evacuation of uk

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

evacuation of uk

Postby Bill & Charlie Burns » Thu May 09, 2013 6:01 am

Well here we are again, into day 3 of trip so thought I would write something about it. After many months of do we dont we, can we can't we, we decided to load up last week to leave last Tuesday, trouble is we have moved and don't have a garage or storage any more so car has been unloaded and loaded so many times even we forgot what we have to take, anyway with some hel from ffriends we load up for the off on Tuesday morning armed with new satnav, on the 05.30 euro train, off we set at 04.30 forgetting we only live 12 miles from it now and arrive to early, but at least we're there and front of queue. Get loaded and journey starts when we hit France satnav all programmed in with hotels etc, traffic bit heavy through France due to time of day but go well until we hit Belgium. Traffic at a stand still near Brussels and traffic master kicks in with diversion, lets try out our new satnav we have time i said so off we go through the centre of Brussels. Not a good idea still were in it now so let's see what's going too happen, I st it for shortest and quickest route, next thing we are in a under ground car park, what the xxx have we done!!! It then sends us through the car park onto a slip road for the motor way. Bloody good route but hair raising and wouldn't do it again in a hurry. Rest of journey to limburg in Germany pretty uneventful. Good news fuel is 20p cheaper than UK. Arrive at first hotel at around 13.00 after a slight diversion as Charlie decided to have a argument with the satnav. Hotel very nice and the give us a secure garage for the night to park car, upto room and fell straight to sleep for few hours, God hate getting old was a time i would have gone straight to the bar. Uneventful evening had few beers and meal then off to bedfor the start of a 500+ journey to next hotel in Austria. Get up have breakfast and we're off weather great and both of us feeling pretty good. Journey down stopping and starting with police in there hundreds every where dont know what was happening but added about 1hr on journey with a few rolling road blocks thrown in, as always we found things too make us laugh on the journey with charlie ever saying the wrong thing at the right moment or just us being daft as usual. Must say once we got into Austria it is out of this world and one day will spend some time here although fuel is more than uk. Arrive at 16. 00 and book into hotel, been here before and have a very nice room we unload and hit the bar whilst a thunder storm stops. Hit the bar I nearly hit the floor. 2 small beers (dont do large) and 2 cokes 12 € we want to stay here not buy it I says to the waiter. Luckily rain stops and we hhit the town. Must say stunning we walk over a what is normally a slow moving river to one that makes you feel sick as its moving so fast, apparently they have had some above normal temperature and snow has melted faster than normal. Anyway we find a nice street barfor a few beers and food. Asparagus soup to die for main course. Then back to hotel and bed, fell asleep almost instantly at around 20.00 the only problem wide awake at 03.30 so best time to do emails etc. Today we head for Croatia about 300 mile drive to a hotel in a winnery used it a couple of times already and love. Keith and Joe have now stayed there so just hope they let us back, bettersstill hope they've left a few quid behind bar for us !!!!! No harm in dreaming. So thats it upto date and only 2 more sleeps and the FN we have arrived. Will complet once we arrive at hotel subject to wifi if anyone's inersted. If not I'll write it anyway to pass the time whilst charlies snores
Bill & Charlie Burns

Re: evacuation of uk

Postby wanderer » Sun May 12, 2013 6:50 pm

hi bill how much does it cost in petrol and ferry fees to drive over to sunny beach
wanderer

Postby bulgariagetaway » Fri May 31, 2013 12:09 am

Hi Bill you never told us if you reached Bulgaria or did you not get away from Croatia after Keith was there probably left you the bill for his stay ha ha.
bulgariagetaway

Postby Bill & Charlie Burns » Fri May 31, 2013 4:18 am

Yer sorry about that, did post one but did not go through, then forgot to repost.croatia was great and they have now started a pool night for Keith and the boys on there return.
Bill & Charlie Burns

Postby Marto » Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:38 am

:D
Marto

Postby Marto » Thu May 21, 2015 9:08 am

Hi Bill & Charlie,

Are you still owners out in Bulgaria ?

These boards seem to get quieter each year 8)

Marto
Marto

Return to GENERAL