Shipping parcels from the UK to your apartment

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

Shipping parcels from the UK to your apartment

Postby Chez2 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 12:16 pm

Has anyone used a courier to send anything from the UK? We have always taken things over ourselves but I'm thinking of having some curtains made to measure and sending them over. I might be able to use some of my luggage allowance but I'm not sure if they will be too heavy or bulky. Timescales will be tight, hence asking about couriers.
Chez2

Re: Shipping parcels from the UK to your apartment

Postby Bridget » Fri Jun 05, 2015 9:08 am

Hi there, I have used 'Worldwide Parcel Services' twice and never had any problems, http://www.worldwide-parcelservices.co.uk/ hope this helps.
Bridget

Postby Chez2 » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:26 pm

Thanks for your help Bridget.

Small world.......just noticed you are from Sheffield too.
Chez2

Postby dazza » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:10 pm

I fly over frequently and i am going to start a courier run if interested please pm me
dazza

Postby Chez2 » Thu Jul 16, 2015 1:59 pm

Chez2 wrote:Thanks for your help Bridget.

Small world.......just noticed you are from Sheffield too.

Many thanks Bridget. I used the courier you suggested. They were very helpful when I wasn't sure what order to type the address in when it wasn't matching up with their website. The parcels were picked up last Thursday and have been delivered today. I have been able to track every step of the way to see where they were. The parcel would have been cheap (in my opinion) had I not needed to insure them for such a high amount. I only had to do that because they were made to measure curtains.
Chez2

Postby ginger222 » Sat Jul 18, 2015 5:43 pm

How does that work then , Do they just leave it at the gate? office? surely you don't let courier have your key. If anyone from North East ever runs a courier service let me know thanks.
ginger222

Postby Chez2 » Sun Jul 19, 2015 10:23 am

ginger222 wrote:How does that work then , Do they just leave it at the gate? office? surely you don't let courier have your key. If anyone from North East ever runs a courier service let me know thanks.

You book it on line either for you to take to the depot or collect. Mine were 12 and 17kg, about suitcase size so I asked them to collect from my house. I had mine delivered to reception at our complex. Fort Noks staff are taking the parcels to our apartment. We asked if this would be possible before we arranged it. Just to be sure, we sent photos of the parcels and added our name and apartment number on a separate label on the box. You can track each time your parcel arrives and leaves another sorting depot and when it is signed for at arrival destination. Fort Noks office staff emailed us to say they had signed for our parcels too.

It is very good value if your items are bulky but not expensive. Ours were made to measure curtains so insurance doubled the price. Still good value (in our opinion) considering the speed of deliver, size and weight of the parcels.

Fort Noks have a key to our apartment and we don't rent it out. We go over ourselves soon. We could have taken the curtains as our normal luggage allowance on the flight but the insurance wouldn't cover the value of anything happened to them, hence using this courier service.

ginger222 - this courier service is worldwide so they will collect from you.
Chez2

Return to GENERAL