Flights from UK to Bourgas

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

Flights from UK to Bourgas

Postby Chez2 » Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:30 am

What companies have you all been using, what UK airports have you flown from and how have you found them?

We used Balkan for many years from Doncaster and Est Midlands but found they have been consolidating too may flights. I can understand this at the start and end of season but they were most unreasonable with us August bank holiday last year. We have flown with Thomas Cook from Manchester but wondered what other options there are. We have been considering Wizz Air from Luton but I'm a bit worried about all the bad press they have.
Chez2

Re: Flights from UK to Bourgas

Postby brenlu » Wed Jun 17, 2015 12:05 am

For anyone flying from Ireland north or south Aer Lingus is flying from Dublin- Bourgas 5days a week this Summer, website www.aerlingus.com
brenlu

Postby vonmike » Wed Jun 17, 2015 9:41 am

We have used Wizz Air at least four times a year for the past 4 years and never had a bad or delayed flight. We are from Sheffield but can't get flights out of season from airports near us. We can recomend Wizz Air.
vonmike

Postby Chez2 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 9:09 am

Thanks vonmike, thats reassuring. We are from Sheffiled too, hence the airports we usually travel from.

Do you have any tips you could share about the booking procedure, Wizz members club/offers etc? There seems so much to consider when booking your flight through them. What about checking in on line and at the airport? We take our lap top on holiday so we can check in on line before travelling to Bourgas for the return flight but we don't have a printer in our apartment.
Chez2

Postby Marcus » Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:58 am

Hi, me and my family have used Wizz Air from Luton many times without any problems. I'm on the NFC complex and the office are more than helpful with printing out the return tickets.
Marcus

Postby Chez2 » Thu Jun 18, 2015 7:29 pm

Thanks Marcus. I'm in Imperial Fort but I'm sure our reception would print out paperwork.
Chez2

Postby vonmike » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:29 am

Hi We book online, everything is straight forward and easy to do. I recommend joining the discount club. We check in online, they now give you longer so you can usually book your return journey and print your documents before you leave home. We are on Holiday Fort club and if you go to reception when the day time office staff are on they let you use there computer and printer for check in.
vonmike

Postby Chez2 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:38 am

Thanks VonMike. I had presumed you may have to print the docs just before your return trip.

I have been looking at prices for next year for the same periods Im travelling this year and they seem to have shot up. I might change it and wait until January. I know eventually prices go up not down unless you can risk last minute. We can't book last minute as hubby can't have same time off as colleagues.
Chez2

Postby vonmike » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:55 am

Hi you can check in online and print off your documents up to 30 days before your return flight, so you could do this before you leave home unless you are going for more than 29 days.

We are going over 5th - 31st August this year. We booked last September (you do have to keep looking for a few weeks to get the best deal as it changes day to day).
vonmike

Postby Chez2 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 8:02 pm

Thanks. Shame you aren't in the same complex, we don't see many Brits. We are over there 17th to 31st August.
Chez2

Postby vonmike » Fri Jun 26, 2015 1:26 am

You will have to pop over to Holiday Fort there are quite a few Brits there throughout August.
vonmike

Postby Marto » Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:17 am

90% of the time we use Wizz air flying from Luton

We travel down from Ripley in Derbyshire

Never had a problem
Marto

Postby Linds » Sun Jul 26, 2015 3:42 pm

We have used wizz air a few times without any problems.
Next month our son and his wife are going over. Due to the problems in other parts of the world the cost of the flights
to Bourgas seem to have shot up. They have found it much cheaper to fly easy jet from Manchester to Sophia and hire a car
for a week.
Linds

Postby J&K » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:58 pm

We also use Wizz travelling from Derbyshire. Using Thomas Cook in Sept from East midlands. First time from our local airport in almost 10 years !
J&K

Postby Chez2 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:01 am

J&K wrote:We also use Wizz travelling from Derbyshire. Using Thomas Cook in Sept from East midlands. First time from our local airport in almost 10 years !

Is that a new route? When we booked we could only get Thomas Cook flights from Manchester to Bourgas. I have already booked on flight for next year but the other is too expensive at the moment. Thet might all have decided to put them up, hence considering travelling from Luton.

Linds - I doubt it would be cheaper to travel to Sophia then onwards in a car for two people. We would consider Varna at a push but not Sophia. How many hours driving is Sophia? We want a relaxing holiday, we don't want to spend most of the holiday getting there and back. I couldn't spend so long travelling anyway as I need to still run my business so need to check emails three times per day or take mobile phone calls.
Chez2

Next

Return to GENERAL