PROPERTY-RELATED WAY TO SAVE = EARN MONEY

PROPERTY-RELATED WAY TO SAVE = EARN MONEY

Postby irina_k » Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:55 pm

Hello everyone,

Many of us apartment owners wish not to only rest in our overseas properties, but earn some money as well. Nothing new said. But with the current market situation and decline in tourist attraction of Bulgaria we are not likely to gain meaningful profits. However, there is a way to at least save some money (the alleged penny saved...). Every now and then we read posts of those wishing to rent an additional apartment for their friends or relations going along with them. Why not exchange apartments with equal parametres suiting both the parties for hosting the guests? You save the cost of, say, 2 weeks rental for your friends, adult kids or bigger family and provide the roof overhead to someone for 2 weeks at the time suiting them (which can occur when noone is likely to rent your apartment anyway). All we need to do is fix the dates. Besides, since we all are a part of the same online community, this brings possible intentional damage to assets to zero.
How about that? Please comment, your opinions are highly appreciated.

Regards,
Irina
Last edited by irina_k on Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
irina_k

Re: PROPERTY-RELATED WAY TO SAVE = EARN MONEY

Postby irina_k » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:20 pm

An after-thought: it seems logical that settlement of water, electricity bills for the rental period shall be responsibility of the leaseholder, same as cleanliness of the apartment on check-out (incl. linen, dishes). It's for them to decide how they choose to go about this - via FN staff or, may be, by self-catering.
I would imagine that cleanliness of the apartment before check-in (and fixing readings of water/electricity metres) should be the responsibility of apartment owners, this can be arranged via FN HFGC office.
irina_k

Postby ondacero » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:13 am

Hello Irina,

What a great idea, and it should be very popular in the future when all apartments are furnished. We looked at your fotos and think they look terrific. Your kitchen looks very good, could you tell us who did it for you? as it is something we must organise for our studio. We will be in Sunny Beach in 2 weeks time. thank you. Linda
ondacero

Postby irina_k » Thu Sep 24, 2009 2:02 pm

Hi, Linda!

Thank you so much for your positive attitude of the idea! I, too, think that, so long as the tourist boom (which will not occur before recession end anyway) is some time ahead, and, since FN didn't include HFGC in their rental programme, we might earn some money on our own (by saving it or may be even earning some live cash if our apartments are in demand – by ourselves). We might use the forum to develop here a pool of studios, 1- and 2- bedroom apartments (with photos attached) and a calendar with free/occupied dates.

Now, Linda, about our studio. I was so-o-o pleased to know you liked it ). Actually, we only had 1 week for getting the legal papers in order, furnishing it and having some rest (ambitious plans, aren’t they? ))) ). It was quite an undertaking to find furniture suiting the wooden door in the studio in colour (cherry). We were lucky to come across SAKAR furniture shop where we bought everything at a time except the sofa-bed: http://www.tksakar.com/index_en.html This is where we bought the kitchen furniture as well. It’s very basic, but we didn’t want anything extravagant for the apartment we intended to lease anyway. It was the last set of this model, but I am sure you will find something of the kind there. The furniture was delivered on time, I only am not happy with the way the guys installed it, the lower cabinets they didn’t fix straight and said that our floor level was not even. (

If you need any tips from someone who’s been through it already, just ask. I shall be happy to give you (and anyone else, for that matter) addresses, telephones of shops, references and any info I have.

Regards,
Irina
irina_k

Return to HOLIDAY & ORCHID FORT GOLF CLUB