MRI Furniture Packages

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

MRI Furniture Packages

Postby Ade66 » Tue Jul 24, 2007 3:11 pm

Hi there

Just got back from a 4 day visit to Crown Fort to check on my apartment. Has anybody bought their furniture pack through MRI? I am thinkin of it, but they are expensive compared to Fort Noks. However they are saying that if you want to rent it to the main tour companies it has to satisy a HEALTH & SAFETY INSPECTION as explained below SORRY its long. Do you know if it is genuine or just a ploy to get more money out of us?!
Look forward to hearing from you.....

"MRI have invested in new software which the major travel companies and airlines in Europe and USA use to distribute their product, examples of these are Lastminute.com, Expedia, Easyjet and Travelsupermarket.

We will be using major advertising channels the rental products (tv, press, search engines etc)

We will not be advertising individual properties, we will be promoting entire developments and allocating accommodation in the same way as happens in a hotel for example.

The website will be interactive for owners and the sooner you are rental ready the better positioned you will be on the website, however before we can start allocating rental clients to individual apartments we need to know that ANY apartments we are allocating clients into fully comply to the strictest health and safety and European regulations. We need to provide them with service guarantees, this is why the furniture and all accessories need to be acceptable industry wide and standardised in all countries.

We have a rental suite at the disposition of the contract managers of these companies to show them the exact specifications of our rental package. This is due to health and safety checks required as we are governed by European regulations.
As a result of an EC Directive, since 1993 all UK tour operators offering package holidays have been subject to the Package Travel Regulations. Although the legal definition of a package is complex most people understand what is normally meant by this term.

The two principal sections of the Regulations provide financial protection for prepayments and require tour operators to provide what is promised.

Amongst items covered are:

A direct responsibility placed on tour operators for the safety of their customers. Tour operators are legally responsible for the components of the package - coach transfers, hotels etc, if negligence is proved. They cannot avoid responsibility by attributing it to their sub-contractors. UK customers can sue operators in UK courts and no longer have to pursue action against contractors in overseas courts.

Prohibition of inaccurate brochure descriptions with penalties for non-compliance.

Prohibition of last minute surcharges. Surcharges under two per cent of the package price cannot be levied at all.

Legal remedies if necessary, in the form of holidaymaker compensation
Whilst we are happy to market ANY properties for rental, before we can do this for clients purchasing packages from a third party, for the reasons given above, the owners need to arrange, at their own expense to have their own apartment inspected and certified to ensure conformity. It will most likely not be possible to arrange this until such time as properties being furnished by a third party have been fully completed and kitted out and the inspectors are available to make a return visit.

We will be investing in resort to provide services for the volume of rentals and increasing our property management staff. We will have a team specifically dedicated to rentals in Headquarters for any queries you may have.

No other real estate or furniture pack company will be able to provide you with this complete service.

Health and Safety Check - Breakdown of the costs (included in the price of MRI Rental Ready Packages)

Environmental Check 143,55 ?
Final Pre Inspection 253,75 ?
Health and Safety Inspection 2.175,00 ?
Non Conformity Snagging (not including replacement/maintenance) 362,50 ?
Re-visit Conformity snagging 1.087,50 ?
3 Month health and safety revision 362,50 ?
Annual Inspection 652,50 ?

Cheers Ade66
Ade66

Postby enigma » Tue Jul 24, 2007 6:34 pm

Whats the total you are going to pay MRI ? Are you going to get that back in rental income ? Ha, ha, ha, ha....... I would give MRI a wide berth. Sounds like they want your dosh and are desparate to get it. Dont get bullied by MRI with all the legal mumbo jumbo.
enigma

Postby Ade66 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:06 am

Thanks for the reply.

The price for a 1 bed apt is 7590 euro + 1100 for fitting and cleaning! Apparently they are linking up with a number of tour operators and Last Minute.com, for rental, but your property can only be included in this if you have the Health and Safety Certs. Once agin tho there are no guarantees!
Ade66

MRI

Postby Andy007 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 10:21 am

Ade66

If you join there After Sales club you dont have to pay for the snagging list , deep clean or fitting of your furniture pack etc , its worth your while joining even if its for just 1 year as you get more than your money back in services that they provide.

Have a look at the link below

www.lifetimeaftersales.com/member-benefits
Andy
Andy007

Postby Ade66 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:01 pm

You must work for MRI!!
Ade66

mri

Postby Andy007 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 3:48 pm

eeerrrr NO i just know how to save £££££ $$$$$$ by looking at loop holes .

££ is better of in my pocket that theres !!!
Andy
Andy007

Postby purkyuk » Wed Jul 25, 2007 5:59 pm

Hasn't MRI got a bad name for service and after sales support??? :?
purkyuk

Postby chrismanchester » Wed Jul 25, 2007 8:28 pm

Ive read on other sites about MRI guaranteeing rentals that have not happened. Nearly 8000 euros for furnishing a 1 bed apartment is very expensive - especially if you arent going to make the money back in rental.
chrismanchester

Postby PHYLLIS.KEARNS » Thu Jul 26, 2007 12:05 am

IT SEEMS TO BE VERY EXPENSIVE, BUT THEN EVERYTHING FROM MRI IS
BEFORE SPENDING YOUR MONEY I WOULD SEEK LEGAL ADVICE, OR MAYBE FORT NOKS MIGHT SHED SOME LIGHT ON WHAT MRI ARE ADVISING

PHYLLIS
PHYLLIS.KEARNS

Postby Ade66 » Thu Jul 26, 2007 2:59 pm

Thanks all for your comments - I'm not going to purchase from MRI. Like many other of their dissatisfied clients, I was also told things about rentals, furniture packs that are clearly untrue. I wont be giving them any more of my hard earned money!
Ade66

Postby ortonio » Fri Jul 27, 2007 12:25 am

I have to hand it to mri, always thinking of a new angle. They can't get you any rentals you are right to not use them. The furniture is over priced.
ortonio

mri

Postby robbo2310 » Sat Jul 28, 2007 12:51 am

hi
i purchased thru mri and never again
very poor aftersales
do not give them any more of your money
stay away :(
robbo2310

Postby brunkie » Sat Jul 28, 2007 8:55 pm

I purchased my furniture through MRI last year. They did a good job, but I had to wait 6 weeks. Also they left me short a table which they said wouldn't fit in and they would refund the cost. Never got a refund. It would have been a lot cheaper to furnish the apartment myself.
I also joined their Aftersales. Apart from getting the snag list done for free it was a complete waste of money. Any time I asked their aftersales for information they hadn't a clue. All I get is a phone call every few weeks offering to sell me overpriced apartments in Germany. They have admitted that they can't offer any rentals or rental contracts, so definitly dont buy their furniture for that reason. MRI are very friendly when they want to sell you something but once they have your money they couldn't care less.
If you can travel to Sunny Beach I'm sure you could furnish your apartment very cheaply to a high standard.
Best of luck!! :D
brunkie

Postby PHYLLIS.KEARNS » Sun Jul 29, 2007 1:12 am

I THINK YOU HAVE MADE A WISE DECISION. I WAS PESTERED BY CALLS FROM MRI WHEN TRYING TO SELL ME SOMETHING BUT THEY WERE TOTALY UNHELPFUL WHEN I HAD A PROBLEM

PHYLLIS
PHYLLIS.KEARNS

Re: MRI Furniture Packages and Aftersales

Postby brenlu » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:07 pm

Unfortunately, now in 2009 it would appear that the MRI Aftersales Service is now zero for those of us in Sunny Beach- I had to do my own snagging list last February, then as I wasn't purchasing the MRI Furniture Package I have to organise my own Apt. Deep Clean and now it looks like there won't be a MRI Rep. in Sunny Beach this Summer, therefore no pickups from Airport or any other supports. Apparently, other Resorts like Bansko still have a Rep. No hope of a partial refund either(I paid for 3 years, nearly 800euro), though there was some mutterings about possible special offers for disappointed members. Anyone out there in the same boat?
brenlu

Next

Return to GENERAL