Bag snatching

Bag snatching

Postby ANDYJAC » Mon Aug 26, 2013 5:49 pm

Just arrived back home after 3 weeks at HFG. Had a great time apart from having my handbag snatched by gypsies as we were coming up to the water park. when we asked HFG staff to ring the police they did not want to know and told it was no use as the police would not do anything. They also informed us that the same thing had happened earlier to a Russian lady. There have also been a further 2 bag snatches that we are aware of, one took place by the furniture shop near NFC.

Please take extra care when coming home at night as they are upon you and have slashed you bag strap before you even realise it.
ANDYJAC

Re: Bag snatching

Postby charlie » Tue Aug 27, 2013 7:46 pm

hi andy &jackie what time did this happen and whereabout ?hope you are ok and it doesnt put you off was there anything valuable in your bag? charlie&pat
charlie

Postby Marcus » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:05 pm

There has definitely been an increased police and also security presence in and around NFC and HFC since the afore mentioned.
Marcus

Postby Linda Lyons » Wed Sep 04, 2013 7:16 pm

MARCUS, COULD YOU TELL ME WHERE EXACTLY THE POLICE HAVE MADE THEIR PRESENCE FELT SINCE THE MUGGING "EPIDEMIC" BEGAN OR INDEED WHERE IN THE LATTER END OF AUGUST :?: :?: :?: AS I FAILED TO SEE ANY SUCH ACTIVITY.
Linda Lyons

Postby Linda Lyons » Tue Sep 10, 2013 10:39 pm

YOUR LACK OF RESPONSE REFLECTS EXACTLY THE POLICE PRESENCE :roll: :roll:
Linda Lyons

Postby Marcus » Wed Sep 11, 2013 4:36 pm

Linda you attitude never ceases to amuse me...

Lets start with in the bar and out front of the NFC, and move onto the road up from DJanny's and also the bridge by the Waterpark where cars and pedestrians where being stopped at both locations. All witnessed by myself so i would say this was an increased presence from my point of view as i have never seen them there before now. Whether this is enough is another matter, as for the Epidemic i'm not too sure id call it that, but hey for comedy value lets see what your opinion on that is.
Marcus

Postby Linda Lyons » Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:43 pm

I'LL TAKE YOUR FIRST COMMENT, AS A COMPLEMENT,SHALL I :?: :wink:

DID THIS POLICE ACTIVITY, BY ANY CHANCE HAPPEN ON 26/8,THE REASON I ASK,IS THAT I HEARD FROM A RELIABLE SOURCE THAT NFC OFFICE HAD BEEN ROBBED ON 25/8,DON'T KNOW HOW TRUE THAT IS,BUT IN ANY CASE I CAN'T SEE HOW STOPPING CARS AND PEDESTRIANS WILL PREVENT THE MUGGING EPIDEMIC IN THE VICINITY.

I SAY EPIDEMIC,WHICH I CERTAINLY FIND FAR FROM COMICAL,AS TO MY DETRIMENT I WAS THE 11TH VICTIM IN 5 WEEKS.

IT WAS A VERY BRUTAL AND TERRIFYING EXPERENCE TO SAY THE LEAST,IN THAT I WAS KNOCKED OFF MY CRUTCHES AND DRAGGED ALONG THE ROAD BY 3 GYPSIES,JUST BEFORE THE TURN IN TO NFC.

SOME DAYS LATER 15-20 OWNERS AND MYSELF HELD A PROTEST MEETING IN THE OFFICE,PRIORITY ISSUES WERE,SECURITY,GATE CLOSURE,ROAD LIGHTING AND THE LOCKING OF THE OUTSIDE DOOR OF EACH BLOCK,SO THAT THE INTERCOM "ORNAMENTS" CAN BE USED FOR THEIR ORIGINAL PURPOSE.WE WERE INFORMED THAT ALL ISSUES RAISED WOULD BE DISCUSSED WITH THE HEAD OFFICE.

I WILL GIVE CREDIT WHERE ITS DUE,THE NEXT DAY A SPRING WAS ATTACHED TO THE GATE MAKING ENTRY WITH CARD ONLY,THERE WAS ALSO A MORE ACTIVE FN'S SECURITY PRESANCE,WHICH WAS COMFORTING.

HOWEVER, A LOT OF OWNERS INTEND CONTACTING THE MAIN OFFICE THEMSELVES,WITH A VIEW TO WITHHOLDING MAINTENANCE FEES, UNTIL SUCH TIME AS THE ABOVE ISSUES ARE ADDRESSED SERIOUSLY BY FN'S
Linda Lyons

Postby Marcus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:34 pm

Linda, I didn't say it would stop mugging I simply said there was an increased presence, which there has been. You then felt it necessary to berate me for not replying in an adequate timescale to your liking. I'm not sure whey you felt this was necessary but looking at your other posts I can see it is not an isolated incident. As for the gate closer.....people were still simply leaving it ajar and these were the people who stood with you in the 'protest'. Your belligerent persona is not appreciated, as common curtisy costs nothing.
Marcus

Postby Linda Lyons » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:36 pm

WHAT A VERY SAD EXCUSE OF A PERSON YOU ARE,YOUR OUTRAGEOUS OUTBURST WAS TOTALLY UNCALLED FOR,I WAS MEERLY GIVING AN UPDATE OF EVENTS THAT TRANSPIRED WHILE OVER THERE,NOW YOU DECIDE THAT THE SPRING ON THE GATE IS OF LITTLE USE,EVEN THOUGH IN A PREVIOUS POST BY YOU,YOU INFORM EVERYONE TO BRING THEIR CARDS AS THERE IS "A NEW CLOSER ON THE GATE".

AS FOR PEOPLE WHO WERE PART OF THE MEETING LEAVING IT OPEN,I HAVE NO PROOF OF THAT ONLY YOUR WORD WHICH HAS PROVEN TO BE VERY CONTRADICTORY,IN ANY CASE,I'M NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR OTHER PEOPLE'S ACTIONS.

IN USING THE TERM "BELLIGERANT" YOU HAVE VERY ADEQUATELY DESCRIBED YOURSELF,WHICH YOU HAVE DISPLAYED IN YOUR UNWELCOME RESPONSE,I COULD THINK OF A FEW MORE DESCRIPTIONS OF YOUR CHARACTER,BUT I WON'T GO THERE!!!

GO TRY AND ROCK SOME ONE ELSES BOAT,COS MINE AINT ROCKING :lol: :lol:
Linda Lyons

Postby Marcus » Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:50 pm

I think someone needs to re-read their posts, and wind their neck in, when someone makes an observation you feel obliged to attack them..........as I said before amusing.
Marcus

Postby Linda Lyons » Thu Sep 12, 2013 9:12 pm

TALKING ABOUT YOURSELF AGAIN,IT WAS I THAT WAS GIVING THE UPDATE AND "YOU" WHO VICIOUSLY ATTACKED ME,TUT TUT!!SHAME ON YOU, YOUR ONLY JUSTIFICATION IS REFERENCE TO MY PREVIOUS POSTS,WHICH IS A SIGN OF A WEAK PERSONA,WHEN YOU HAVE TO DEPEND ON PREVIOUS CONTENT TO MAKE SOME SORT OF A PHANTOM CASE FOR YOURSELF,INCIDENTLY,I'M VERY PROOD OF ALL MY POSTS.

BUT,HEY SH.T HAPPENS,CARRY ON WITH WHAT EVER FLOATS YOUR BOAT,BUT DON'T INVOLVE ME :lol: :lol:
Linda Lyons

Postby mandy » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:21 pm

Linda , OMG when did this all happen, I was out there 27/8 to 03/9 and never seen any movement from your apartment as I looked up everyday Hope your well
Mandy x
mandy

Postby Linda Lyons » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:58 pm

THANKS MANDY FOR YOUR KIND WORDS AND CONCERN,ITS CERTAINLY A BREATH OF FRESH AIR AFTER PREVIOUS POSTS, I JUST MISSED YOU BY MINUTES IT SEEMS,P.G WE'LL MEET NEXT YEAR,THATS IF I CAN GET RID OF THE BAD TASTE IT HAS LEFT!!

SAY HI TO GEORGE AND ALL FOR ME,TAKE CARE XX
Linda Lyons

Postby Whiterose » Sat Sep 14, 2013 10:55 am

Hi Linda

I must have been a terryfying experience for you and thank goodness you were not more seriously injured - hopefully you are now ok.
You made a very good suggestion that the issues that owners have might be better addressed if owners made their concerns
known directly to the FN Head Office rather than the local one, ie Dogs on the Complex, the dangers of kids cycling within the confines,
smoking within the restaurant, not to mention the security issues, (sometimes it seems to me that the Security Gate is just 'window dressing'
rather than a serious attempt to maintain security). The gate is left open so often it has become a joke (or not!)

Alas I don't think any of these issues will produce a positive result by just one or two voices in the wilderness, but will be taken seriously only if
there is a concerted effort by a group of owners who are serious about obtaining lasting improvements to the complex environment. and
ultimately the holiday experience.
As the FN complexes are now several years old there has never (unlike some other complexes in SB) been a Committee organised to look after
the owners interests. The recent bag snatching that has been highlighted on this Forum has got to be a cause for concern and although not
directly within the Fort Noks mandate one would have thought that they could have made representations to the local authority and indeed the
Police for the area to be monitored at least whilst these attacks are ongoing?

best wishes, Whiterose
Whiterose

Postby Linda Lyons » Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:15 pm

HI WHITEROSE,

YOUR KINDNESS & CONCERN IS VERY MUCH APPRECIATED & INDEED A VERY WELCOME GESTURE AS I COME TO TERMS WITH WHAT HAPPENED,BUT T.G.I WASN'T BADLY INJUIRED & I WILL GET OVER IT,BUT DREAD TO THINK WHO THE NEXT VICTIM MIGHT BE,& WHAT WILL HAPPEN TO THEM,AS THE MUGGINGS ARE GETTING MORE VICIOUS.

YES,EVERY POINT YOU RAISE IS SO TRUE,IF ONLY THERE WERE MORE LIKE MINDED PEOPLE ,WHO ACTUALLY UNDERSTAND,WHAT IS LONG OVER DUE TO BE DONE, (NOT TALK & COMPLAIN AMONG THEMSELVES) BUT TO GET ACTIVE & FORM A COMMITTE LIKE YOU SAY THERE ARE IN SB & IN MANY MORE RESORTS,I SPOKE TO A MANAGER OF A COMPLEX IN ST VLAS AND HE COULDN'T UNDERSTAND HOW OUR COMPLEX WAS OPERATING WITHOUT ONE,I TOLD HIM THAT IT WAS A ONE SIDED OPERATION!!

YOU VERY AMPLY DESCRIBE THE SO CALLED "GATED COMPLEX" WE BOUGHT INTO,SADLY FNS OR THE POLICE WILL DO NOTHING ABOUT THIS TERRIBLE EPIDEMIC & INDEED NOTHING WILL BE DONE ABOUT THE OVER ALL CONDITIONS UNTIL SUCH TIME AS THE OWNERS GET A VOICE,WHICH I'M NOT TOO OPTIMISTIC ABOUT,BUT HEY, THEY DO SAY MIRICALES HAPPEN :lol:

KIND REGARDS,

LINDA
Linda Lyons

Next

Return to HOLIDAY & ORCHID FORT GOLF CLUB