Apostile?

Apostile?

Postby annamj885 » Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:04 pm

Right, I dont know about anyone else but I am getting so stressed out with this whole purchasing abroad thing, and it seems to be costing more and more each day!!

We have instructed CFP (dont use them they rip you off) but MRI told us they were good and efficient so we went with them. So we paid a substantial amount of money for this service, which i must say is pretty rubbish.... they are finding us a mortgage (well suppose to be) but it is such a slow procress. We sent over our p60's and ID etc.... but that isnt good enough, now the bank want us to get an Apostile from the Foreign Office which is going to cost more money.....

The process of getting a mortgage for us has already been going on a month.... is anyone else finding this whole process harder than it needs to be? We are worried that we wont get our mortgage in time, how long have we actually got because if i hadnt have contacted MRI for an update 2 month ago I would still never know about it completing now!!

Anyone else as stressed as i am? :(
annamj885

Re: Apostile?

Postby Adam » Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:12 pm

Hi,

I know exactly how you feel... i went through this whole process last year and yes i was just as stressed. CFP/MRI are as you say...rubbish! The sooner you can do without the better.

The apostile was something i also had to do. If i remember rightly, it is to certify the power of attorney given to your lawyers (i assume legal independance) to sign mortgage/title deeds. I had to go down to the bulgarian embassy in London which was an absolute nightmare seen as though i live hours away from London. I believe this can be done through a public notary more locally, yet more expensive.

With regards to how long you have got (i'm not sure of the dates etc. as i've not bought in this complex), i would suggest phoning FN themselves on this UK number: 08719906362 (i assume this number is not an international rate). This is the head office in Sofia and somebody there should be able put you in the picture. This way is a lot easier than sending e-mails that don't get a reply for days (if at all).
Adam

Postby enigma » Tue Nov 25, 2008 8:14 pm

All of you who are dealing with CFP / MRI have my sympathy.

I bought my apartment a few years ago in Sunny Beach through MRI, but did not use CFP as they wanted money up-front for doing very little. I got the mortgage myself directly from Piraeus Bank via their offices in London. It still took about 9 months!!!! Fortunately, the developer was kind enough to wait and I did not have to pay interest as I completed late.

For all of you who deal with MRI please DO NOT use any of their services. CFP is in fact owned by MRI. If any of you can please doit yourself as you cannot trust anyone in Bulgaria.

Best of luck to everyone.
enigma

Postby annamj885 » Wed Nov 26, 2008 2:22 pm

Hi enigma, i know what you mean about MRI/CFP im dealing with both! Lucky me!!

CFP did want money upfront and they are very sly!! Very!! We paid them £836.00 and then got a platinum membership card in the post, PLATINUM were thought? So anyway when I looked into it further it turns out that we could have silver membership as that is adequate for the services we require. We wasnt offered any other options! So anyway I phoned up and complained and they said they would refund me the difference and give me silver membership.... still no refund 4 weeks on!! Also as you say, they do very little, useless is a better word!! We really wish we had looked into a mortgage ourselves, but we paniced! So there is nothing we can do now as we have paid but as you say...

PEOPLE DO NOT USE MRI AND CFP!!

On the APOSTILLE note, we drove to Milton Keynes yesterday and got the docuements sorted, I mean the legalisation office were very fast and professional but it was the fact that me and my partner both had to take time off work and drive 3 hours there and 3 hours back! Its a lot of hard working this buying abroad stuff!

Merry Xmas lol! :D
annamj885

Return to HOLIDAY & ORCHID FORT GOLF CLUB