TV and internet

You can post and discuss news and information about property management and letting companies.

TV and internet

Postby correen26 » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:01 pm

I have an apartment on hfgc.
I have the full tv package from ForyNoks but most of it is in Russian, does anyone know how I can get British tv (i.e. Skye).
correen26

Re: TV and internet

Postby ste » Sun Nov 16, 2014 7:46 pm

Hi Correen,

Been looking at options myself for the same reason. Looked at taking a sky box over but found out that the dish required to pick up the main channels would be massive so not a viable option really.

Tried Sky go, BBC Iplayer etc. on our tablet the year before but gets blocked as the internet address isn't in the UK. To overcome this you need a Virtual Private Network (VPN). This is really simple - I downloaded a VPN app called SurfEasy which when switched on reroutes your internet connection so it appears that you're in the UK to websites like Sky GO and Iplayer. Used this for 4 weeks this year with no problems, you do of course need an internet connection and I chose to have a router and modem installed in the apartment as the signal is better/faster than the complex WiFi and you can connect as many devices as you like. Cost was about £80 for equipment and installation and then you just pay for the package you need - for TV sites you're better off choosing the fastest package available otherwise you're likely to get buffering.

My plan for next year is to by a more modern TV and an IPTV box. Sky go etc. can be installed on these boxes and you can then watch them on your tv. You can buy an IPTV box on EBay for about £60. SurfEasy is a free app so you can try and see how it works but to use regularly for tv you would need to upgrade to the paid version which is about 2 quid a month, payable by paypal and no contact so you can just pay while your on holiday. You can install Surfeasy on up to 4 devices for the one subscription.

There's also an app called FilmOn which allows you to watch free to air UK channels directly via the app on you tablet/phone without needing a VPN.

Hope that helps a little.

Steve
ste

Re: TV and internet

Postby correen26 » Mon Nov 24, 2014 2:12 am

Thanks greatly appreciated.
correen26

Return to PROPERTY MANAGEMENT COMPANIES - TOPIC