Paying off a Bulgarian Mortgage

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

Paying off a Bulgarian Mortgage

Postby neil&cheryl » Wed Apr 01, 2015 11:50 am

Hi, Last week I received a request to pay 300 euros within 3 days for my Bulgarian mortgage lender to assess the risk on my mortgage taken out approx. 8 years ago. Needless to say I responded that they could pay to assess their own risk. I have now decided to pay off the mortgage but other than sending the final settlement I'm not sure if I need a solicitor for any legalities, deeds or whatever. Does anyone know the procedure?
neil&cheryl

Re: Paying off a Bulgarian Mortgage

Postby Adam » Sun Apr 05, 2015 4:54 pm

Hi Neil/Cheryl,

I paid off my mortgages a couple of years ago and used a solicitor in Bourgas called Venelina Foteva. I couldn't praise her highly enough and needless to say would recommend her services. She charged very little, did a very thorough job and she was very good with communicating. I'm sure she will advice you on the legalities on your situation.

Details below...

Office Phone: 00359 56 811 875
e-mail:foteva@ftm-lawfirm.com

The website I had ftm-lawfirm.com seems to no longer be in use so I'm not sure if the firm is no longer running - I'd be interested to hear if they are still operating as I always intended to use this firm if/when I ever sell my apartments.

Adam.
Adam

Postby sean » Mon Apr 06, 2015 7:18 am

Hi Adam
Yes they are still operating and the phone number and email is the same, but no website.
Regards Sean
sean

Postby Marto » Wed May 06, 2015 10:17 am

This has got to be the number 1 priority for me while the exchange rate is at it's current level.
Onwards an upwards !
Marto :D
Marto

Return to GENERAL