Help!! Any1 getting Bulgarian Mortgage??

Help!! Any1 getting Bulgarian Mortgage??

Postby annamj885 » Mon Dec 15, 2008 11:27 am

Is anybody else getting a Bulgarian mortgage? Me and my bf are, well not, as a matter of fact because the banks are too specfic in what they want!! Arrrgghhh! There is no way we are going to get the mortgage in time at this rate!!

Wont accept bank statements printed off interenet banking, it just shows how un-modern this country is. Who recieves statements in the post these days! So we have had to pay for 6 months of statements and now got to take another 2 week to recieve them and post them over to Bulgaria. And also my bf just recently started new job but we have sent his payslips from his last job and also new contract of employment stating what he earns and also his first wage is on his bank statement....really now does it need to be this hard! We have covered alkl angles!

Anyone else having problems or can help us?

PS. I blame MRI as they never told us the property was completing and we still wouldnt know now if it wasnt for this forum, do they assume everyone has the internet!!!
annamj885

Re: Help!! Any1 getting Bulgarian Mortgage??

Postby Eric » Mon Dec 15, 2008 2:44 pm

Yeah hi, i had same problems as you. I bought two studios in Nessebar fort club and one in Bansko. I was banking on getting two mortgages from 'Capital Financial Partners' which were recommended by MRI! It was a disaster from the begining . I dont know how many times i had to resend 'Origional' documents ,they are so behind over there!!One time it took 3 weeks by registered post!! I thought it was lost but eventually turned up. I would recommend normal post.Cheaper & faster
When i thought all was going well i was contacted by CFP & was told all the people who applied for a mortgage in St Ivan Bansko have been refused the loan due to the global recession,banks tightening there belts which really screwed things up. I eventually got approval a couple of months later for my properties in NFC from a bulgarian bank, i had to re-mortgage at home again to finance Bansko. When i had problems MRI were useless, but very helpful when selling me the apartments :x To sum it up you need ALOT of patience...
Good luck
Eric
Eric

Return to HOLIDAY & ORCHID FORT GOLF CLUB