some advice please about this complex

some advice please about this complex

Postby stephandabbey » Wed Jan 28, 2009 12:48 pm

im thinking about renting an apartment here for a month july/august. there will just be myself and my daughter who is 10 staying. ive found the apartment etc but just want some advice from real people who are not trying to sell me things!! ive read many of the forum posts but some are of the things i want to know about were posted over 12 months ago.... maybe some changes since??

1, sun loungers - are they still charging? ive loked and it says 5 euros a week for parasol and lounger? adds 60 (2 loungers plus parasol for 1 month) euros on to my holiday so need to consider that carefully!! with coming for such a long time we do spend at least a couple of hours at the pool each day. im not a big swimmer so tend to just bathe.... are there many grassy areas around the pool where i could put my towel. ive no objections to grass for a couple of hours but tow the line at lying on concrete!! my daughter is far too young to be allowed to go alone

2, is the bus service now up and running? what are the charges/times i.e. first bus/last bus and where do they go? i dont drive so buses are of great importance to me.

3, taxis. how much will a taxi cost me to get to st vlas from the apartment in the evenings if the buses dont run etc. from the forum posts it seems there is little entertainment on the actual complex itself.... im not big on going out anyway, especially not alone with my daughter when it is late but its nice a few times a week to not cook and have the odd glass of wine!! i really dont want to be in the hustle and bustle of sunny beach but dont want to be in the middle of nowhere either! are the services reliable and how do i know a driver is from a registered firm... i.e. not getting in a car alone with robber etc (maybe im over-reacting but i just like to know in advance how to keep us safe!!)

4, is the complex safe?

5, has all the building work and stuff finished?

6, generally just what you think. this is going to cost me a lot more than my regular month in spain more than double in fact so i need to know its going to be special and worthwhile....

thanks to anyone reading this and for any replies and opinions you can give me

steph xx
stephandabbey

Return to GRAND RESORT: Marina, Panorama, Imperial, Crown, Sea Fort