Clean Up Our Complexes!

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

Clean Up Our Complexes!

Postby TFIDave » Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:44 pm

I visited Nessebar Fort Club 3 times last year and feel compelled to say that I am far from impressed with the maintenance and condition of our complex and the external maintenance that is now required. After such a short time, Nessebar Fort Club is starting to look a little shabby.

After speaking to Owners from various complexes, particularly Privilege it seems that all Owners with Fort Noks are facing the same problems. I visited NFC in April, July and September 2009, to find that most of the lighting on the complex was switched off. My pregnant daughter visited with me on one occassion, nearly tripped and fell over due to no lighting and uneven or damaged slabs, NOT GOOD ENOUGH!

I have also noticed that the external walls to the buildings are rapidly becomming discoloured and the metal railings are rapidly becomming severely rusted on ground and 1st floor levels due to the water sprinklers. Within the communal areas of each building I have noticed that the windows on staircases when opened have caused holes in the walls through lack of window/door stoppers being installed.

After completion of the complex in December 2007, it was obvious that although most of the facilities stated on the sales literature have been delivered, there are still facilities that have never appeared, 3 restaurants, a Vienna Cafe etc.

All Owners purchased their property at an agreed maintenance charge, however, Fort Noks were very quick to almost double that charge without any consideration or communication to the Owners, but maintenance problems to the complexes never seem to get resolved. I for one have 2 apartments, which I purchased for a short term investment, due to market conditions I now find myself locked into a long term investment and I am deeply concerned about the condition of the complex long term, with the view to selling.

It would be a step in the right direction for Fort Noks to notify us in advance and ackowledge our comments with regards to any changes they intend to make, this would include payments for utilities and maintenance charges. Unfortunately it has to be said that as Fort Noks tend to ignore Owners and fail to communicate with Owners it does feel that there is a lack of respect rather than a mutual respect which creates a bad and unco-operative long term business relationship, After all we have invested large sums of money with this company and continue to pay on an annual basis.

In most cases, Maintenance charges for Fort Noks property are now more expensive than Spanish property, please re-invest some of these funds and take care of our property investments or at least offer the option of buying back the property at the price we paid as you are unable to deliver your side of the agreement.

I do believe Fort Noks as a company are indeed a good trading company, but all companies can improve on business relations, particularly when in the long term they are reliant on our payments.
TFIDave

Re: Clean Up Our Complexes!

Postby finbarrk » Sat Jan 23, 2010 7:30 pm

I don't know how many times I requested the lighting in the inner part of the complex to be repaired but it didn't seem to work anyway. That was last June, maybe it works now.
finbarrk

Postby TFIDave » Sun Jan 24, 2010 1:03 am

If each Fort Noks complex has an average of 400 apartments all paying €10 per sq metre, per annum, based on an average sized apartment of 67 square metres the total annual maintenance charges collected from owners would be estimated around €268,000!

The only visible signs of maintenance on Nessebar Fort Club is grass cutting and pool maintenance. The security guards are nearly always asleep, the car park at the front is a complete mess, in fact, after a detailed inspection of the complex I would suggest the list would go on and on.

I admit some of the maintenance requirements are niggly inexpensive jobs, so why do they not get them done? My terrace railings are rapidly decaying through rust due to the sprinklers, along with the air con unit on the outside wall. It would seem that the rise in maintenance payments was for increased profits not for increased service!
TFIDave

Postby Andy&Kaz » Mon Jan 25, 2010 1:10 pm

Couldnt agree with you more !
I know one apartment owner has been requesting for some time to have a look at the accounts to see how exactly the maintenance fee is spent - something which Fortnoks are legally obliged to show an owner if requested - and he has been refused - all we want to see where is this money going ? Is that to much to ask ? Is there anyone who knows a solicitor so we can consult them about how we progress with this ?
Andy&Kaz

Postby TFIDave » Mon Jan 25, 2010 3:56 pm

The issue over maintenance charges and maintenance services are both becomming very serious issues. I really do believe that the efforts made by Fort Noks to work and communicate with the owners could be greatly improved which would, as a result, build trust, confidence and co-operation between both parties.

The fact that Fort Noks have instigated changes without any prior notfication or discussions with the owners demonstrates how important it is to establish a community and representation for that community.

I for one, am extremely worried that Fort Noks have increased the maintenance charge to such a degree and fail to offer the services that the charges are paid for. How do we trust Fort Noks not to continually raise the maintenance fees each time a contract between them and the Owners expire? My preliminary contract states one annual maintenance rate, then immediately after signing at the Notary they gave me another contract with rates that almost doubled! Whats that all about?

If Fort Noks continues to squeeze us for more and more fees, I think I will just lock up the apartments, just get a package holiday to Sunny Beach and never use them again while attempting to sell. then we will both loose out and I will save a packet, as package holidays are in most cases are cheaper than direct flights.
TFIDave

Return to GENERAL