Economic Downturn

Economic Downturn

Postby tocool4uk2 » Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:00 pm

Is anyone else finding it hard to purchase with the economic downturn?
tocool4uk2

Re: Economic Downturn

Postby kayandbilly » Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:41 pm

We cant raise the rest of the money we owe for our apartment, we have tried to contact fortnoks to downsize to a studio from a 2 bedroom apartment, but they have said they cannot do this for us and we have already paid 29000 euros. We just dont know what to do, any suggestions anyone.
kayandbilly

Postby BWFC » Thu Mar 26, 2009 9:39 pm

i cannot understand that they were willing to let me upgrade to a larger studio than what i had so you should be able to downgrade.
BWFC

Postby kayandbilly » Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:49 pm

Hi BWFC
Yes we cant understand this either, we thought it would be better to keep our business whether a small studio or 2 bed apartment.
kayandbilly

Postby Charlie&Elaine » Thu Mar 26, 2009 11:42 pm

Hi Kay & Billy

Sorry to hear of your plight, but have you looked at the mortgage FN have arranged, its under mortgages at the top of the home page. If there is no penalty for paying it off early it may be a short or medium term solution. Keep our fingers crossed for you.
Charlie & Elaine NFC
Charlie & Elaine
Charlie&Elaine

Postby kayandbilly » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:38 am

Hi Charlie and Elaine
thank you for your advice
kayandbilly

Postby aroberts » Sat Mar 28, 2009 9:47 am

One thing you could do is ask to keep your money you've paid so far for an apartment they build in the future - I thought I couldn't raise the funds at one point and this was one of the things they offered me. They wouldn't let me down size either, or return money so far - they offered to keep my money for future complex apartments - at least you don't lose your money totally

thanks
aroberts

Postby kayandbilly » Mon Mar 30, 2009 8:28 am

Hi aroberts
contacted Teodor at fortnoks and he has emailed me to say that he can hold my money but to spend it with them i have to buy an apartment in the future equal or above of the 2 bed i was buying and of equal measurements or above. I am glad they will hold it but in the future something of equal measurements is going to cost more and i dont know if i will ever be able to afford it, i just wish they would let me downgrade to a studio. This is so stessful for us at the moment.
kayandbilly

Postby zulla » Mon Mar 30, 2009 4:33 pm

KayandBilly, what about seeing if anyone on site wants to exchange you,perhaps someone has bought a studio and now wants a larger place,and then a least you could put your problem to rest,i do hope something works out for you
zulla

Postby kayandbilly » Mon Mar 30, 2009 10:03 pm

Hi Zulla

Will put a post on the forum its worth a try. Thanks for the message, will let you know if we have any luck.
thanks Kay
kayandbilly

Postby tocool4uk2 » Mon Apr 20, 2009 8:29 pm

Hi everyone.

We are in the same situation. If they will hold the money for you you may never see it again. I would like everyone who wants out of their investment to get together and approach fort noks together. Maybe we will do better?

What do you think?
tocool4uk2

Postby kayandbilly » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:18 pm

HI tocool4uk2

We agree with you about the money being kept by fortnoks. If you have any suggestions how we can get out of the contract with fortnoks, we are open to any ideas. There must be more than 2 people in this situation with the state of the economy at the moment.
thanks
kayandbilly

Postby kayandbilly » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:49 pm

Hi tocool4uk2
Its been a long time since we have heard anything regarding fortnoks. Have you got anywhere with your situation? We havent heard anything, just that the money we invested is just sitting with fortnoks out there
kayandbilly

Return to HOLIDAY & ORCHID FORT GOLF CLUB