Petition - to provide walkway on main road for pedestrians

Petition - to provide walkway on main road for pedestrians

Postby ptoner » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:57 pm

Hi all

There is an owner (not sure if Bulgarian or Russian) who is collecting names on a petition so that we maybe can influence getting a proper walkway path on the main road leading up to the complexes.

Quite a few of us signed it as it was passed round the bar one afternoon.

If you haven't seen it, it is available in the NFC Fort Noks office and can be signed.

Not sure if anything will come of it... but worth putting your name down when you are out here

There is also a sign on one of the front gates to the complexes explaining this

Paddy NFC 721
ptoner

Re: Petition - to provide walkway on main road for pedestrians

Postby STUART & SHIRLEY » Thu Aug 19, 2010 3:54 pm

Hi Could you tell me if we can put our names to it online I,ve not been over for about a year ,when I was last over there was talk about gettin a Bridge walkway over the road as the traffic was bad from the complex to the aqua park
STUART & SHIRLEY

Postby irina_k » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:18 am

STUART & SHIRLEY,

Some time ago, after the horrible incident you may know of, Igor Fort wrote a detailed message on the Rusian forum about huge efforts FN puts to resolve this. They applied to the municipality on quite a number of occasions saying that FN is ready and willing to finance whichever option municipality will permit - underpass, overhead or regular pedestrian crossing. They however are still awaiting decision from official bodies as town planning is involved and this does't seem an easy matter... FN went as far as ask them how many more casualties it would take to give the permit, so on this they are very resolute and consistent.
I am going down there in a week, will check if FN still collect signatures, if online signatures are ok and will let everyone here know.

Regards,

Irina
Last edited by irina_k on Fri Aug 20, 2010 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
irina_k

Postby STUART & SHIRLEY » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:45 am

Thanks for the information ,It seems in any part of life it takes an injury or a fatality to get the problem addressed ,it is the same with my workplace
STUART & SHIRLEY

Postby kimmick » Tue Aug 24, 2010 11:15 pm

out there last week a fatal accident think it was a gipsy who got killed. Two cars had collied comming from junction as far as i know i think the gipsy was at the side of the road. Petiton is still ongoing.

kim mick
kimmick

Postby perrym » Thu Sep 02, 2010 12:06 am

All

Funnily enough my wife and I have just returned from NFC and we had an incident one afternoon when a car turning right from the junction just down the road misjudged the on coming traffic speed and to avoid being run into decided to drive down the gravel pathway directly towards my wife, myself and my mother in law who is 70+ we had to dash to bushes to avoid being hit and the driver a man drove past totally oblivious or not bothered that he had nearly run down 3 people on a pedestrian walkway

If something is not sorted soon there is going to be one serious possibly multiple fatality

:(
perrym

Postby Garyjs » Fri Sep 03, 2010 10:40 am

This was posted on another forum today, 3rd September 2010 refering to incidents on the main road
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The accident happened outside Holiday Fort on Sunday the 23rd August, a car was turning left by the water park and a car hit it from behind at a very fast speed, the driver of the stationary car was fine but the one that went into the back of him was taken to hospital, no one was killed thank god. The story as it has gone around seems to have added bits to it, bit like a fishermans tale. Last year a gypsy was killed on the road and there is now a headstone by the OMV garage.
Garyjs

Postby mishka05 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 3:03 pm

Hi, we returned last night after 2 weeks in our app on NFC and we too witnessed the car crash outside HFGC, which appeared to be as a result of the usual total lack of responsible driving and care of other road users and pedestrians. The drivers appear to be of the attitude that if you are crossing the road that they are driving on then it is your responsibility to get out of the way or suffer the consequences!! This is of course only my opinion.

However I must stress that the management of NFC are totally committed to providing a safe method of crossing the main road and are actively encouraging people to sign the pettition located in the office and i have every confidence in their commitement for the safety of owners and their guests.

Both pettitions are on the desk as you walk into the office and signatures are still being collected.

jules
mishka05

Postby Garyjs » Sun Sep 05, 2010 10:28 pm

You would have thought that permission for a crossing was obtained, under, over, or across the road, when they decided to build the complexes on the opposite side of the main road, from the town, & that it would have been installed before the complexes, were completed

If permission for a crossing was denied, then they should not have built the complexes, I wonder if everyone that purchased an apartment would have done so knowing that several years from opening, there would be no crossing, surely all the council tax collected from the complexes, would be more than enough to pay for one

I am sure that eventually there will be one, & am amazed that no one has yet been killed, I guess they know what they are waiting for, it would be nice to know what it is

Surely in the mean time a speed restriction should be in place
Garyjs

Postby Di & Sean » Sat Sep 11, 2010 7:36 am

Hi all,
Some engineer's have been sighted at the junction of the aqua park, doing levels etc. So maybe something might be happening ? We will keep you updated over the winter, if there is anything to report.
Chow for now.
Sean
Di & Sean

Postby irina_k » Sat Sep 11, 2010 12:17 pm

Hi all,
Just returned from our Bulgarian home to a stationary one :) and rushed to share a great piece of news we got from Krasimir - the permit for erection of a o/h walkway was given on week 34. Hopefully the dreadfull stories we read here are now sad history and next season will be far more enjoyable for us all.
Cheers,
Irina
irina_k

Postby tomhez » Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:33 am

I can also confirm that this is true and Fort Noks are hoping to have the overhead walkway completed before the start of the next holiday season.

Tom
E-mail:
tomhez

Postby Linda Lyons » Sun Sep 12, 2010 2:06 pm

Hi Irina,,Di and Tomhez,

That is fantastic news altogether :lol: Thanks so much for being the bearers of such good news,after all the doom and gloom on this subject its brill to hear that something positive is going to happen at last,as one would be beginning to think it was a lost cause,keep the good news rolling if thats possible :D
Linda Lyons

Postby tomhez » Sun Sep 12, 2010 4:19 pm

Hi Linda,

It is nice to receive good news but please remember if it does not happen (on time or ever) don't shoot the messengers :D :D :D

Tom
E-mail:
tomhez

Postby Linda Lyons » Sun Sep 12, 2010 5:52 pm

Hi Tomhez,

No i'll just use a water pistol :wink: i know nothing is certain until it happens,especially with FN'S but now there's a little hope,which is great,so your safe :lol:
Linda Lyons

Next

Return to HOLIDAY & ORCHID FORT GOLF CLUB