GOLF COURSE

Re: GOLF COURSE

Postby brenlu » Mon Aug 15, 2011 1:27 pm

I've recently returned having spent nearly 3 weeks at my Apartment which overlooks the "Golf Course". It looks very well after the grass is cut but the condition of the Greens make it unsuitable for the serious player. However, it is very appealing as a leisure area and guests seemed to be voting with their feet (most of whom appear to know nothing about Golf), to use it like a Park, especially in the late evening for about an hour or two before sunset- at any one time there would be 4 or 5 small family groups in different corners of the Course, one maybe flying a kite, another playing badminton and others with toddlers learning to walk. This meant it would be totally unsafe to use it for Golf at this time. However, there was plenty of other times when there was no-one around and it was possible to play Golf and there would be a few people out most days for short periods practicing Golf (Management should look into the safety aspects of combining the area with other activities other than Golf e.g. erecting signs that no-one enter the Course while Golf in progress).

Luckily there was no problem this year with mosquitoes- last year the area behind the Golf Course was a proper lake (protected wetland area for wildlife) and there was no shortage of mosquitoes and midges. It would appear this area is a floodplain and one year it's dry and another it's wet but the Golf area itself never floods to my knowledge.

The Management at Reception have a full set of Golf-Sticks and balls(right-handed clubs only) which they lend out to residents for a deposit, fully refunded when you return the items- would recommend you have a few spare balls with you because if balls go over the fence into the wasteland area it's virtually impossible to get them. At the moment they have no set opening times but something that will have to be considered, if the area continues to be used as a general leisure area- at the moment it looks like Management is adopting a wait and see area to evaluate what demand there is for Golf.
brenlu

Previous

Return to HOLIDAY & ORCHID FORT GOLF CLUB