Flights

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

Flights

Postby Paul and Irene » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:16 pm

Having booked our annual holiday flight for 2014 and paid what I regarded as a fair price I was supprised to see that 3 days after we booked the price of the same flight it rose by a whopping £138 per person. It seems obvious now that the airlines are attempting to price out the flight only's in favour of the package hols etc to generate more revenue which as an appartment owner find very frusrating, after all on an individuall basis (which I know they woudn't consider) our cash contributions to revenue over time greatly exceeds that of a once/twice in a lifetime package holiday maker. So come on Thomas Cook/ Thomsonfly if you read the BB's give us a chance. Any views.

Paul.
Paul and Irene

Re: Flights

Postby ginger222 » Fri Oct 04, 2013 3:22 pm

Hi Paul, I found that happening with Thomas Cook, I had been looking for a flight for May/June and spotted one at £452 +£88 for cases but my new card had not come so was not able to book it, next day my card came and when I went to book the same flight it had gone up to £644 +£88 for cases a total of £732, needless to say I did not book that one and had to get a different date. I would have preferred to go when I wanted but price forced me to alter my dates. Its bad enough they have hiked up the price of cases from £32 each way for 2 people a total of £64 now £88, I know they have been down to rock bottom and are clawing there way back up but I feel the price of flights to be ridiculous. Balkan are not any better they wanted £650 and it is only going to get worse I fear
ginger222

Return to GENERAL