Owners Beware.

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

Re: Owners Beware.

Postby K&J » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:32 am

Hi all

We too have had things taken from our apartment :( last year it was a new torch (we needed to walk around the sometimes v dark complex) and this year was a list of things including full jar of coffee, shampoo, conditioner, nail varnish x 3, nail varnish remover, hand soap, lip sticks, shower gel ... its really annoying not least because someone has been in your home un-invited and been though your personnal things but because you have to go out shopping for things you thought you didn't need to pack!

When we where there this sept someone knocked on the door v early one morning whilst we were still in bed, took us a few mins to throw some clothes on and in that time someone put a key in the door and tried to unlock it (luckily we'd left our key on the inside so they couldn't unlock it) when we opened the door a Bulgarian work chap was there with a huge ring full of keys! and he said he was just wanting to let us know there would be some noise from drilling in the apartment opp ours!! If he thought no one was in our app why would he let himself in :?: :?: and WHO gave him our keys :?: :?: :?: I asked at the office and they wern't intrested and shrugged there shoulders they couldn't care less.

To finish on a happier note, i'd just like to say we love our app and love going on hols to Bulgaria but would feel so much better if we new it was being looked after whilst we are not there. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE FN can you reassure us? PLEASE.......
K&J

Postby charlie&pat » Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:09 pm

sean&di from sawone services offer a key minding service and check your apartment once a week for people who dont want a full management service ie just using the apartment yourself very reasonable and honest also will change lock so nobody can get in
charlie&pat

Postby Barry Aspden » Thu Dec 10, 2009 3:55 pm

Hi,
I’m not sure about other Fortnoks built complexes, but on Privilege Fort Beach the digital key pads at the entrance to each block of apartments have never been connected. If they were then this would prevent any opportunist from gaining entry to the apartment blocks. Then, only individuals issued with the code and key to an apartment can gain access to an apartment. As in many apartment blocks/gated communities in the UK the code is changed periodically.
It is in the interest of Fortnoks to tighten up their 24/7 security on all complexes and to be significantly more accountable for any/all transgressions.
Barry
Barry Aspden

Postby greg » Fri Dec 11, 2009 5:32 pm

Regarding security , i returned from a short stay two weeks ago, and i think we were the only ones on the complex. The pools were full of stagnent smelly water ,covered in leafs,There wasnt 1 light on anyone could have easily fallen in one of the pools,. There was a dirty brown mark around the level of the water,why on earth they dont empty them i dont know.The man at the gate was asleep and the gate unlocked. I have a magnetic card but never used it once.
Anyone could walk into the complex at night and have a good look round. I walked around the perimetre fencing late one night , there were no lights on ,pitch black, not even on the main road that fort noks errected. I looked in one or two apartments to see how many are empty, and even though there are security cameras , i was never challenged.
greg

Postby SpudHead » Thu Dec 17, 2009 2:13 pm

you could put a hidden webcam in your apartment that you can access from any computer in the world.

Thats what i intend to do.
SpudHead

Postby Andy&Kaz » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:07 pm

Ooooh thats a good one Spud Head !
Where you getting yours from ?
Andy&Kaz

Postby SpudHead » Thu Dec 17, 2009 3:25 pm

i already have one

you can get them from ebay - just search for spy cam
SpudHead

Postby Linda Lyons » Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:50 pm

I have spoken at lenth with FN'S and all issues raised here,firstly regarding apts being used,i have been told that the only reason for items etc.being disturbed is FN are simply returning personal items belonging to the owners after the rental season,they are also going to look into having the actual blocks being locked for extra security,i have also discussed my and owners concerns in relation to the security guards or should i say the lack of, as they either are not there,asleep or when there do not inforce the rule that we should have a gated complex and therefore have to use our swipe cards,FN'S have assured me that they are equally concerned with this problem and are going to speak with the company concerned that provides this service.

Regarding the pools and the stagnent water,this water has to be left in the pools until the temps rise otherwise the ice causes severe and costly damage to them,on a nicer note FN'S have lowered the rent on the bar/resteurant and the knock on effect hopefully will be better prices and choice.
Linda Lyons

Postby K&J » Thu Dec 31, 2009 12:06 am

we don't rent our apartment out so still doesn't explain our "missing" belongings, but well done Linda, at least we have a bit of good news - Thanks for the up date. :)
K&J

Postby Linda Lyons » Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:41 pm

Hi K&J, sorry to hear that, what FN'S said doesn't apply in your case,i would find that unacceptable as would most people,i wouldn't like to think someone was snooping around our apt.let alone taking personnel items,so i would like to know now from FNS why they gave me misinformation,all i can say K&J,i hope that was a one off,which was one too many and that FNS will prove their creditability which they expressed when i spoke to them about this very serious issue,we would all like to think OUR HOMES in the sun,which we are all proud of,would stay just that!

Anyway it'll soon be next year and then count down to the hols,can't wait!!!!
Linda Lyons

Postby K&J » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:38 pm

Just had an email from FN who suggest that we have our locks changed.
Does anyone know a company over there who could get this done soon? An email address would be great.

Thanks all
K&J

Postby Garyjs » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:54 pm

Garyjs

Previous

Return to GENERAL