Bag snatching

Re: Bag snatching

Postby ANDYJAC » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:18 am

Hi Whiterose

This is the contents of the email that I sent to Teodor Minev on 28th

"We have just returned from a 3 week stay at Holiday Fort Golf Complex and there are a couple of issues that we feel that you need to be made aware of:

1. I had my handbag snatched as we were returning to the complex. I went into the office to ask the member of staff to call the police only to be told that there was no point as a Russian lady had had her bag snatched earlier and the police would not come out. We have since found out that another woman was dragged across the road towards the bushes earlier in the evening. Another lady was pushed to the ground by the furniture shop on Nessebar complex and her handbag was stolen. This is not a good advertisement for Fort Noks complexes as it would appear that these gypsies are targeting tourists staying on these 2 complexes. When I went into the office the next morning to ask what I needed to take to the police station, I was given the correct information, I suggested that a notice be displayed to warn people to be extra vigilant but this never appeared. Is there any possibility that Fort Noks could ask the Municipality to cut down the trees across from Holiday Fort Golf as this would be a deterrent to the gypsies as they would have nowhere to run and hide. Also increased police patrols around the area would act as a deterrent.

2. The number of people riding bicycles around the complex has increased dramatically. They are riding around as if it is a Formula 1 racetrack and on one occasion I was nearly hit as I was sat on a sunbed and my partner was almost knocked into the pool when we were returning home at night . There is a notice saying no cycling but this is blatantly ignored. When we complained to the staff in the office the response was “so” and shoulders shrugged. We were also asked what should they do about it. The simple answer is enforce the rules of the complex before there is a serious accident and someone is injured.

3. The lighting around the complex has been reduced. From our apartment balcony, we counted 5 lights that were not working. When we complained to the office, they sent the electrician to check the lights. Later that evening there were still lights not working. Obviously after having had my bag snatched, I was feeling nervous about being out at night and the lack of adequate lighting and children riding erratically around the complex made me feel quite vulnerable. We pay maintenance for 12 months and the actual tourist season is less than 6 months long. Why can’t the lights be on fully from May until the end of September as this is when most people come to stay in their apartments.

4. The rules regarding the closing time for the bar seem to change depending on what nationality are using the bar.

5. People are using the swimming pool up to and past midnight. I was under the impression that the pools were only to be used between specific times.

People have bought apartments so that they can go away and relax and have a good time. At the moment, the complex is not a relaxing place to be due to bag snatching in the vicinity, the riding bikes, late night swimming and there being one set of rules for the Russians and another set of rules for other nationalities. The lighting and bike riding has been an ongoing problem since last season and a petition was sent in to reflect this."

Here is the response from him:

"Thanks for you e-mail. We are completely aware about the safety issues near the complex and adequate actions are already done. Each night there is a security patrol standing near the safe road passage (on the side with trees). Also there is one more security guard during the night. Since the patrol is there no problems were reported. In any case we cannot protect the whole area near all three complexes so it will be important to use the safe passage we built as a road back to your apartment.

It will be almost impossible to stop all the kids in the complex to ride bicycles without the help from their parents. For a pity we didn't get the result we anticipated in that area. For this season we took penalties from around 10 parent for reckless riding from their kids. No accidents were reported so far.

The lights are a bit reduced because we switched to energy saver bulbs as a part of worldwide organizations in reducing our energy sources. In any case if a light is not working it should be repaired as soon as possible.

The rules in the bar are same for all - last orders in 23:00 and closing time 24:00.

There were some minor problems with people using the swimming pools after midnight but this was only in June. After that the security guard should have taken out all people who were using the pools at night. If next year you see someone in the pool please get this information to the security guard or in our office. My colleague should deal with them.

kind regards,
Teodor Minev"
ANDYJAC

Postby Whiterose » Mon Sep 16, 2013 7:34 pm

Hi Andyjac

Thank you for our post which is informative whilst at the same time I found it quite disturbing to read yet again (after
Linda's of your distressing experience) and also at the same time contents of the FN response to your e-mail highlighting
some of these problems.

I bought into the complex mostly because of the 'family friendly' marketing. Admittedly this was a feature for a number
of years, but judging by a lot of the posts on this website recently standards are beginning to slip, particularly where security and
personal safety are concerned, and these things need to be addressed as a priority don't you think?

As I have already previously stated if there was a serious accident involving a cycle on the complex, then the victim may
hold FN's responsible and take legal action being as they are the site owners (we only own the apartments and not the complex do we not?)
As said site owners surely they have a duty of care towards their residents whilst within the complex.
Regarding the other issue of muggings outside the complex by gypsies, granted they are not responsible for that, BUT if this is not stopped
(as you say these low life seem to be targetting these two complexes) not only will the unfortunate victims suffer as you sadly know from
personal experience but word soon seems to get around in Sunny Beach and Fort Noks should realise that it could have a knock on effect on their
own rental income (ie customers always have a choice of where to stay and there are always plenty of options) so it is not only in our interest
as owners to lobby the appropriate authorities to take some action, but also in their interests because dwindling rentals will undoubtedly have a
detrimental affect on their own company profitability.

A stress free holiday is what we all want on our hard earned break, and having to worry about being mugged whilst around the FN complexes
is not conjusive with that at all. The thought of loosing ones money is bad enough, but the thought of having your passport stolen (which
you need for the bank) and the hassle of replacing it in Bulgaria is not even worth thinking about, nor are the injuries that could be sustained by a victim.

As its a while since I was last over have FN put up any CCT'vs to cover the vulnerable areas adjacent to the complex as a deterrent, or is that a bit nieve of
me to ask!

best regards Whiterose
Whiterose

Postby Linda Lyons » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:17 pm

HI WHITEROSE,

AS FAR AS I CAN SEE,THE MAJORITY OF OWNERS WOULD PREFER TO MOAN & GROAN,AMONG THEMSELVES & OH,THE ODD TIME EXPRESS THEIR DISSATISFACTION ON HERE,& THINK THATS SUFFICIENT,BUT AS THE SAYING GOES,DO THE SAME THING THE SAME WAY & HEY PRESTO-THE SAME RESULT.

WHY DO OWNERS "NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS"!! NOT SEE THAT THE POWER TO CHANGE PROBLEMS & ISSUES IS AT THEIR FINGER TIPS,AS POTRAYED BY WHITEROSE-FORM A COMMITTEE THUS DECIDING ON MANAGEMENT & RELATED PROBLEMS & GETTING CONCREATE RESOLUTIONS,NOT "FLASH IN THE PAN" SHORT TERM SOLUTIONS THAT DO NOT AND NEVER WILL WORK,THIS HAS BEEN PROVEN TIME & TIME AGAIN.

I KNOW IF THIS WERE THE CASE,THE FIRST ISSUE TO BE RECTIFIED WOULD BE SECURITY,FORTNOKS SHOULD LIVE UP TO THEIR NAME WHICH IMPLIES...A BUILDING SO PROTECTED BY SECURITY THAT IT WOULD BE VIRTUALLY IMPOSSIBLE TO GAIN ENTRY,WHAT A JOKE,THERE SHOULD BE AT LEAST A 10FT WALL AROUND THE PERIMETER WITH ELECTRIC WIRE ON TOP,RATHER THEN THE "CHICKEN" WIRE THAT IS SUPPOSED TO FORM PART OF THE SECURITY OF THE COMPLEX.

EXTRAORDAINARY CONDITIONS CALLS FOR EXTRAORDAINARY MEASURES OF PROTECTION AS,REMEMBER,THESE GYPSIES ARE NOT ONLY OUTSIDE THE COMPLEX.THEY HAVE BEEN SEEN BY MANY IN THE COMPLEX,CONFIRMATION OF THIS CAN BE SEEN BY AN INSPECTION ON THE "FENCE"WHERE IT IS BROKEN DOWN IN PLACES,& A PATHWAY FORMED,I DON'T THINK CATTLE HAVE BEEN SEEN IN THE COMPLEX,OR ANYONE HAS NEED TO GO INTO THE FIELD.!!!

WHITEROSE,THANKS TO YOUR POSITIVITY,IT MAKES THE NEGATIVITY PALE INTO INSIGNIFICANCE.SO COME ON ALL YOU "VIEWERS"& HELP CHANGE THE STATUS QUO,ITS AFTER ALL IN EVERYONE'S OWN INTEREST,AS WELL AS FNS,IF ONLY FOR A FINANCIAL POINT OF VIEW AS IN EFFECTED RENTALS,SALES & RESALES.
Linda Lyons

Postby Whiterose » Tue Sep 17, 2013 5:58 pm

Well said Linda,
you make a valid point when you suggest that Fort Noks should live up to it's namesake, and it is far worse than I realised as I was
unaware that the surrounding fencing had been cut through in places and these thieves and vagabonds had actually been
seen within the complex, particularly as entrances to the individual blocks are never really locked, (again these security locks appear to be just for show
and serve no real practical purpose.)
Perhaps making it look like a prison, ie brick walls with wire on top is maybe going a bit too far Linda, but I get your point, the perimeter
should be made much more secure than it is at present, especially as these complexes being adjacent to open land at the back and sides are
especially vulnerable as FN should realise.
If each and every owner is serious about preserving the value of their investment for the future then they should wake up and smell the coffee,
like you say they should get together and become more proactive and take up positive GROUP negotiations with FN to ensure that the value of their property is maintained
and does not spiral rapidly downhill as a result of all the various negative issues highlighted on these Forums not being tacked and rectified. Surely to
have a vibrant, safe and happy complex for all owners and guests is in FNs own interest as well so that long term everyone benefits.

Finally, Just out of interest were these complexes initially marketed to us as being of 'Five Star Status' OR WAS THAT ALL JUST A DREAM???
Whiterose

Postby Linda Lyons » Tue Sep 17, 2013 9:11 pm

HI WHITEROSE,

I JUST CAN'T REMEMBER THE 5 STAR BIT,BUT ALL THE REST,AS IN FAMILY FRIENDLY,GATED COMPLEX ETC,SOUNDS SO HOLLOW NOW,I AGREE A PRISON LOOK WOULD BE A BIT OTT,I USED THAT DESCRIPTION TO POTRAY THAT A STRONG FORM OF PROTECTION IS NEEDED, TO PREVENT THESE SCUM ACCESS,IT SPEAKS VOLUMES TO HAVE TO MAKE SUCH A REQUEST.

THIS IS WHY I FEEL THE OUTSIDE DOORS OF EACH BLOCK SHOULD BE USED FOR THEIR INITAL PURPOSE,IT MAKES INDIVIDUAL APTS.VERY VUNERABLE, WHEN THIS TYPE OF ELEMENT IS PRESENT,I CANT SEE HOW THIS WOULD BE ANY EXTRA COST TO FNS,AS THE INTERCOMS ARE IN PLACE,IT WOULD JUST BE A MATTER OF EACH OWNER GETTING A KEY I'D IMAGINE,HOW BIG OF A DEAL IS THAT,BUT THEN AGAIN ITS FNS I'M TALKING ABOUT!!! :) :)
Linda Lyons

Previous

Return to HOLIDAY & ORCHID FORT GOLF CLUB