Bulgarian Embassy in London

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

Bulgarian Embassy in London

Postby mirador » Fri Jun 13, 2008 9:23 am

Hi
Has anyone had to visit the consul at the london embassy to get documents signed prior to completing on a purchase?
If so how long did it take and whats involved??
MIrador
mirador

Re: Bulgarian Embassy in London

Postby SpudHead » Fri Jun 13, 2008 10:15 am

if you mean the signing of deeds, I did this at the council offices in Nessebar in June. The deeds were then posted to me and I now have them with me in the UK.
SpudHead

Postby cartrans » Fri Jun 13, 2008 3:19 pm

Hi

We went to the embassy in London to get our documents stamped, it is quite easy to do, the embassy is near the Royal Albert Hall, best to get there early to avoid queuing, we were told to make an appointment but when we phoned up they said no appointment necessary. I think it cost about £75, you need all your documents and your passports, you sign in front of them, they keep the documents and you go back in about an hour and collect them, all done. We then sent the documents by DHL (£54) guaranteed delivery to our estate agents in Burgas.

If you look the embassy up on the internet, you will find the phone number, just give them a call and they will tell you exactly what to do and how much it is now, they speak good english.

Regards
cartrans

Postby SpudHead » Fri Jun 13, 2008 4:28 pm

its free if you do it in nessebar, apart from the cost of the flight to get you there of course
SpudHead

Postby mirador » Sat Jun 14, 2008 9:17 am

Thanks all gosh £74!!!!!

We cannot get out to Bulgaria this year so we will have to do it this way !

Many Thanks All

Vanessa
MIrador
mirador

Postby cainy » Sat Jun 14, 2008 1:14 pm

i am trying to understand this business about goin to the bulgarian embassy in london to get some papers stamped are u talking about signing the notary act. when u talk about sending ur documents to your estate agents in bourgas is this a resale
cainy

Postby mirador » Tue Jun 17, 2008 12:45 pm

No its a new purchase - the documents then have to go to our bulgarian solicitor so they can complete for us
MIrador
mirador

Postby littlebush » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:12 pm

It cost me £180!!!!!!!!!!
And they were so miserable in the embassy!
The lawyers (Typical if its true theyre owned by MRI) didnt mention we could get it done for free in nessebar!!!
littlebush

Postby mirador » Thu Jun 19, 2008 12:26 pm

Hi

They were not exactly cheerful when we went - but we did arrive rather late due to train delays !!!!!! They still saw us even though it took them til 2.30 after they should have closed
Oh anyone else going take an A4 special delivery envelope to give to them with your address on - we had to walk all the way back to the nearest post office at the tube and back to the embassy to hand it in so they could post the papers on to us !

We would have gone to nessebar but we just cannot get out this year and we wanted to complete
MIrador
mirador

Postby cartrans » Thu Jun 19, 2008 7:19 pm

Hi Mirador

Glad you got it sorted in the end. We went first thing in the morning so had time to wait for our papers, which took a couple of hours. Still all done and dusted now.

Regards
cartrans

Return to GENERAL