notary fees yet again

Share information and opinions even not related with a particular development.

notary fees yet again

Postby simon and kate » Thu Aug 13, 2009 12:06 pm

just out of interest, how much did everyone pay to sign the notary papers?

we have been quoted

- 258.28E - municipal taxes 09
- 30E - service fee 09/2010
-1200E - notary taxes
- 25E- translator

is this about right?
simon and kate

Re: notary fees yet again

Postby Barry Aspden » Thu Aug 13, 2009 3:47 pm

Hi Simon,
Text below from my management company regarding Municipal Tax for my 2 bed (100s/m) apartment. Suggest you query the amount or pay your tax directly.

Hi Barry
The cost that F/N gave was 135 Euro aprox 264.0 Lev
The actual cost from the Council for 2009-2010 161.26 Lev
saving 102.77 Lev

Good luck
Barry
www.bulgariagetaways.com
Barry Aspden

Postby mimirai76 » Fri Aug 14, 2009 1:45 pm

Yes,

pay directly to the Council, will save a lot of money. A letter should be sent directly to you with the cost but I always wondered where the letters are going. So I gave the council the address of my parents (they live in Bulgaria) and I always know what the real cost is, so I've been paying directly to the council.

Mariya
mimirai76

Postby simon and kate » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:14 pm

thanks but its the notary taxes we are wondering about
simon and kate

Postby BWFC » Mon Aug 17, 2009 12:15 pm

simon and kate - it will depend on the size of your apartment how much the notary taxes are.
i have a small studio apartment my notary taxes were €554. i paid them oct 08
i think the fees have increased in 2009.
what u need to know is if someone with the same size apartment has paid theirs what they paid then you can work it out.
BWFC

Postby simon and kate » Mon Aug 17, 2009 3:21 pm

BWFC wrote:simon and kate - it will depend on the size of your apartment how much the notary taxes are.
i have a small studio apartment my notary taxes were €554. i paid them oct 08
i think the fees have increased in 2009.
what u need to know is if someone with the same size apartment has paid theirs what they paid then you can work it out.

thanks, we have a 1 bed apartment, I just think the 1500 euros is a bit high tbh
simon and kate

Municipal taxes

Postby greg » Mon Aug 17, 2009 4:23 pm

Please can anyone tell me how i can pay my municipal taxes direct to the council instead of FN as it appears they may be over charging us. :(
greg

Postby BWFC » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:38 am

simon and kate - i think €1500 is over the top i would question that . one piece of advise i would give you is dont employ a solicitor because fortnoks draft all the paperwork your solicitor does nothing and picks up his fee. i did not have one but the people who went to the notary the same day as me were so dissapointed because their solicitor did nothing because their is nothing to do fortnoks solicitors do it all.
BWFC

Postby BWFC » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:52 am

greg - you can pay your council taxes at the council offices in nessebar. get on the bus to nessebar when it turns left at the roundabout get off the bus opposite the panorama hotel walk past the hollywood bar onto that street just before you come to the bank on the right hand side turn right go down that street for about 300 mt the council offices are on the right signposted in english. you can get one of the british management companys to pay it for you they charge about £15
BWFC

Postby greg » Tue Aug 18, 2009 3:16 pm

Hi thanks for the info, but i only get accross once a year in the summer . its due about spring time i think. do you know of an address i can send it to ,or any other way.Do i have to get in touch with fort noks and tell them that i want the bill to be sent direct to me.
greg

Postby simon and kate » Tue Aug 18, 2009 4:06 pm

BWFC wrote:simon and kate - i think €1500 is over the top i would question that . one piece of advise i would give you is dont employ a solicitor because fortnoks draft all the paperwork your solicitor does nothing and picks up his fee. i did not have one but the people who went to the notary the same day as me were so dissapointed because their solicitor did nothing because their is nothing to do fortnoks solicitors do it all.

we will be going over in a few weeks to sign, so no solicitor is needed. A friend has told me something about fort noks paying half? she told me to have a look at our contract but I can't see anything in there about signing the notary.
simon and kate

Postby BWFC » Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:23 pm

one of the british management companys will pay it for you. i have my insurance through one of these companys S+P and they pay council tax for you they charge about £12 you will find them on this forum.
BWFC

Postby Garyjs » Thu Aug 20, 2009 8:36 am

You may want to pay you Municipal Tax to the council

But Fortnoks will probably not let you, as they would rather you pay them at 3.5 times the going rate

We had to pay 515 Euros for 2 years Municipal Tax

My advice, is take more money than you think you will need

Gary
Garyjs

Postby BWFC » Thu Aug 20, 2009 2:24 pm

if you are goin to sign the notary this year 2009 fortnoks will have paid your council but next year you will be able to pay it yourself. garyjs - if you had completed the notary in 2008 you would of been able to pay yourself for 2009
BWFC

Postby Garyjs » Thu Aug 20, 2009 3:24 pm

Garyjs wrote:garyjs - if you had completed the notary in 2008 you would of been able to pay yourself for 2009

Yep but we completed the Notary in 2009 when we collected the key, & wanted to pay 2009 at the proper rate, instead we were forced to pay 2008 & 2009 at the rip off rate. Nice :?

Gary
Garyjs

Next

Return to GENERAL