Sofia, there is a bus every hour from Sofia, The bus station is about 10mins (traffic permitting) from Sofia airport, and make sure that you use a taxi company called OK. price is about 38lv per person. To be honest you would probably be best to get the internal flight from Sofia to Burgas if you look on www.bulgaria-air.co.uk prices showing at 56lv at the moment for July flight time is about 40mins. There is the train but again very slow about 7 hours, or you could book the sleeper train from Sofia the train is ok and clean. The bus is not to bad, and stops half way at Stara Zagora for about 30mins so that you can something to eat and drink and go to the loo as there is no toilet on the bus they do show a couple of films which are in English and the bus is clean I have never had a bad driver either in the 14 years I have been here. Have a safe journey which ever route you use.
BIB Services The complete service
June

Postby banny » Wed Feb 17, 2010 11:16 pm

hi regrib
i too land in sofia in june due to flyin with easyjet from manchester and after debateing for awhile i have plunged for a internal flight with bg airlines at a cost of
£26.00 return, i know i am in the airport for 3 hours but after wieghing up pros n cons i felt this was best option. have a good hols and good luck with your transfer
banny
banny

Postby June » Thu Feb 18, 2010 3:05 pm

You will need to transfer from Terminal 1 to Terminal 2 as low cost airlines come into Terminal 1 and the internal flight goes from 2
June

Postby banny » Thu Feb 18, 2010 7:52 pm

hi june
thanks for info,
i land on 15th but stay overnite in sofia and pick up internal flight next day so i now know its terminal two, not recieved any tickets yet but suppose i wont anyway rgards
banny
banny

Postby Linda Lyons » Thu Feb 18, 2010 9:08 pm

Hi June

Taxifares in Sofia must have taken a huge jump cos when we were there in 2007 and went with OK taxis from the airport to the Sofia Princess hotel which was about a 20 minute journey and the fare was 10 leva total,we also used this firm to go to the centre of the city again about a 10min journey and the driver would want to give back change from 2 leva!!! so there must be huge changes there,sounds as bad as Sunny beach now for taxi prices.
Linda Lyons

Postby June » Thu Feb 18, 2010 10:34 pm

Linda the 38lv is price of the bus ticket not the taxi company. Price of taxi will be from about 10lv upwards depending on traffic
June

Postby John19 » Sat Feb 20, 2010 4:26 pm

Hi Regrib,

It would be a better option if you flew in to Bourgas Airport. There are plenty of flights to Bougas. And price for taxi is around 50-60 leva. Second best option is Varna but it is approx a 1.5-2.0 hours drive to Sunny Beach, depending on road/traffic conditions. It`s 90 km. away to Sunny beach. Where Sofia is a very long way away.

The cheap way from Sofia to Bourgas is by train. Note that trains are too old and slow. The journey takes about 7 hours. The nearest train station to Sunny Beach is in Bourgas, so you would need to get a taxi from there to Sunny Beach. Taxi cost not more than 70 leva. Try the Bulgarian Railway Website:
http://www.bdz.bg/

I would say the best option is the coach from Sofia to Bourgas. After arriving in Sofia, take a taxi to the central bus station and from there to travel by bus to Burgas and Sunny Beach in directly to your choice depending on whether tickets and etc. Best to go to the OK taxi desk inside the airport. Should cost you about 10 lev to train or bus station. The coach journey takes 6 hours. You will find the bus station very well organized. The Sofia bus Website is:
http://www.centralnaavtogara.bg/cbs/home.nsf/vPagesLookup/home~en?OpenDocument

The other options that I would recommend is to book a private door to door taxi transfer to Sunny beach. The taxi journey takes 5 hours as Sofia is 390 km. away. Recommended for transfer to take a look here: http://airportpickup.tripod.com/price_list.html My recommendation is to this company because I used them many times and always been happy with their service, but I flew only in to Bourgas airport.

Have a safe journey.

Cheers
John
John19

Postby scotland67 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:24 am

Hi,

We have done the journey from Sofia to Sunny beach twice and as long as you have a fully charged media system its painless. However, not one I would recommend with young children.
scotland67

Return to NESSEBAR FORT CLUB / NESSEBAR FORT GOLF CLUB