Possible scam

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

Possible scam

Postby brunkie » Mon Jul 26, 2010 5:56 pm

Hi,

I got the following e-mail recently (pasted below). Does it look fishy to anyone else? Also I have my notary deeds and bulstat card in my pocession, which were stored in nessebar so it is a very strange email. Possible scam?

Dear Sirs,

With the present e-mail we would like to inform you that we cannot take any longer responsibility to keep your original notary deed/ s/ and Bulstat cards in our records in Bansko and Varna. In the last few months, a lot of burglaries in offices and afterwards abuses of personal data and, especially in the region of Bansko have occurred !

In order to avoid eventual future problems and to protect your interests we have decided to offer you two options:

1/ to courier your original documents to your home address through DHL, FedEx or equivalent against the fee of 60 Euros

2/ to storage your documents in a new secure safe against the annual fee of 30 Euros.

We urge you to inform us which of the options you go for, so that we can proceed ASAP :

You can transfer the sum for any of these options, through Western Union or Money Gram to :

VLADIMIR IVANOV IVANOV,
Personal number 7610011141, ID card № 110280961/ 01.12.2000,
issued by Ministry of Internal Affairs – city of Varna,
permanent address of residence: Varna, 31 Struga Str., Fl. 2, Apt.70

On sending the funds, please inform us of the sender's full names, address and the 10-digit control number of the transfer.

Please ignore the present e-mail if you have already collected your notary deed from our offices or received it by courier.

We are looking forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Vladimir Ivanov
Attorney-At-Law
brunkie

Re: Possible scam

Postby jenny » Mon Jul 26, 2010 7:43 pm

in my line of work i send moneygrams for people and this definately sounds dodgy.. :x DONT ever send money to anyone if you dont know them!! and with these 2 companys they get the money in 10 mins
thanks for letting us no :)
jenny

Return to GENERAL