AIRPORT TRANSFERS

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

AIRPORT TRANSFERS

Postby L & L » Tue May 25, 2010 8:17 pm

Hi All,

Just got back to Ireland today having been over for five days. We had a great time despite a few showers and very little being open in Crown. We used Jollys Apartment Services for our Airport transfers and I would like to recommend them to anyone going over this Summer. They have very good rates and their English speaking so they can advise you on which places are hot or not for food etc. Their very reliable and on the way to the Apartment from the Airport Alison ( the driver ) went out of her way to bring us to a supermarket to get some necessary supplies for the Apartment. This was much apprecieated.
See you again in July.

L & L
L & L

Re: AIRPORT TRANSFERS

Postby Rita M » Thu May 27, 2010 2:25 pm

Some friends of ours used Jollys a couple of weeks ago, although they were met on time they found it rather nerve racking being transfered in a Right Hand Drive vehicle, They did ask if they had a Left Hand Drive vehicle that they could use for the return journey but were told they only have Right Hand Drive. Have to agree with them would not be happy being transferred in a RHD vehicle.
Rita M

Postby GER AND MIKE » Thu May 27, 2010 2:44 pm

surely the main thing is to arrive safely, we have used jollys in the past and will again this year, they are very careful drivers not like a taxi driver we had once who played chicken all the way from the airport.
GER AND MIKE

Postby Rita M » Thu May 27, 2010 5:05 pm

They did not say that they were bad drivers they just said they did not like being in a RHD vehicle, being the passenger is the one that is first when you pull out to overtake. How can the driver be observing the flow of traffic when he is unable to see and have full visability in front of him which is what happens in a RHD vehicle. I agree there are some pretty mad taxi drivers and drivers out there, which is also why they were unhappy being in a RHD vehicle.
Rita M

Postby panorama » Thu May 27, 2010 6:04 pm

Hi Guys,
I don't want to sound unsympathetic but you are in a foreign country and not driving down Fulham High Road. Did you happen to notice what side of the road they were driving on? Do you ever travel on local busses in Bulgaria? i think they may also be LHD. Please have confidence in your driver and enjoy your holiday!!
panorama

Postby Rita M » Thu May 27, 2010 9:45 pm

Panorama how right you are Bulgaria is LHD vehicles not RHD even though some drivers dont know which side of the road they are supposed to be on. Me think I will take my chances in a LHD and not a RHD. As the saying goes be careful out there, so dont think I will take the chance in a RHD.
Rita M

Postby neil&cheryl » Fri May 28, 2010 1:00 am

Having driven all over Europe including the centre of Rome in a RHD vehicle, I don't really see the problem. Ok I agree overtaking can be more difficult, but with the amount of cars I've seen on the road from the Airport at Bourgas,I just don't see the need for any fuss, unless your a poor passenger anyway.

What is the cost for transferring to and from Crown.
neil&cheryl

Postby L & L » Fri May 28, 2010 9:05 am

Hi again,

I can tell you that my wife and I would feel safer with Jollies anyday other than some of the lunatics who think their in a grand prix.
Anyway return to Crown is 60 Euro.

L & L
L & L

Postby micknaly » Fri May 28, 2010 9:24 am

Hi Neil & Cheryl

We charge 60 leva one way from Bourgas airport to Crown (1-4 passengers & 90 leva 5-8 passengers)

Cheers

Alison & Mike
micknaly

Postby Rita M » Fri May 28, 2010 2:47 pm

Thank you for all your postive feedback maybe it was just my friends that did not feel comfortable in a RHD vehicle. I do have one other question, if you have a RHD vehicle and its on UK plates, which I believe Jollys are, is your public liabilities insurance to carry fare paying passengers with a UK company or with a Bulgarian one. Sorry to have to ask so many questions but I do need to know that everything is legal before I book.
Rita M

Postby micknaly » Fri May 28, 2010 5:03 pm

Hi Rita

Both our vehicles are fully insured with public liability insurance to carry fare paying passengers, sorry but can't see what difference it makes to whether it's with a UK insurance company or Bulgarian one as long as it is adequately insured.

Regards

Alison Mike
micknaly

Postby Charlie&Elaine » Sat May 29, 2010 12:01 am

Hi

If anyone wishes to use the services of a very good Bulgarian family taxi co. who speak very good english, and are very helpfull, we recomend Julia, 00359899615119. you can book them by texting. They were charging 50 Lev each way last year. :) :) :)
Charlie & Elaine
Charlie&Elaine

Postby panorama » Sun May 30, 2010 1:40 pm

Hi Everybody,
Does anybody know of a company/person that does airport transfers from Bourgas to Grand Resort that caters for disabled people? We need a vehicle that has wheelchair access for a person that is totally dependant on her wheelchair, we would be most grateful for any information that anybody may have.
Regards.
panorama

Postby June » Sun May 30, 2010 2:09 pm

Hi Panorama, we offer this service we have a ramp and clamping within the vehicle for a wheelchair so that the person can travel in the wheelchair, if we can help please email me

BIB Services.com
email bibservices@yahoo.co.uk
BIB Services The complete service
June

Postby panorama » Mon May 31, 2010 11:27 am

Hi June,
That's great news, i will e-mail you with flight details later today when i get back home.
Cheers.
panorama

Return to GENERAL