Internet facilities

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

Internet facilities

Postby ericasam » Tue Apr 08, 2008 11:08 am

Hi, having over the last few years relied upon the internet provided on the panorama complex i was considering setting it up in my appartment. has anyone doen this and can anyone offer any advice. i am considering bringing my laptop over wtih me on my next holiday so i can stay out longer and work from bulgaria, but unsure as to how appropriate this is as i wil also need to take it back with me. any advice greatly appreciated. Erica
ericasam

Postby Nicki Swift » Tue Apr 08, 2008 6:19 pm

:) Why not buy a 3G modem from somewhere like Carphone Warehouse, these are subscription at about 10 pound a month and all you do is plug them into your USB port and you can use your laptop anywhere in the world. Better than been tied to your apartment. You could use it in the bar or around the pool etc.

All the best

Nicki
Nicki Swift

Postby Bridget » Tue Apr 08, 2008 9:57 pm

I have been to the carphone warehouse to ask about this and the charges from BG are really expensive (please check this yourself), it will be cheaper to have it connected to the apartment, I always take my laptop with me, connection sometimes slow and you don't get the convenience of WI-FI but you can work. Plus you can get your local radio station through your laptop.

Bridget
:lol:
Bridget

internet access

Postby ptoner » Wed Apr 09, 2008 11:58 am

Hi

Fortnoks can provide a wireless internet option for you in your apartment for a monthly subscription and initial payment for wireless router.

This is not up and running yet but during my visit last week, FN assured me it would be available very soon in the complex.

Also I purchased a mobile internet modem and sim card from local BTC office in Sunny beach to allow remote access to internet from anywhere in Bulgaria. Cost me around 100 leva for modem and I had to sign a yearly contract for sim car (36 leva a month). Speed is up to 1.7 MB/sec I obtained just below 1MB when I tested. 2GB download limit per month, then you pay extra above this.

Fortnoks have told me we must use their wireless internet option and we cannot apparently ask BTC or other internet providers to install an ADSL line into apartments (would require digging up the complex they say for fibre lines)

Hope this help, if you need more info contact me and I intend to work from BG during the summer also so that we can stay for 7 weeks.

Cheers,
Paddy
ptoner

Postby ptoner » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:00 pm

I was referring to Nessebar Fort Club complex, internet is up and running in other complexes I believe.
ptoner

Postby tomhez » Thu Apr 10, 2008 6:59 pm

Hi ptoner,

Could you give me directions for the BTC shop in Sunny Beach. The connection here on Privilege in my experience in very hit and miss if it works and when it does its so frustratingly slow and for this we are charged 35 Euro per month so an alternative would be most welcome.

Thanks

Tom
E-mail:
tomhez

Postby ptoner » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:56 am

Hi Tom

Do you know where the Condor Restaurant is, the BTC shop is just past this on the left?

This is on the main road on the left into Sunny Beach , only a few 100 metres from the centre where the taxis are and where the main promenade are.

Hope this is enought info to find it. You can't miss the Condor it is a huge restuarant / bar, and the shop is just beside it.

Good luck
Paddy
ptoner

Postby June » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:23 am

Its next door to Mania nightclub
BIB Services The complete service
June

internet

Postby ericasam » Fri Apr 11, 2008 1:24 pm

thanks for help, really appreciated
ericasam

Postby tomhez » Fri Apr 11, 2008 4:45 pm

hi Ptoner and June

Thanks very much for the information. I will be paying them a visit shortly.

Cheers
Tom
E-mail:
tomhez

Return to GENERAL