GOLF COURSE

Re: GOLF COURSE

Postby STUART & SHIRLEY » Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:43 am

Hi Irana

Well I for one I bought my apartment as an investment as it says "golf club" it sounds a lot better than football club.I think the name "Holiday Fort Golf Club" must have confused people when they bought the apartments as they must think it must have meant football .I will be voting for the golf course to stay,no doubt with many others as well ,it seems that there is no proper management structure at fort noks and everybody there have different ideas of what information comes from the office,a case of the right hand not knowing what the left is doing,
STUART & SHIRLEY

Postby irina_k » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:31 am

I believe both the hands have been instructed to do what they do by the brain, that's just their idea of keeping everyone placated, including the thoughtless and pushy investors seeing one thing, but buying something else and then demanding that 1 is converted into 2. :shock:

As for golf, it's same with me - I wouldn't have bought an apartment overlooking a FOOTBALL ground, no matter how small.
Last edited by irina_k on Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
irina_k

Postby STUART & SHIRLEY » Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:43 am

Dont get me wrong, but I am a football fanatic,but as you say you never bought the apartment to live next to a football pitch,I bought it to play golf ,well so I thought anyway :? and chill out
STUART & SHIRLEY

Postby irina_k » Fri Aug 20, 2010 7:07 am

Agree, it's not a matter of being or not being a football fan (my husband and I are Zenith and Arsenal fans :D ), it's a matter of holiday property management.
Last edited by irina_k on Fri Aug 20, 2010 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
irina_k

Postby charlie&pat » Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:50 am

If you have seen the golf course you would know that in order to turn it into a football pitch they would have to remove hundreds of thousands of tons of soil, at great cost to fort noks, i cannot see them spending this money, there is already a football pitch on nessebar fort club, the person to contact in the office is KRASIMIR he speaks very good english and is always helpfull, his email address can be found under contacts.
charlie&pat

Postby GPET-C1 » Sun Sep 05, 2010 12:51 pm

Oh dear, where to start on the subject. Charlie and Pat seem to have been lied to like many of us on this complex. The fact that they bought through an agent in the centre (no names but I suspect I bought from the same people) is irrelevant as they will sell on the basis of FN instructions. I doubt that any legal action will in fact solve anything sadly. The wording from the seller as I recall, was that the waste ground behind the complex had planning permission submitted from outside investors to develop it into a full golf course. However, I think that is beyond FN responsibility. I believe we have been mis-sold property but that FN will get away with it as there is golf (of sorts) available. On the wider scheme of things, my belief is that Bulgarian property developers will over develop the Sunny Beach area and not learn lessons from other countries that have done the same, and are now not so popular as a holiday destination. Spanish resorts for instance. The inclusion of a full golf course can only enhance the area and increase tourist revenue, but property developers are in business to make money and that is the be all and end all in their eyes. If this area of land in indeed used to build more dwellings, the over development issue, in my humble opinion, will be a reality. Sadly, our investments in this area of the world suddenly looks very shaky and exposure to financial loss is a reality. The owners that will not lose, are the ones who bought purely to have a foreign property in the sun for their own delights and not based on finance in the hope of future profit. Not a positive post I am afraid, but I think a realistic one. I wait with baited breath to read replies!!!
GPET-C1

Postby brenlu » Mon Sep 06, 2010 12:23 am

Well if it's any consolation to you, the open ground behind HFGC appears to be a flood plain from what I've seen myself last May and there was something akin to a small lake still there when relatives of mine stayed in July. That should be enough to stop anyone building there in the foreseeable future. I'm not an architect, just I know a risk of flooding should be enough to put off any prospective builder. Also, it would be something that could put off any liklehood of planning permission. When I was considering purchasing I was told by the Estate Agents rep that there was some reason that it was not possible to get planning permission for buildings there (I can't remember what exactly it was, just I was reassured I would not lose the view). I'm going out to visit my apt next week- I might get more info.
brenlu

Postby charlie&pat » Wed Sep 08, 2010 9:24 pm

sorry to upset everyone but planning permission has already been granted, like everyone we were told lies about what would be built behind the complex all agents it seems are liars.
charlie&pat

Postby brenlu » Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:14 pm

Charlie and Pat, GPET-C1,

Just want to clarify that we're talking about the same piece of land- the land beyond the "Golf Course". I've just returned after a short stay at my apt. and I enquired in the Reception and was told that that land is zoned as a Wild Bird Conservation area(Government Order) and therefore can't be built on. It would also affect any plan to extend the area allocated at the moment for Golf. Let's hope there's also a clause that would not allow large crowds or noisy activities in the area for fear of disturbing the wild birds! At least Golf is a quiet game but judging by the size of the area presently allocated for it, the best we could hope for is Pitch and Putt or a Driving Range combined with a Putting Green. There's a lot of work still to be done to get it to a standard that would attract the experienced golfer. They would also have to employ trained personnel to maintain it all year round to have it in good condition for the holiday season. They are allowing free use of it this year(pay refundable deposit for the clubs and Golf bag). My apt. overlooks this area and I was happy to see a broad range of people trying it out.
brenlu

Postby charlie&pat » Mon Sep 13, 2010 11:12 pm

brenlu if you mean youve spoken to the on site office they dont seem to have a clue what is going on, milena at head office told my self and six other people who were signing their notary that planning permission had been granted to build houses, the land far beyond the pond and rubble is a nature reserve, do you think they would allow fort noks to dump all the rubble there if the land behind the compex was a nature reserve?
charlie&pat

Postby brenlu » Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:27 pm

Charlie and Pat,
Do you know what the plans are for the land between HFGC and Nesseber FC? it's a bit of a wasteland at the moment, I could imagine buildings going up there alright. Anyway someone could see details of plans on a map?
brenlu

Postby brenlu » Wed May 04, 2011 2:45 pm

Just wondering has anyone been in HFGC this year and seen how the mini- Golf area is progressing(hopefully)? I will be out there myself first week of June. It's great to see the Over-Bridge on the main road is well on the way to completion.
brenlu

Postby brenlu » Mon Jun 13, 2011 12:09 am

Well, I've just arrived back after a short visit to HFGC and I'm pleased to report that there have been some trees planted on the Golf Course, which give it a nice landscaped look- also means it won't now be suitable for a Football field. When I arrived 1st June, I was v.disappointed to see the grass particularly the Greens had not been cut- I enquired at Reception to be told that no-one had shown an interest in the Golf- I said no-one could even think of playing on it the way it was. Krasimir said they'd get it cut on Monday 6th and sure enough the Mowers were out first thing and worked all day. It looked lovely when it was finished and in no time there were a couple of couples out playing. Unfortunately, we had to leave for the Airport just then and never got to playing and doing a closer inspection- I've no doubt there is plenty of room for improvement of the finer details but if at least the Grass could be mowed frequently, it would at least attract a number of amateur players for a bit of fun.
Also, good news on the Overbridge- it's taking shape and making good progress. It looks as if there will be a lift on either side making it suitable for families with buggies and persons with disabilities.
brenlu

Postby irina_k » Mon Jun 13, 2011 3:25 pm

Hi Lucy,

Thank you for the great news! From what you write I understand that the more interest in golf we show the better is the golf course catered for. Well-well, something to think about...
irina_k

Postby thetravlebug » Fri Aug 12, 2011 3:48 pm

I have often driven past the complex and noted it said golf course but always wondered why as was not away of any golf course in the area, except the one that was supposed to be built near Kablashkovo (? likely spelt wrong) and which did not go ahead like so many other promised golf courses in Bulgaria. However, we visited the complex a few days ago with a view to seeing if it is a place we would like to buy an apartment in (resale) and were surprised to see the small golf course behind. It looked well manicured (to someone who knows nothing about golf) although no-one playing and nothing up on reception windows about golf. And nothing mentioned in any of the agents adverts for resales on the complex.

So questions - if we bought there and provided a set up of clubs for our guests (or at least one or two irons and a few golf balls) could they just go and play whenever they wanted
- is there an additional charge to play there?
- is it only open for certain hours
- seems a lot of marshy ground around - are the mosquitos and midges very bad (as they are in some other areas of Sunny Beach)
http://www.thetravelbug.org - free independent advice on buying and selling in Bulgaria & living here
http://thetravelbug.proboards.com - Bulgaria forum
http://www.thetravelbug.org/blog - Bulgaria & Beyond
thetravlebug

PreviousNext

Return to HOLIDAY & ORCHID FORT GOLF CLUB