LETTUCE!!!

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

LETTUCE!!!

Postby bernie&pam » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:07 pm

HI All, me and my wife Pam have been having a long standing discussion, we have an apt on Panorama and visit at least 3 times a season but in all the times we`ve been to bully we`ve never seen lettuce in the Supermarkets or the small shops in Vlas.Can anyone enlighten us
P.S. HELLO TO ALL THE GANG UP AT ROBBO`S SEE YOU ALL IN FEB.
bernie&pam

Re: LETTUCE!!!

Postby Charlie&Elaine » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:19 pm

Hi Bernie & Pam

We were over in sept/oct 08 (NFC) on the way into town one morning we noticed some box's of lettuce in one of the wholesalers about 1 1/2hrs. later on the way back they were all gone (should have got one when we saw them :( ) That was the only time. So where do they all go?
Charlie & Elaine :? :?
Charlie & Elaine
Charlie&Elaine

Postby bernie&pam » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:32 pm

thanks Charlie & Elaine, the plot thickens we`ll have to keep our eye`s peeled
cheers bernie & pam :lol: :lol: :D
bernie&pam

Postby tomhez » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:31 am

Hi Pam and Bernie,

You can get lettuce here I've not only seen them I've eaten them but I'm not much of a lettuce muncher so its not something I tend to notice. As I'm not a farmer and therefore no expert I've always thought its because they must be seasonal. Are there any experts who can give us the essential lettuce information. :D

Bernie and Pam there will be a couple of cold ones waiting for you on the bar at Robos when you arrive (beers not lettuce) :lol:

Tom
E-mail:
tomhez

Postby Di & Sean » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:28 am

Hi all,

Everytime I went to the little veg shop in St Vlas, there were lettuce. Some times it looks very fresh and lively, other days looked like a wet rag. But when washed and put in the fridge, a nice crunchy lettuce we had. Well, Sean just informed me that this veg shop, has now just closed down. :( They had a lettuce sale on, and we all missed it. :lol: So hunt the lettuce, back on.
Sean
Di & Sean

Postby June » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:45 am

You can always get lettuce from the fruit and veg wholesale market in Sunny Beach, if coming from St Vlas go onto the Burgas to Varna road pass the aqua park and as you get to the traffic lights the market is on the right hand side.
BIB Services The complete service
June

Postby micknaly » Fri Jan 16, 2009 8:47 am

Hi Pam & Bernie

There are three shops you can get lettuce from in Vlas, probably more but these are the one's we use, the little shop at the top of the square below the chinese restaurant, the larger greengrocery shop on the right hand side going down the hill on the main road, about half way down, and the supermarket at the bottom on the same road on the right, all three sell lettuce although it's the "flat" crinkly type, there's also a couple of supermarkets in sunny beach the main one being Mllados (red supermarket) you can always get them there. You can get a "cos" from either the Metro, Piccadilly supermarket, or billa supermarket, all in Bourgas.

Good luck, see you soon guys

Alison
micknaly

Postby tomhez » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:17 am

Hi Pam and Bernie,

I had a word with my friend who is a Bulgarian politician, Cos Iceburgnov and asked if he would sign a petition or our behalf to have the lettuce included onto the endangered species’ list. He replied that under normal circumstances he would be only to happy to lobby his government for us but then pointed out that we were being prejudice towards the lettuce by ignoring all the other salad ingredients. He has suggested that before he can help, we must do some more research into the whereabouts of all the other essential salad ingredients. So before we can continue our lettuce hunt, we all need to find where the tomatoes, carrots, cucumbers, etc, etc hang out. :lol:

Good luck to us all and always remember before you start your search to include a good health and safety policy, we don't want anyone getting injured by a wayward celery. :lol:

Cheers
Tom
E-mail:
tomhez

Postby micknaly » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:22 am

Trust you Tom!!!

How funny :lol:
micknaly

Return to GENERAL