RIPPED OFF

RIPPED OFF

Postby scotland67 » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:08 pm

Hi all,

We are trying to avoid being ripped off by other parties as we sign the title deeds for our studio on 12 August. Can anyone offer advice as to the pros and cons to the whole process...... Particularly avoidable errors.

Really would appreciate it.
scotland67

Re: RIPPED OFF

Postby greg » Thu Jul 09, 2009 9:18 am

We fully appreciate your concerns and unfortunatley there is always someone trying to take advantage of us,and hope everything works out well.
I dont think the subject RIPPED OFF will do the forum any good though, all the best :D
greg

Postby bgordon88 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:16 am

I would say don't use a solictitor as Fort Noks prepare all the papers anyway and the process is exactly the same for everybody.
bgordon88

Postby thumbsup » Fri Jul 10, 2009 7:28 pm

Just wandering what paperwork you need to take to the Notary? We are signing on 17 July - would also appreciate any tips or advice.
thumbsup

Postby bgordon88 » Fri Jul 10, 2009 11:05 pm

Just take your passports FN will do the rest.
bgordon88

Postby thumbsup » Sat Jul 11, 2009 8:19 pm

Also, is it better to take euros from uk - or do you get a better rate in Bulgaria?

Feeling a bit anxious as its our first trip to Sunny Beach! Hope everything goes ok at Notary! :?
thumbsup

Postby June » Sun Jul 12, 2009 8:39 am

The currency of Bulgaria is Lev, the Lev is pecked to the euro so the rate does not change about 1.91 to the Euro, sterling at the moment is about 2.18 to does go up a little so you need to shop around for the best rate, but unless you have euros it probably is not worth changing into euros to have to change them into lev.
BIB Services The complete service
June

Postby Nicki Swift » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:32 pm

I would allow 6 hours for the process from start to finish and take lunch and a drink with you as you could spend a lot of time hanging around.

Don't take the kids as they will get bored and send you loopy!!!

Take a good book also.

As for cash in sunny Beach,

Either Sterling Cash or Sterling Travellers cheques then change at the banks or 'Crown Exchange' only. Other change booths in my opinion do not tend to give the honest change!!

You will need 40 Leva or 20 Euro for the translator or a combination of both on the day opf signing your Notary.

You can pay your Notary fees by Visa for security/insurance purposes also.

However we have found Fort noks to be incredibly good on this process apart from the time it took.

all the best and enjoy the ride!!!!
Nicki Swift

Postby thumbsup » Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:29 am

Just wanted to say thanks for your replies - much appreciated.

Am dreading the 6hour process! Just hope it goes well (no choice but to take my 3 & 4 year olds with us!)

Will update on here how we get on!
thumbsup

Postby Annie » Mon Jul 13, 2009 2:11 pm

Hi Thumbsup, just back from doing the same ourselves. The days is endless. We dealt with a girl called Milenna maybe if you ask her if you can go for a walk with the kiddies she may tell you to go but be back at a certain time......even then you will still be waiting a while, but better than trying to amuse the kids in a very small space. I was unwell the morning we went and I must say Milenna , noticed I was a bit green and told us to go and be back in the office for 2pm.It was great to be able to do that because by the time we got back the other people were tearing their hair out.... Best of luck its a great feeling when its done and dusted. If I was over now I,d gladly have minded your kids.
All the best.
Annie

Postby annstott » Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:09 am

We did use our own lawyer who was extremely good and I don't know how she managed it but we went straight into the notaries office and out again within about 15 mins. It was August time as well so not a quiet time of the year. If you want her email address for a quote for costs just let me know.
annstott

Postby scotland67 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:19 pm

Thank you all the the great advice you have posted.

Regards
scotland67

Return to NESSEBAR FORT CLUB / NESSEBAR FORT GOLF CLUB