Update!

Update!

Postby annamj885 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:08 am

Just to let people know I have had an email from my Solicitors who have said that because Protocol 15 was issued 40 days early, the developers are allowiong extra time to pay in certain circumstance. The latest date to pay the full amount is 19 January .

Anyone else heard this? :)
annamj885

Re: Update!

Postby janet1 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:51 pm

Hi, No not heard a thing ,and thats the problem if it was not for this forum i would still be planing on april for our payment.fortnoks seems to assume everyone has access to a computer.It would be nice to have some personal contact to help us through this process,its not like its a bag of sweets we are buying.im begining to wonder if we've made a big mistake. janet
janet1

Postby annamj885 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 6:34 pm

Hi janet.,

I totally understand how you feel, I feel the same but im trying not to let the stress get the better of me. We wouldnt know either if i hadnt have emailed for an update. Its not very professional, Bulgarians just seem too laid back.
annamj885

Postby thumbsup » Fri Nov 21, 2008 9:26 pm

I am really stressing over paying the last installment too! I wish there was something on this website that gave clear guidelines on the final payment. e.g. What the latest deadline is to pay, do we have to travel out to bulgaria? If we do, how long do we need to be there for. Also I would be travelling with two young children aged 3 & 4, therefore need info on good hotels to stay in. Also any recommendations for Solicitors (is it best to use one, price?).

What are people generally ging to do? Transfer final installment and then fly out to sign paperwork? Everyday I check this forum for updates/news that would shed some light as to what to do next!!!

Please someone tell me I made the right decision buying in Sunny Beach (as I still haven't visited Bulgaria!) :roll: .
thumbsup

Postby annamj885 » Sun Nov 23, 2008 11:05 pm

Hi.. again!!

In answer to your question we arent going over there until the summer for a hol, we have sorted out people to sort things for us (obv at an expense) but the flights are so expensive and that money could go to furnishing it. We have been told we dont have to go over so i assume its the same for all.

Also we have instructed UNCLE BULGARIA to furnish it, rent it and clean it etc... they are really good and professional... they have already been out to the apartment and measured up and gave us a quote and have also even took photographs and emailed them us so we can see what it looks like!! They have a website.... http://www.unclebulgaria.com/

We are using Legal Independance sols.. they are ok... like all Solicitors really... i work in one and they are all the same :wink:

But i know what you mean about stressful... hopefully it will all be worth it.
annamj885

Postby BWFC » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:22 am

if u want to save money dont employ a solicitor u dont need one it is so easy fortnoks do all the legal work thats why u pay them £400+ a solicitor can"t do jack shit when u buy a property of plan in bulgaria he sits in a office and laughs at you while he banks your cheque get real this is not the UK.
BWFC

Postby Garyjs » Mon Nov 24, 2008 10:59 am

Wait until you get the council tax bills, they only charge 3.5 times the going rate, even if you do not yet own the apartment or have a key.

Don't you just love Fort Noks?

Gary
Garyjs

Postby annamj885 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 4:53 pm

BWFC wrote:if u want to save money dont employ a solicitor u dont need one it is so easy fortnoks do all the legal work thats why u pay them £400+ a solicitor can"t do jack shit when u buy a property of plan in bulgaria he sits in a office and laughs at you while he banks your cheque get real this is not the UK.

One problem with your suggestion.... FORT NOKS dont reply to any calls or emails so putting my trust in them to do it is a bit hard and plus its not off plan now cos its finished and if it wasnt for the solicitors at the start of the transaction when i bought off plan i wouldnt have the apartment as i gave them power of attorney and they translated everything and signed everything on our behalf, which they are going to do for completion to save us going over there.

I personally think a solicitor is necassary because there are a lot of legalities involved, and it works exactly as it does in the UK, especially if there are mortgage monies to be transferred over to the developer.

And as for your comment 'get real this is not the UK' dont we know it, Bulgarians are sooo laid back and think everyone has all the time in the world to do what they ask, in the UK this transaction would be done smoothly and professionally with all clients knowing where they stand!
annamj885

Postby BWFC » Tue Nov 25, 2008 2:21 am

annamj885 - i am trying to understand your message when i bought my apartment it was off plan at NFC i went through a company called emerging real estate i paid them a reservation fee off 1000 euros 2 weeks later i got a preliminary contract off fortnoks which was in english not bulgarian have you not read your preliminary contract if i wanted to proceed i signed the contract based on a 20% 20% 40% 20% plan so whats this paper your solicitor translated into english for you because ive not seen one and when u sign the final contract thats in english. you will have to go to the notary yourself i dont think a solicitor is allowed in with you
BWFC

Postby bgordon88 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 1:42 pm

Having gone to Notary for Nessebar Fort Club I can assure you that a solicitor is allowed to attend.
I used one but wouldn't recommend others do the same - all the contracts are the same and it's pretty much the same process for everybody.

You don't have to sign the notary until quite a while after your last installment is paid - not sure what the max time period is.
bgordon88

Postby annamj885 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:08 pm

BWFC -

The Solicitors arent allowed in where??
annamj885

Postby carbri57 » Thu Nov 27, 2008 1:03 am

hi anybody that bought on holiday fort ,i am a bit confused as to when we will pay our payment i was told i could pay another 30% and get the use of my apartment and then pay the final 20% 2010 has anyone else done it this way,by the way my partner brian and i have bought apartment d2 570 we would like to hear from anyone who has bought in our block as we are new to all this,hope to hear from someone soon. carbri57
carbri57

Postby Billy and Kay » Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:03 pm

Hi

We have bought in C1 APT 357. We have to pay 40% now with the last 20% due 1 year after completion which would have been June 2010 if the original completion date of June 2009 had happened. As it is now we will probably have to pay the last 20% in a years time as completion has just been announced. The timing is awful though with the state of the pound against the Euro.

Billy
Billy and Kay
Billy and Kay

Postby BWFC » Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:34 pm

bgordon88 - when u say attend do you mean that your solicitor sits with the translator the fortnoks guy and the man who sits in the big chair and holds that book in one hand or do you mean they wait outside cos i was told they are not allowed in to the notary"s office thats just what i was told i might be wrong
BWFC

Postby bgordon88 » Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:57 am

The solictor does not actually sit in the notary office. Mine was right next door though and he had read through all the papers beforehand with an interpreter.
There wasn't actually any point him being there for the final formality which takes about 20 seconds ie the signing of the docs.
Having said that it was a bit of a waste of money because it is exactly the same process for everyone.
It' s not as if it's a private sale or there is anything unusual about the purchase.
bgordon88

Next

Return to HOLIDAY & ORCHID FORT GOLF CLUB