Internet

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

Internet

Postby Adam » Sun May 23, 2010 2:22 pm

Can anyone please give me any advice on having an internet connection installed in my apartment.

FN Services page has these fees listed...

Internet:
Modem and initial fee 80.00 EURO
Annual fee for telephone number subscription /once/ 72.00 EURO

I can see it is 80 euros to have the modem installed and the initial fee. Is the 72 euro annual fee for the telephone number subscription needed or is this purely for use of a telephone? Also, is there then a monthly/annual fee for the internet or is it dial up connection and therefore you pay for what you use?

Thanks,
Adam.
Adam

Re: Internet

Postby yorkie » Sun May 23, 2010 11:18 pm

Hi Adam,

I think most, if not all of the Fort Noks complexes offer Wi-fi which does not require an installation/connection charge. Unfortunately, we paid for modem/installation last year with wi-fi only being introduced this year. The FN website is not up to date with this information or the costs which are on a pay-as-you-need basis. You should be able to get further informaion from your complex manager. You might get confused by the speeds on offer as we did (and still do) but if your needs are fairly basic and you will not be down-loading or up-loading large files, you should be able to get away with the slowest/cheapest on offer. If in doubt, try to get the advise of a techy :D :D

As for a telephone connection, we have used skype for the past few years and found it to be very reliable although if you want to be able to receive calls from others, you might find it more convenient to have a phone line installed. You don't need the phone line for internet access.

Hope this helps.

Brian
yorkie

Re: Internet

Postby dazza » Tue May 25, 2010 12:21 pm

hi brian

well i tried the globul dongle and it dowent work nfc said there internet was no good the best advice i got was from julia a taxi driver over there she mentioned the best way to get it was through the cable tv and telephone company i think v ??
dazza

Return to GENERAL