Just got back

Just got back

Postby littlebush » Wed Jun 18, 2008 5:04 pm

For those who have apts on Imperial, ive just got back from Crown and this post applies to you too really....

Hi

Just got back from a long weekend at my apartments in Crown (My 2nd visit since apts completed last year)

My thoughts:

-Sunny beach VERY quiet. I've not been over in June before so dont have anything to compare to but everyone i spoke to said it was extremely quiet. Many excuses for why-the world economy, people just not interested in Bulgaria etc.
-Crown was quiet as expected but busier than i thought(At a total guess I'd say maybe 50 apts were being used)
-Weather was decent enough, one big down pour Sunday morning and night otherwise hot and sunny.
-Was surprised at the number of Russians there this year and chatting to people and reading articles, it looks like theyre starting to buy/holiday there so that could be the market we need to tap into for rentals!
-I still feel that the whole area around Crown needs some bars/restaurants(not those on site) within walking distance of the complex. some people are put off getting on a bus to go out for a night.
-Pleased theyve put the underpass in
-The cafe and shop on Crown are now open.
-Theyve got jet skis on the beach by Panorma, werent there last year.
-Had the usual fantastic food everywhere I ate (Condor in Sunny beach still my favourite), but also The Old Mill at Vlas marina.
-Taxi's charging between 25-30 lev from sunny beach to the apartments but i met 2 taxi drivers who were cheaper and happy to do a flat rate-i will put a seperate post with their numbers/prices.
-I thought in general everything was a little dearer than last year, partly due to the exchage rate and partly i think prices have slightly increased but still fantastic value for money compared to Spain/western europe.
-Fort Noks have started to charge for the sun loungers on the complex!!!!
-Finally signed my deeds-if anyone else is doing the same-allow some time!!! Got the usual crap from Legal Independance. They said itd be half an hour and after waiting for 3/4 hours without being offered a drink we finally got everything signed.

Overall though im still happy, just wish could get a few more rentals!

THink thats it for now, if you have any questions, just PM me.

Cheers

Dave.
littlebush

Re: Just got back

Postby ASK » Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:55 pm

Glad you got your deeds sorted - it is a time-consuming task isn't it?
FN have always charged for sunloungers on Panorama - you must have just been lucky if never charged before!
Grand Resort is popular with eastern Europeans (mainly Russians and Polish) and I know Fort Noks have tapped into the Russian market for their rental scheme. Think it is definitely the way forward, but not speaking any Russian, not too sure how to attract their business! One downside to this though is that they don't really go out at night (or so I've heard) - might have knock-on effect on building atmosphere.
When we were over (9-16th June) we only paid 20lev to SB by taxi and got back for same price - think you were ripped off!!
Condor great, as was Miami and chinese in St Vlas. Restaurants on complex seemed more restricted menu than last year, but still reasonably cheap and convenient. Didn't make it to the bar/restaurant on Crown (couldn't face the hill with a pushchair), but believe the menu is Mexican - is that right?
Think we'll have to give it time for more local bars etc - complexes are going to need to be busier to warrant more bars opening nearby.

Alison
ASK

Postby June » Thu Jun 26, 2008 8:21 pm

I think that we need to look back over the development of Sunny Beach/St Vlas/Elinite over the past 8 years. The resort of Sunny Beach started by the traffic lights by the Victoria Palace hotel (no Victoria Palace then) and ended at the traffic lights by the bus station the right hand side of the resort going towards Nessebar was just trees and a few old building then there was the market area which finished behind the Post Office and then nothing, the other side had more hotels but large areas of trees etc, the Kuban hotel was always classed as the centre of the resort. 95 percent of all tourists were Russian, or from the eastern block countries, 2001 was probably the start of the development of the resort, St Vlas was still a village with the area from the Victoria Palace until the small white villas on the road into Vlas, Vlas was just fields excluding the sanatoriam which has always been there and then after the white villas just fields on the right side until you got to Elinite which was just a small holiday camp. The resort of Sunny Beach in 2001 could cater for 25,000 beds so the resort seemed very very busy a lot of people in a small area, each year it seems quieter but in fact there are now more tourists in the resort then every before, but you have to look now at the size of the area, more people, bigger area so places look quite. Taxi prices even back in 2000 and before have always been a problem you needed to sort a price out then before you got into one, there were far more restaurants back then than there is now in Sunny Beach mostly due to the fact they have all sold and apartment or hotels have been built were they used to be. I do agree that now is the time to stop building and look at things that need to be built in Sunny Beach. St Vlas Elinite etc but as a previous post stated that Russian etc dont go out much at night, which is quite correct any of the old eastern block countries the people from them dont go out at night as such. Anyway enough of me going on just a little look at what the resort was once like
BIB Services The complete service
June

Postby littlebush » Thu Jun 26, 2008 9:42 pm

'June'-thanks for your post, very useful.
As a 'new-comer' to Bulgaria and the area then its useful to hear your comments.
I'm fully aware that his is a long term investment and maybe im being a little impatient.
I personally still love it out there but i know what some people are like when they go on holiday and theyre too lazy to get up and make the most of their hols and expect everything close by and at the moment Crown doesnt quite offer it.

As for the Russians, well, I've several close Russian friends so i will see what i can find out.
I'm surprised they dont go out - all my Russian friends are complete p!ssheads!!!!

I think youre right, the resort will continue to grow-in size and in numbers of passengers.
As a Brit, its still not fully on the British radar but once it is, it will become more popular and if more Russians are coming out then it will get busier and busier which is a good thing (for those looking for rentals that is).

Patience, something im not too good, at but will have to learn....
littlebush

Postby asa » Mon Feb 16, 2009 1:51 pm

Good day, everybody! I am a Russian & we have just bought an apart at Imperial, block C4. I read your topic & decided to comment on some points regarding Russians. As for rentals I think Russians prefer to buy not to rent apartmens especially taking into account the price reduction & conditions of long tirms payment form side of Fort Noks. While buying apartments Russians supposed to come with family ( I mean kids & so on) so they prefer to spend more time together with family & to rest a little bit form Moscow life ( most of Russian owners are from Moscow) that`s why they may be go out not so often. Though Russians like to have paries & to drink :oops: If any questions please ask. I`ll glad to answer. Sorry to interrupt your forum :) my e-mail : sveta_100@hotmail.com
asa

Return to GRAND RESORT: Marina, Panorama, Imperial, Crown, Sea Fort