Compensation? or no compensation?

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

Compensation? or no compensation?

Postby TFIDave » Mon Jun 09, 2008 9:18 pm

Cancelled
Last edited by TFIDave on Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
TFIDave

Re: Compensation? or no compensation?

Postby cainy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:04 am

i am trying to understand your position with fortnoks if u paid your 40% in january is that 2007 or 2008 cos if it is 2008 ur 2 months late with ur payment which tells me u owe fortnoks money that is probably why they have not finished ur apartments
cainy

Postby TFIDave » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:10 am

I actually made an agreement with them to pay in January 2008, rather than November 2007, this was due to the fact that I wasn't around at the time the 40% payment was due. Yes I am fully aware of what the contract says and I guess that both Fort Noks and myself were both in breach of the contract between November 2007 and January 2008, however, taking that into account Fort Noks remain in breach of contract to this very day!

Agliaia informed me the apartments were ready for occupation on schedule, I didn't receive any notification concerning the 3rd installment as I had arranged for the payment to be made in January prior to the payment date.

Taking this into account, I based the compensation from February to June. My Studio has not got any waste or hot and cold feeds and they have forgotten to install any power points for the Kitchen Box. I know another person who has the same problem, she has had the work rectified and they had to strip the tiles from the bathroom wall as well as the floor to take the feeds from the bathroom into the main living area, her place looked like a building site!

My One bed was not so severe, there were no power points in the kitchen area, the lounge window sill had a cigarette burn, the bedroom door had a hole in it, The terrace door from the bedroom had no rubbers and the door had been leaking, the bedroom window wont close properly.

My line of thought in May was if they can burn a window sill and damage a bedroom door, how the hell could I trust them with new furniture in it! Anyway under the circumstances both properties were not ready for occupation, they have informed me the work will be done by July, but seeing is believing!
TFIDave

Postby cainy » Tue Jun 10, 2008 12:09 pm

TFIDAVE - sounds like they have made a right mess of ur apartments u need to get a solictor on the job if they have not put hot and cold water feeds into ur kitchen box thats a big job when i was over there in feb i informed aglaia that i wanted that work doing on my apartment (hot & cold water feeds waste pipe power points) because i have a smaller apartment without a kitchen box when i visited the apartment they had done the work and they were ready to plaster the wall & tile the bathroom it was a big job looked like a building site
cainy

Postby admin » Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:53 am

Hi TFI Dave
WE have completed complex on time and as per requirements appointed in the preliminary contracts
It was dully certified with Act 15 and we informed clients accordingly to pay relevant installment.
I think that newly build apartments have some snagging to be done and it was arranged from managers

Hope to meet you at the opening party 19th July and have great party altoghether
admin
Site Admin

Postby TFIDave » Wed Jun 11, 2008 7:28 pm

Thank you for your response Admin, however, I have read your contract thoroughly and fully understand the contents of each clause. To date, your office has not forwarded any evidence to show the work has been completed and has failed to meet its obligations. I will verify if the faults have been corrected for myself, hopefully in July, unless you are able to forward pictures to my email: davebolton@telecomengineers.co.uk

I just feel so disappointed with the quality of workmanship and the errors that have been made. Your company had 7 months to rectify these problems from the time it was confirmed to me that the apartments were ready for occupation, when in fact they were definately not ready at all.

Under the circumstances I feel I have been placed under unwarranted stress and expense as I cannot stay in my own apartments when visiting, particularly apartment 67/A3. I also feel that should your company show goodwill toward their purchasers, which is only fair and just under the circumstances, the credibility of your company would be most definately raised.

I have been in business for 23 years within the Telecoms sector and if I ever completed an installation on behalf of a customer which compared to the standards your company has met with their building, I would most definately have been put out of business well before now. Maybe we should reach a compromise?
TFIDave

Return to GENERAL