Flights from UK to Bourgas

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

Re: Flights from UK to Bourgas

Postby J&K » Mon Jul 27, 2015 9:14 am

Not sure if its a new route or not with Thomas Cook. We always look at all the usual airlines and local airpots but they are generally too expensive so end up at Luton. Ive heard Tomas Cook are doing alternative flights this year due to what happened in Tunisia but not sure if this is one of them ??
We also use Balkan from Birmingham but they seem to be flying via Bristol which is too much hassle for us with a baby.
J&K

Postby Chez2 » Mon Jul 27, 2015 11:06 am

Ive just had a look and Thomas Cook now have some flights for 2015 form EM but not next year. It wasn't an option when we booked so you are probably right.

Its usually been a smallish plane, seats three on each side. When we went in May it was 2 at each side then a about 3, 4 or 5 in the middle depending where you were on the plane (can't be sure how many). It did feel as if they had crammed more in as it was the most cramped seating I've been on.

We used Balkan for nine years and had two flights per year. The last three years they have consolidated all of them, even at August bank holiday last year. It hasn't been as bad if they told us as sometimes bt they don't always. We have asked to get on at Doncaster rather than drive to EM to fly back to Doncaster to head out to Bulgaria. We live close to Doncaster so have flown EM, Donny and Manchester.

Last year Balkan waited until a few weeks before our fight then asked us to transfer to Manchester Friday afternoon. We avoid motorways Friday afternoon/teatime so there is no way were were trying to travel to Manchester from here the Friday of a bank holiday weekend. The alternatives we were offered were Leeds/ Bradford or Humberside but both were bad flight times and expensive in taxis and weren't our chosen travel date. We asked if we could go on the Saturday flight from Manchester as there was still availability and it was cheaper anyway so we guessed not as popular or full. You would have thought we had asked for the moon on a stick! We got a really snotty email from one of the managers telling us no chance and a lot of bull. I told them the changes were too far away from our booking so I wanted a refund as per their policy. I told them I planned to book it again on their website at discount prices or with another company. After this they suddenly changed their mind. If they hadn't been so nasty in the email I wouldn't have minded. I think they forget without customers they don't have a business. Sorry to rant. :roll: :lol:
Chez2

Postby Linds » Tue Jul 28, 2015 8:58 am

The drive from Sophia is about 3 hrs 45 mins it is motorway all the way to Bourgas.
Linds

Postby Chez2 » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:48 am

Thats good to know Linds but I doubt we would use that route. Hubby has driven abroad before but isn't keen on driving in Bulgaria. We would be more likely to try Wizz Air from Luton into Bourgas. I sometimes stay in an Hotel close to Luton airport as we run our own business and I have customers in that area.
Chez2

Postby Garyjs » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:36 pm

Garyjs

Postby DianeAndIan » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:40 pm

Does anyone know if easy jet are planning to fly to Bourgas next summer?
DianeAndIan

Postby jon480 » Thu Oct 22, 2015 1:42 am

Luton to Burgas. Bristol to Sofia. With wizzair. Not branching out much. We need low cost airlines to Burgas as its getting busier every year. All seem to be going to Spain. J and j
nessabar fort beach
jon480

Previous

Return to GENERAL