fees

fees

Postby kimmick » Mon May 11, 2009 8:11 pm

Can anyone inform me of fees they have paid to fortnoks holiday fort complex, for our maintenance we are been charged 631,20 euros from june 1st for a year, 252,48 for municipal 2009 we have purchased a one bed apartment the maintenance appears high

thanks kim, mick
kimmick

Re: fees

Postby thumbsup » Mon May 11, 2009 11:45 pm

Hi Kim & Mick

We have purchased at HFC and were informed these would be the fees.

We've paid the final installment but not yet signed at the notary = I'm a bit confused as to when we pay these fees?

Are these only payable if you have the deeds or would be asked to pay regardless? I hope not..... really struggled to pay the final installment and am hoping I can defer this for as long as possible (realistically at least until Summer 2010).

Thanks in anticipation of your reply.
thumbsup

Postby BWFC » Tue May 12, 2009 2:03 am

thumbsup - you want to sign the notary this year because you will get your bullstat card to pay your municipal council tax it will only be about 80 lev. but if you dont sign this year you will be charged about €250. by fortnoks.
BWFC

Postby chris&mick » Tue May 12, 2009 8:41 am

When we purchased we were told fees were around 8euros per sq mtr but i notice on the website this is now showing as 10euros per sq mtr. This should give you an idea as to whether you have been charged correctly. Originally we were also told that if you paid a couple of years in advance there would be a discount but I cannot see any mention of this now.
We havnt received our bill yet, despite several emails asking for an indication as to how much it will be . Like everyone else at the moment we need to budget for this.
chris&mick

Postby mkr » Tue May 12, 2009 1:36 pm

Hi,we paid/signed notary last week.10euro per sq m is inclusive of vat.This is the total.Also the discount for paying your maintenance up front for 3 or 5 years is still in place,just email Teodor for confirmation of which deal you require.Due to the poor exchange rate of the euro we decided against paying for more than 1 year,but who knows where the euro will go next!
mkr

Postby Suey » Wed May 13, 2009 11:51 pm

I emailed Fortnoks to ask for our maintenance fees which are due on the 1st June.

Two Bed Apartment
Maintenance tax - 779,20 euro
Municipal tax - 311,68 euro
Service fee - 30,00 euro

Can any one explain why the Municipal Tax is so high?
What is the service fee for?

Suey
Suey

Postby ptoner » Thu May 14, 2009 12:13 am

Hi Suey

Service charge is for reading and paying your water and electric meters on your behalf

There has been other forum entries on why the municipal tax is so high - it should be 3.5 times lower once you have signed the Notary and "own" the apartment yourself rather than it being on Fort Noks ownership.....

See thread below where ADMIN explained

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=511&p=3790&hilit=Municipal+tax#p3790

Most of the apartments are under the Fort Noks name which, being a company as per Bulgarian legislation, is charged higher in comparison if the apartments were on clients' names.
So, if you transfer ownership by signing title of deeds you will be obliged to pay approximately 3.5 times less municipal taxes than now for 2008.
ptoner

Postby aroberts » Thu May 14, 2009 12:48 pm

One thing I did read in one of the forums was the amount the maintenance fees went up over the last few years - as below from admin explaining why the maintenance fees went up.

The total area of the apartment ( in your case ap. 89 - 78.51 sq. m. ) multiply by 6.45 EUR multiply 1.2 VAT :

In 2007 - you have paid your taxes with discount - 5.70 EUR *78.51 *1.2 = 537.00 EUR
In 2008 - you haven't pay with discount, because we didn't give discounts - 6.45 EUR *78.51 *1.2 = 607.67 EUR
In 2009 - we have increase the tax with 21 % during the inflation in the country for the last two years . - 7.80 *1.2 *78.51 = 734.85 EUR

Although you mention the euro being bad - one thing to consider is the amount the maintenance fees can go up over the next few years and you have no control over it.

With this in mind maybe worth considering paying in advance to stop the esclating costs in the years to come

I'm not sure how often the fees would go up - I've read every two years in line with Bulgarian inflation- can anyone confirm this

thanks

Andrew
aroberts

Postby kimmick » Sat May 16, 2009 12:40 am

thumbsup wrote:Hi Kim & Mick

We have purchased at HFC and were informed these would be the fees.

We've paid the final installment but not yet signed at the notary = I'm a bit confused as to when we pay these fees?

Are these only payable if you have the deeds or would be asked to pay regardless? I hope not..... really struggled to pay the final installment and am hoping I can defer this for as long as possible (realistically at least until Summer 2010).

Thanks in anticipation of your reply.
we have not paid our final installment it is due 2010 but told by Teodor fort noks these payments are due now we are going over in may we need to find out more. kim mick
kimmick

Postby chris&mick » Sat May 16, 2009 4:25 pm

Hi
We also have a contract that states we can pay our final payment by Dec 09 . We are going over next week to stay in the apt. Our understanding is that we can now use the apt as our own despite still owing the final payment and that our fees are due on 1st June. We have not yet received an invoice but when I emailed Teodor he sent me details of how much we had to pay.
Chris & Mick
chris&mick

Postby kimmick » Sat May 16, 2009 5:54 pm

chris&mick wrote:Hi
We also have a contract that states we can pay our final payment by Dec 09 . We are going over next week to stay in the apt. Our understanding is that we can now use the apt as our own despite still owing the final payment and that our fees are due on 1st June. We have not yet received an invoice but when I emailed Teodor he sent me details of how much we had to pay.
Chris & Mick

Chris and Mick have you got to pay maintence fees taxs ect when you go next week, we are flying out there in may Teodor has stated we could pay him then, some people on the forum have paid full installments and have not recieved payment for taxs ect. :?:
kimmick

Postby Suey » Mon May 18, 2009 10:36 pm

I am hearing that if you do not pay your maintenance fees by the requested date, you will be charged 5% interests per day on the full amount which is a lot of money. Can anyone conirm this.

Suey
Suey

Postby BWFC » Tue May 19, 2009 1:39 am

suey - that is right but only after you have got your final contract ie deeds. so if you have not signed the notary yet i wont apply to you
BWFC

Postby thumbsup » Thu May 21, 2009 5:59 pm

Thank you everybody for your comments. We have decided to fly out in July. I emailed Teodor and have confirmed we will pay our maintenence fees before the signing at the Notary when we visit. I just want to sort all the payments & get it over and done with .... have been stressing especially since reading that if fees not paid then 5% daily interest!
Our apartment is not furnished so we will need a place to stay! What is the best option? I have enquired at Fort Noks about renting at either HFC or NFC. They charge 40euros for a 2bed per night, or 30euros per night for a 1 bed apartment. Or are there any good hotels nearby? We would be travelling with 2 children aged 3 & 4, and would also appreciate any tips on where to shop/eat.
thumbsup

Return to HOLIDAY & ORCHID FORT GOLF CLUB